Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use the Hero 911 app?

http://www.hero911.org

Heard about this is a Dave Grossman training video and signed up. Seems like a pretty good idea. It even has a demo so you can see and hear what an actual event would sound like. Oh. And you have to prove you're law enforcement, so no posers. Check it out.
    "Life is not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward"- Rocky Balboa

Black Labs Matter!

I've got it on my phone. They do send out nationwide alerts for large-scale MCIs (mall shootings, Chattanooga) with a disclaimer of "Situational Awareness Only, No Action Requested," or something along those lines. I hope I never see a true activation, but I'd rather have it and not need it.

Comment

I tried the demo to see what it would actually look and sound like. Chilled me to my bones but awesome information provided. I just need to get my school system to sign up for their end of it.
      "Life is not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward"- Rocky Balboa

Black Labs Matter!

Comment

Dave Grossman usually asks his LE audiences to get the app.
        I got it, but it has never activated, including the Chattanooga shootings, and I live close by.

The test button is the best part- it screams a really loud and good quality wail siren....
        SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
        SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Originally posted by swat_op506 View Post
          Dave Grossman usually asks his LE audiences to get the app.
          I got it, but it has never activated, including the Chattanooga shootings, and I live close by.

The test button is the best part- it screams a really loud and good quality wail siren....
          I haven't had the full alert go off on those incidents, just a push notification

Comment

What kind of information do you have to give up in order to sign up?

Comment

Name, department, and it takes a picture of your badge and creds to prove your police. Don't want security guards showing up.

Black Labs Matter!

Comment

Not too keen on the idea of pictures of my ID floating around out there. With all the clowns making false ID's, could be a bad thing.

I like the idea of being informed that somethings going on so that I can avoid the area and stay out of the way, but I wouldn't be "responding".
                Last edited by FireCop203; 01-31-2016, 08:46 AM.

Comment

If Grossman endorses it I trust it. The man knows what he's talking about.

Black Labs Matter!

Comment

Originally posted by Interceptor View Post
                    http://www.hero911.org

Heard about this is a Dave Grossman training video and signed up. Seems like a pretty good idea. It even has a demo so you can see and hear what an actual event would sound like. Oh. And you have to prove you're law enforcement, so no posers. Check it out.
                    Hmmm, that looks like a great app.

Like most things in technology though, it probably has some real up sides and real down sides.

Seems cool at first glance though.

Comment

I think about hackers almost 24/7 so I hope they have some really great firewalls. Makes a great homing beacon.

Hell I could come up with a great DIE HARD script thinking about it...

Comment

I only hope that the "actual" notification , should one ever happen, come faster than the "situational notifications" that ive gotten, because i usually hear about the incidents on the news before the notifications ever come through.
                        USMS Region 3
                        Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
                        Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
                        Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
                        BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
                        Medical:2/15/10
                        MedicalReview: 4/15/10
                        FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
                        Drug: 6/5/10
                        Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
                        Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
                        Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
                        Written: 12/27/10
                        NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
                        To:
                        Medical:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3344 users online. 166 members and 3178 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X