Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An article on police shootings.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/inv...t-nearly-1000/

So, I didn't read the entire article, just some of the stats they posted upfront, but I imagine that the Washington Post wasn't out to portray the police in a favorable light. However, I did find it interesting that only 4% of all police shootings involved white police officers and unarmed black men because it kills the Black Lives Matter narrative.

Granted that unarmed versus armed doesn't rule the day, but I think the general public would be happy to know that the majority of shootings of civilians are in scenarios where the perp was brandishing a weapon and actively engaging police.

Anyway, read and feel free to comment. Again, I only read the upfront portion and I am sure there is a lot of anti police bias. But the numbers, IMO, favor the police.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

It's fondly known around these parts as the "Washington Compost"

Comment

Over 330 murdered in Baltimore this year.

1000 across the entire country seems rather small doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Name Taken View Post

1000 across the entire country seems rather small doesn't it?
        And roughly 459 murders in Chicago this year. Amazing where people's priorities are.
        “Experience is something you get, shortly after you need it!”

Comment

Based on the Post's statistics, police took the life of 1.6 citizens per month, per state. Nationally per year, it comes out to 0.3 deaths per 100,000 population.

That's a heck of a lot less than the number of deaths caused by DUI, murder or drugs.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

The number could be zero. It is a hate the police atmosphere right now and the people doing the hate would just find another reason to justify it. I can't wait for the hating politicians cycle to come around and people start reacting to some of the stupid stuff they are doing to us with the same dedication and vigor.

Comment

Obviously all cops want to kill someone so they can be scrutinized by the media, be subject to criminal and civil charges and possibly lose their jobs...

Comment

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post
                So, I didn't read the entire article, just some of the stats they posted upfront, but I imagine that the Washington Post wasn't out to portray the police in a favorable light. However, I did find it interesting that only 4% of all police shootings involved white police officers and unarmed black men because it kills the Black Lives Matter narrative.

Granted that unarmed versus armed doesn't rule the day, but I think the general public would be happy to know that the majority of shootings of civilians are in scenarios where the perp was brandishing a weapon and actively engaging police.
                Maybe, but the media, who are the arbiters of what the general public get to see and hear, won't have any of that. Facts that do not support the narrative do not make the cut.

Originally posted by Name Taken View Post
                Originally posted by notanexit7 View Post
                And roughly 459 murders in Chicago this year.
                Sure, but only the people killed by police matter, and then only if they're non-white.

Comment

Here are a few specific examples of people that the police killed this year:

We all know about the San Bernadino shooters, but who else?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/17/us/rec...enter-attacks/
                  Military Recruiting Center Shooter was shot dead by police

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...ect-in-custody
                  Police Shot dead this guy who went on a rampage in Colorado Springs

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/04...uc-merced.html
                  California guy stabs 4 people before the police killed him

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/...-of-duty-death
                  Criminal murder a police officer and is killed by police

I think it is very important that we look at the details of these shooting and not just raw numbers. Some people will come out and say that even 1 killing by police is too many, but just looking at the situations above, no one could deny that every one of those shooting was 100% justified.
                  What is Perseverance?
                  -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                  -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                  -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by Rettroop View Post
                    The number could be zero. It is a hate the police atmosphere right now and the people doing the hate would just find another reason to justify it. I can't wait for the hating politicians cycle to come around and people start reacting to some of the stupid stuff they are doing to us with the same dedication and vigor.

Excellent points. I've said it before, I'll do it again. This whole anti LE mood, this virtually overt exhortation to loot, burn, destroy property, lynch the police and discredit them, comes from the White House itself, and the certified POS currently residing there.

This is a guy who entertains a fellow "former" pusher regularly for dinner, get togethers, and no doubt rehashing the old adventures of being street level suppliers. Slap-Dick's would be successor is no better. She has a profound hatred (as does Slap-Dick) for the Military and for law enforcement.

The current situation will not begin to get better until these two certified low life sleazeballs rotate to the rich oblivion they so richly deserve. Hillary can retire to her mansion in New York, and Slap-Dick head for his native Nairobi. Neither will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rettroop View Post
                      I can't wait for the hating politicians cycle to come around and people start reacting to some of the stupid stuff they are doing to us with the same dedication and vigor.
                      What do you think the popularity of Donald Trump is?????
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I'm not buying 965 as the number killed by police with gunfire. We've averaged a bit more than 400 in the past few years, they mean to tell that has more than doubled this year. If looks like sh$t sandwich and tastes like sh$t sandwich...

Comment

Originally posted by ArchwayD View Post
                          I'm not buying 965 as the number killed by police with gunfire. We've averaged a bit more than 400 in the past few years, they mean to tell that has more than doubled this year. If looks like sh$t sandwich and tastes like sh$t sandwich...
                          Now 979. Their tracker lists by name, race, threat level, signs of mental illness, weapon, gender, provides a brief synopsis, and provides where the information came from, etc. I'm not suggesting what you should or shouldn't take away from the article that was initially posted. But I think blindly labeling the numbers a lie is.. lets say short sighted. Also, if you read the opening in the first article provided, it claims they went after a level of data never obtained by the government or anyone else, as they tried to document every fatal police shooting in the nation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ice-shootings/

Comment

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post
                            http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/inv...t-nearly-1000/

Anyway, read and feel free to comment. Again, I only read the upfront portion and I am sure there is a lot of anti police bias. But the numbers, IMO, favor the police.
                            Hello sir. I tried MSGing you but your inbox is full. May you please clear some messages so I may send you a private message?

Thank you. God bless you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7946 users online. 292 members and 7654 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X