Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody using IAPro/Blueteam, Guardian Tracking, or some other similar product?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody using IAPro/Blueteam, Guardian Tracking, or some other similar product?

I'm researching supervisory oriented software like IA Pro's Blue Team and Guardian Tracking. Have any of you used those products or anything similar? I've used blue team before and I did a little research on Guardian Tracking and like what I see.

If you don't know either product either an employee or supervisor makes an entry for certain activities. For example my last place had officers complete a Blue Team use of force page if they used force. When officers were in collisions the supervisor would make an entry and attach a copy of the collision report.

Guardian tracking is a messaging system that allows both good and bad things to be tracked. An agency programs categories and then you can have administrators notified if certain reports are made or some threshold is reached such as a certain number of minor collisions or uses of force.

If anybody uses any other products I'd be interested to hear what you use and if you like it. We are a medium sized PD that is not extremely busy.
    If you see me running try to keep up!

Sounds like a system to go after cops? Sure they pitch it as "allowing us track track good and bad". But in reality, Im sure it's anything but good for the regular cop.

For example: Software that alerts the chain of command if you break 100 mph. Sounds reasonable? No cop should be drving that fast unless they call in a pursuit.

Reality: It might be reasonable, unless you work traffic on a highway. Do the math if I am stationary, and violator passes me at 90 mph. Reasonable scenario.

That's just one example. I get the bosses want this stuff, but it's no good for the cop on patrol, I don't care how you spin it.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Looking to screw over your troops huh.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
        Looking to screw over your troops huh.
        For somebody who's been on the forum as long as you I'd appreciate if you wouldn't jump to conclusions about my character as a cop or a supervisor. In this case I'm just the junior probationary sergeant who got assigned to look into these products for a boss.
        If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

We have Blueteam. We have to use it any time we use reportable force, deploy a rifle, get into an accident, or get into a pursuit. It also has thresholds for "early intervention," which track certain benchmarks to make sure you don't have an officer doing a use of force report twice a week while the average is once or twice a year.

We (street cops) don't love it, but if it's managed properly, it seems like a decent tool. The Use of Force report form on it is pretty user friendly and simple to navigate for me, but some take a whole shift to figure it out.

Comment

Sounds like a system to go after cops? Sure they pitch it as "allowing us track track good and bad". But in reality, Im sure it's anything but good for the regular cop.

For example: Software that alerts the chain of command if you break 100 mph. Sounds reasonable? No cop should be drving that fast unless they call in a pursuit.

Reality: It might be reasonable, unless you work traffic on a highway. Do the math if I am stationary, and violator passes me at 90 mph. Reasonable scenario.

That's just one example. I get the bosses want this stuff, but it's no good for the cop on patrol, I don't care how you spin it.
            That exact circumstance played out where I work. Tickets went down 30% and "they" can't figure out why.

Comment

We have guardian tracker...it's basically used by both our supervisors and our troops as an 'atta boy' system. But, as far as I can see, it's not used very often. My partner put one in for me when I found a wallet in a gas station bathroom and tracked the owner down. A couple of supervisors put comments on it when I was involved in a shots fired incident that turned into an hours long standoff. I've really never used it because I just don't think about it...my opinion, and others, is it was a waste of money.

Sent from my 4G LG G3 using TapaTalk
              I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it

"But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet
              it" - Thucydides

sigpic

Comment

My agency uses IAPro. Only IA uses it. Those not assigned to IA have no access to it. We used to have this stupid thing called Evalis. It was supposed to replace all of the paperwork related to internal investigations and discipline, track use of force and serve as an early identification system, but (shocker) it didn't work. So supervisors had to use Evalis AND still use the old forms. Thankfully it was long gone before I became a supervisor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum
                To err is human, but to persist is diabolical

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2297 users online. 138 members and 2159 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X