300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OKC Cop Convicted of Rape

This guy is a bad apple, and he does not represent all of the good people in law enforcement. This piece of crap should rot in prison.

Unfortunately, the media is doing it's best to turn this into a racial issue.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/oklahoma...he-wrong-lady/

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Daniel Holtzclaw was a college football star, but when his dreams of the NFL didn't work out, he joined the Oklahoma City police. Now, he could spend the rest of his life in prison.

He sexually assaulted a series of women, until one brave victim said "Enough."

Jannie Ligons was the first to come forward after she was sexually assaulted last year.

"All I could think was that he was going to shoot me, he was going to kill me," Ligons said Friday. "He did things to me that I didn't think a police officer would do."

Holtzclaw, 29, sobbed uncontrollably Thursday night as he was convicted on 18 of 36 counts, including first-degree rape and sodomy.

holtzclaw.jpg

Daniel Holtzclaw, center, cries as he stands in front of the judge after the verdicts were read in his trial in Oklahoma City, Thursday, Dec. 10, 2015.
    AP

Prosecutors said Holtzclaw targeted 13 African American women in the poorest parts of Oklahoma City over a six month period. In some cases, he specifically sought out women who had outstanding arrest warrants.

Play Video
    Oklahoma City ex-cop found guilty of rape, battery

All 13 women testified at Holtzclaw's trial. Sharday Hill said she was arrested then taken to a hospital for detox, where Holtzclaw sexually assaulted her.

"I was scared. I felt like I had to do that," Hill told CBS News. "He's in control, he's the police, he has the badge. And, you know, I'm handcuffed to a bed."

Some of the victims described how he tried to buy their silence by offering to drop pending charges. Others said as women of color, they were afraid to speak out against an officer -- but Liggons was not.

"I have no record, I didn't do anything wrong. I was innocent," Ligons said. "He just picked the wrong lady to stop that night."

"When the police is doing the nefarious act, the criminal act, who do you tell?" attorney Benjamin Crump, who represents five of Holtzclaw's victims, told CBS News. "This is a serial rapist with a badge. Who do you report him to?"

Holtzclaw is set to be sentenced next month. His victims want him to receive the maximum punishment: 263 years in prison.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

He is not a cop ...he is a perp and probably a registered Demoncrat.
    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
      This guy is a bad apple, and he does not represent all of the good people in law enforcement. This piece of crap should rot in prison.

Unfortunately, the media is doing it's best to turn this into a racial issue.

He's half Japanese. Finally someone to blame other than White folks!
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Naaahhhh.. They'll blame the WHITE half...
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

The Associated Press was running an article talking about how this guy is the tip of the "Polixe sexual assault" iceberg.

It was rather imflamitory and blown way out of proportion.

I hope this guy enjoys prison. Assh*le.
          semper destravit

Comment

That's some heavy ****.... look at him shaking before the verdicts are read. I'm no expert, but he looks like a guilty man who knows his punishment is coming.

I know sentencing is next month, but do you guys suspect most of his time will be served consecutively?

As far as the media using this rotten apple as ammunition to smear your profession, shame on them. How is that any different from the type of profiling and generalization they constantly whine about? Well, it actually is pretty different. At least the "profiling" allegedly done by LEO is derived from a logical deduction of crime statistics.

This perp was brought to justice by the police. From what I read, there was no attempt at a cover up. His last victim went to the police, where the Sex Crime unit detective on call did a fine job investigating the case and bringing Holtzclaw to justice, where he was finally convicted by an all-white jury.

This is the system working. This is the police looking out for blacks.

If the media had intellectual honesty, this would be an example of LEO praise, and white jurors rightfully delivering justice to black victims.

Comment

Good riddance. Gen pop for life.
              In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick
                Rather, we would like to quietly drag them out behind the shed and disappear them.
                I knew it, I knew it, I knew it.....there is a blue wall of silence. After all these years it is finally exposed.
                September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick
                  And here in lies the difference between us and so many other groups: I wish that I could have caught him in the act, I would have shot him myself.

When one of ours steps out of line, all of us would line up to kick their *** instead of make excuses and blame everyone else. Rather, we would like to quietly drag them out behind the shed and disappear them.
                  Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
                  I knew it, I knew it, I knew it.....there is a blue wall of silence. After all these years it is finally exposed.

One of my co-workers was federally charged with insurance fraud by arson after a house he owned was torched. He had spent about 15 yrs as a deputy sheriff in two agencies & had been a fire fighter for at least that long.

The day the Fire Marshal came to the the office to interview him (when he was on duty) he was placed on paid suspension and the next week he was pressured to resign (he had by then confessed to the arson).

At sentencing the judge ENHANCED his sentence due to his LE and FF experience. He is going to spend the next decade and a half as a guest of the BOP

Two Correctional Officers from my old job just plead guilty to bringing cell phones and drugs into the facility and are looking at 11 or so years as a guest of the BOP.

It's been a bad year in my county
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Anyone else notice the name of the attorney for some of the victims?

Effing attention whore ambulance chaser.
                    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
                      Benjamin Crump? I am sorry, but what makes you think that he is a f'g attention whore ambulance chaser? There is nothing in the article that he did, except that he made a statement. Is there more to this case than what the article discloses?
                      Benjamin Crump is a moron. This guy bounces around trying to be the dead wh0re Johnny Cockring. I can't believe he actually passed some version of the bar exam. I thought you had to have some grasp of the English language to be a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                        One of my co-workers was federally charged with insurance fraud by arson after a house he owned was torched. He had spent about 15 yrs as a deputy sheriff in two agencies & had been a fire fighter for at least that long.

The day the Fire Marshal came to the the office to interview him (when he was on duty) he was placed on paid suspension and the next week he was pressured to resign (he had by then confessed to the arson).

At sentencing the judge ENHANCED his sentence due to his LE and FF experience. He is going to spend the next decade and a half as a guest of the BOP

Two Correctional Officers from my old job just plead guilty to bringing cell phones and drugs into the facility and are looking at 11 or so years as a guest of the BOP.

It's been a bad year in my county
                        and I will bet every honest, hardworking cop, firefighter, or CO is glad to see these perps get what they deserve. It is the BS #blackliesmatter atrocities that anger me. Especially when dirty politicians jump on the bandwagon. They empower savage criminal behavior for personal gain. Politicians have been sodomizing cops for years with impunity. Hypocrites.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
                          and I will bet every honest, hardworking cop, firefighter, or CO is glad to see these perps get what they deserve. .
                          Yep, pretty much
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Yeah, he lost it when he received the first guilty verdict. He was accused of 36 counts and convicted of 18. Several of the witnesses were discredited during the trial. One even came to court under the influence of drugs. The next day the news said he had been put on suicide watch at the county jail. He is supposed to be back in court sometime in January for formal sentencing. IIRC one of his attorneys is named Scott Adams. He handles a lot of high profile cases in the Okc area.

There was a newscast the next day outside the county courthouse. The victims were still marching outside with signs protesting.

Comment

Originally posted by FireCop203 View Post

There was a newscast the next day outside the county courthouse. The victims were still marching outside with signs protesting.
                              Did someone forget to tell them he was found guilty?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4028 users online. 193 members and 3835 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X