Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The police are too militarized"

The shield that French police used to enter the Bataclan:

Violence can only be stopped by greater, swifter forms of violence. When the buck stops, hipster neck tattoos, poetry, and warm feelings won't cut it. If you were asked to make that entry, you'd want all the gear in the world at your disposal. Don't expect the folks who actually have their necks on the line to ask for anything less.

What all the idiots who are complaining about the police having military equipment don't realize is, the police are the first and only front line defense when SHTF...
    Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
    In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
    Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
    Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

Yep. Gonna take an EVENT to make them realize it...
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by bpd303 View Post
        What all the idiots who are complaining about the police having military equipment don't realize is, the police are the first and only front line defense when SHTF...
        Uh .... yeah .... I agree that they are a first line, but not the ONLY in America where we have the most heavily armed civilian populace in the world, by far.

Comment

When you have a "President", a would be successor, a "Secretary of State, a media, and academia all of whom are of the same mindset, the deck is stacked against those who are tasked with defending the nation. BTW, that includes the cops.

Comment

That populace for the most part, are ready or part of it...

Comment

Originally posted by that's my hand View Post
              Uh .... yeah .... I agree that they are a first line, but not the ONLY in America where we have the most heavily armed civilian populace in the world, by far.
              True dat... I was referring to government agencies as the only. I'm sure if we have an event anywhere outside the safe gun free zones the outcome will include civilians and retired police, myself included.
              Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
              In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
              Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
              Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

Most civilians are too stupid to even speak.

Mad respect to the LEO that went in with that shield. To be bluntly honest, I'm not sure I would have had the stones to do that.
                At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherITguy View Post

Mad respect to the LEO that went in with that shield. To be bluntly honest, I'm not sure I would have had the stones to do that.
                  That's what we are EXPECTED to do...daily.
                  Last edited by CCCSD; 11-16-2015, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                    That's what we are EXPECTEDLY to do...daily.
                    Hence, the mad respect. To all of you.
                    At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

To be bluntly honest, I'm not sure I would have had the stones to do that.
                      I'd have the stones.....and those stones would be flying out my butt at a higher velocity than those bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by bpd303 View Post
                        True dat... I was referring to government agencies as the only. I'm sure if we have an event anywhere outside the safe gun free zones the outcome will include civilians and retired police, myself included.

.... and ....... yeah!

Comment

You would have ... w/ training you don't think about it and before you know it you wonder how the hell you got from A to B, and how truly crazy you were to do it.

Comment

Glad the shield was rifle rated. I remember when rifle rated shields were way to heavy to be deployed.

God bless them, they took the fight to evil and won. It won't be too long before Paris like attacks happen on U.S. soil. Watch your six and be prepared whether on or off duty.

Stay safe.

Comment

I think a lot of people forget about the "cool" factor when criticizing this.

If the federal government offered to give me free military hardware, I'd say yes every time - even if I didn't need them.

Would that make me a fascist who wants to destroy freedom? No; it would make me a guy who likes his mantoys.

But more importantly, if God forbid the police here ever face a threat similar to what we saw in Paris, everyone except for the terrorists will be glad they have em.

Even the hipsters.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3266 users online. 164 members and 3102 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X