Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loud Mouth Lime, Goofy Grape, Choo Choo Chery, etc..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud Mouth Lime, Goofy Grape, Choo Choo Chery, etc..

Lefty Lemon, Rootin-Tootin Raspberry

who remembers these kool-aid type drinks from the 60's?? i remember the flavors but can't remember the brand name of the product. i also cannot remember what the orange flavor drink was called.

cmon..some of your old farts like me gotta remember this!!
    I'll post, You argue.

Oh, man, does this make an "old fart" ?

They were called Funny Face. Damn, isn't it amazing the small things our memories hold on to?

OK, how 'bout "Circus" bubblegum. They were regular sticks, but were strawberry, chocolate and vanilla flavored.

[ 06-21-2002: Message edited by: FLLawdog ]

Comment

I just want to know where all the root beer Popsicles went!!
      " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

FLLawdog -- thanks a lot. that's been buggin' me for the longest time.

do you remember "fizzies" and "king stir"??

how bout "chipnics" potato chips? they were made by borden and were in a box instead of a bag. those were my fave chips of all time.

as far as popsicle. my favorite ones were what i called "the pink ones"....not reallys sure what flavor it was supposed to be, but it kinda tasted like an apple flavor. second fave were the blue raspberry ones. yummy!!!

funny how we can't remember what the hell we did yesterday but can remember stuff from 40 years ago!! a couple of my friends always joke that i forget stuff to do now, but i can tell them what was on ABC on wednesday's at 8 pm in 1959.
        I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Originally posted by nickg:
          i forget stuff to do now, but i can tell them what was on ABC on wednesday's at 8 pm in 1959.
          That's when you were reminded to eat you Maypo and brush your teeth with Pepsodent.
          " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

I remember Funny Face, and fizzies.... god who knows what was in those things...

how about Shake-A-Puddin'?? the popsicles we always ate were Creamsicles and Fudgsicles. we had them in school, too. and some kind of Eclair popsicles.
            "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

and "see the USA in your Chevrolet"
              I'll post, You argue.

Comment

mmmmmmm......cherry creamsicles!!!!

they still make them but they just don't taste the same. it seems like it is like that with a lot of stuff. over the years they took out all of the "bad" stuff in some of these products to make them more healthy and they took out the flavor with them!!

gimme the old nice and greasy and salty Wise potato chips compared to the ones today. look at mcdonald's fries...since they changed their oil years ago to a more healthy choice, those fries just don't taste the same.

and i still think Coke tasted best in the old small 7 oz. bottles!!
                I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Banana popsicles!
                  #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                  Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                  RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                  Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                  "Smile" - no!

Comment

Full sized Fudge sicles.

I can only find the little ones. The few full sized ones i found were diet, what hapend to the normal full sized Fudge sicles?
                    Come visit the Royal Dragon Kung Fu Discusion forums at www.dreamwater.net/biz/royaldragon/index.html

Comment

wax shaped in litle pop bottle with juice in them and you could chew the was to get to the juice.....Straws with chocolate IN them so all you had to do was sip up milk...and my all time favorite.....Bright red lips, sweet when you chewed them! I wonder if they still make those?

Comment

Pixie Sticks!!
                        Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

How about your hand enduring the freezing cold water of the Coca-Cola machine, working that bottle of soda through the maze type rows, then you get to "trap door" mechanism, you attempt to pull the bottle of soda out because you want to quickly quench that thirst BUT, your hand is so cold and wet the bottle slips, "CLICK" the trap door locks again and you lose your ten cents. Aaaaaaggghhhh, stupid machine!! ...<seaching pockets> I don't have another dime either!!..

Comment

Originally posted by 207:
                            How about your hand enduring the freezing cold water of the Coca-Cola machine, working that bottle of soda through the maze type rows, then you get to "trap door" mechanism, you attempt to pull the bottle of soda out because you want to quickly quench that thirst BUT, your hand is so cold and wet the bottle slips, "CLICK" the trap door locks again and you lose your ten cents. Aaaaaaggghhhh, stupid machine!! ...<seaching pockets> I don't have another dime either!!..
                            Don't forget the $.02 deposit on the bottle if you want to take it with you

Ahhh, the memories....
                            Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

207, I remember the frozen hands from the coke machines! I eventually learned a lesson though, the trick was to work the bottle to the latch before you dropped your dime in!
                              I'm still ticked at the Maypo folks. I ate several boxes of the stuff (which I didn't like) in order to get the boxtops to send off for a Leggo set. I never got my darned Leggos Money was tight for me as a kid, usual treat was an RC and a Moon Pie.

[ 06-22-2002: Message edited by: Bill R ]
                              Bill R

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3841 users online. 307 members and 3534 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X