X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy Escapes from jail, then eaten by a Crocodile

Suspect Escapes Jail, Is Eaten by Crocodile
    Fri Jun 21,10:32 AM ET

PANAMA CITY (Reuters) - A 28-year-old Panamanian accused of killing a judge was eaten by a crocodile as he swam across a river after escaping from prison, police said on Thursday.

Oswaldo Martinez, accused of murdering judge Harmodio Mariscal on June 5 during a failed robbery in Panama City, was captured last week by police after fleeing to neighboring Costa Rica.

After being held in custody in Costa Rica, Martinez broke out of jail at the weekend and was aiming to reenter Panama through the dense jungle that divides the two Central American countries.

Martinez was eaten alive by the crocodile on Monday as he tried to swim across the River Terraba in southern Costa Rica, according to eyewitness reports confirmed by police on Thursday.

I guess that's what they call karma

Comment

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa!
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

*writing a proposal to have a 'gator filled moat installed around our jail*

Comment

I wonder if the crocidile asked if there was any cream filling
          "Me fail english? That's unpossible" Ralph Wiggum

Comment

did the gator think to himself "hmmm, taste like chicken."

I'll post, You argue.

Comment

ROTFLMAO!!! That croc had the right idea. It probably knew exactly what it was doing...
              If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

Comment

LOL.. I guess Martinez won't do THAT again!
                " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Well you know, it's not often they get to eat Mexican, or Spanish food! Hell, all they get is seafood. What a boring diet. That guy was a treat!

Comment

Just two words...

Ha Ha!
                    If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

I live near alligators and I am scared to death of them. I hear them making their grumping sounds at night. Fortunately, these have not been fed by retirees from up north so they are still afraid of people.
                      But I can always tell a Northerner. They are the ones that have picnics on off the road ponds and lakes and let their kids splash around. I have been know to stop my car and talk to them and tell them what's in there.
                      If an alligator has been fed, it loses it's fear of humans and if you give it no food, you ARE food.
                      I've heard of people running to their cars because a fed alligator invited itself to the picnic. And when these gators are caught, they have to be harvested because they are a danger to people.
                      Crocodiles are even MORE dangerous becasue they are very aggresive.

Comment

Sucks to be him!
                        The sad, and cynical, thing is that in the US the family would sue the prison for not preventing the escape, fish and game for not controlling the croc population and the local government for not posting warning signs. The ACLU (and the lovely folks at Amnesty International) would represent them saying that this was cruel and unusual punishment.
                        "A man's got to know his limitations" --Inspector Harry Callahan in Magnum Force

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi:
                          I live near alligators and I am scared to death of them. I hear them making their grumping sounds at night.
                          Are you sure the sounds you are hearing at night are alligators and not your H??
                          " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

If an alligator has been fed, it loses it's fear of humans and if you give it no food, you ARE food.
                            My mama says dat allygators is ornery because day got all dem teef and no toofbrush.

Comment

Nah...it's day medula oblongata!
                              Bill R

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3005 users online. 194 members and 2811 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X