Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart warming story

http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...rth-charleston

A man who was shot this morning while he was trying to rob a Waffle House in North Charleston has died from his injuries, authorities said.
    The robber was shot by a customer, who thwarted the early-morning robbery attempt, police said.
    “He saved us, that’s what he did,” a Waffle House employee told The Post and Courier.

Shortly after 5 a.m., North Charleston police responded to reports of an armed robbery and shots fired at the Waffle House at 6907 Dorchester Road. When officers arrived, they found the suspect had been shot by a customer who had intervened.
    The suspect was rushed to Medical University Hospital, where he later died, police spokeswoman Angela Johnson said. Ongoing efforts by the Charleston County Coroner’s Office and the North Charleston Police Department to identify the suspect have been unsuccessful, Johnson said.

He is described as a young male with dark hair, about 5 feet 9 inches tall and 150 pounds. Johnson said the man’s race, though known to investigators, was being withheld.

“At this time, we are unsure how others would identify the suspect,” Johnson said. “We don’t want to provide information that may discourage potential tips.

Anyone who may be able to provide information about his identity is asked to call the Coroner’s Office at 843-746-4030.
    According to Johnson, the customer who shot the suspect had a permit to carry a concealed weapon. She said police are not pressing charges against him at this time.

“It’s says something about firearms,” said a uniformed officer at the scene, “for good people with firearms being in the right hands.” The officer said he was not authorized to speak for the department.

Waffle House employees spent Saturday morning sweeping shards of broken glass in the doorway, preparing for a noontime re-opening. Division manager Brandon Rogers said nothing was stolen from the restaurant. This also was the first incident he could recall at the Dorchester Road

Waffle House since it opened a year ago.
    “No one was hurt, which is the best part,” Rogers said. “No one was injured – besides the suspect.”

Shucks...................

Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Did the good guy at least get to sit back down and finish his waffles? I hope so. I hate getting interrupted when I'm eating.
      At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherITguy View Post
        Did the good guy at least get to sit back down and finish his waffles? I hope so. I hate getting interrupted when I'm eating.

My guess is the guy will never again pay for a meal at Waffle House
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

I'm totally shocked that a violent crime was attempted at Aweful House...

Not.
          This Space For Rent

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
            I wonder how soon the mother or a grandmother of the suspect is going to come forth telling us that he was a good child who was turning his life around.

... and blame the customer for getting involved in a robbery that did not concern her.
            Now you're catching on.
            At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
              http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...rth-charleston

He is described as a young male with dark hair, about 5 feet 9 inches tall and 150 pounds. Johnson said the man’s race, though known to investigators, was being withheld.

“At this time, we are unsure how others would identify the suspect,” Johnson said. “We don’t want to provide information that may discourage potential tips.

Anyone who may be able to provide information about his identity is asked to call the Coroner’s Office at 843-746-4030.
              ”
              One of the dumbest things I've read in a while. "If anybody knows a male with dark hair, call us." I guess this Dept. doesn't want to "offend" a certain race of people, armed robbers, or dead males. You pick which.

In Chicago, the media and the CPD don't give out the race of an offender, unless it's a white subject. So when it's not given, you just go to the default race identity.
              Last edited by ChiTownDet; 10-11-2015, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Yeah, when the race is known but withheld at this time it speaks volumes. Guess they didn't want a waffle riot on their hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
                  I wonder how soon the mother or a grandmother of the suspect is going to come forth telling us that he was a good child who was turning his life around.

... and blame the customer for getting involved in a robbery that did not concern her.
                  Actually the customer who ended this POS was a him not a her. Granted it would have been better if "she" had ended it.
                  Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
                  In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
                  Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
                  Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

I guess I was doing it wrong all these years. I was under the false impression that giving out DETAILED information about apprehended criminals to the public would bring forth previously unknown details about past crimes both reported and unreported. Providing vague information discourages tips. So when I put the above statement by Mr. Johnson into google translate I got " We don't want a riot".
                    Last edited by BNWS; 10-11-2015, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                      In Chicago, the media and the CPD don't give out the race of an offender, unless it's a white subject. So when it's not given, you just go to the default race identity.
                      I don't think Seattle PD does this, but several of the tv stations do that. Annoying as hell.
                      This Space For Rent

Comment

Ironically, a story about a murderer cutting out his victim's heart and cooking it would also be a heart-warming story...
                        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
                          Ironically, a story about a murderer cutting out his victim's heart and cooking it would also be a heart-warming story...
                          I think that was called Silence of the Lambs

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                            I think that was called Silence of the Lambs
                            Actually, I think that more resembles the sequel, Hanibal.
                            This Space For Rent

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                              My guess is the guy will never again pay for a meal at Waffle House
                              Neither will the POS, and I'm just fine with that, too.
                              "Every day should include a perfectly grilled thick steak, freshly roasted coffee and seats on the 50-yardline.

Oh, and bacon. It should start with bacon."
                              ------- Me

~~~~

Agent and manager of the world's only authentic lucky football kitty. Don't believe me?
                              Just look at the Seattle Seahawks 1976-2010, compared to 2011-present. (and yes, I've been a fan that long)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5852 users online. 407 members and 5445 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X