300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice Served

While in the magistrates office today another officer brought in a suspect which was charged with attempted B&E.

Unfortunately for the suspect the residents of the house returned catching the suspect in the act. They "detained" him with, shall we say appropriate force. Remember the movie Rocky thats what his face looked like.
    Now he's got charges to face too!!!!

Aint justice grand

I remember watching a show one time that amazed me. This family kept mising money and felt they knew who was taking it. They set up a VCR to catch him and sure enough, the did. One guy took a baseball bat to him. He was charged with theft but the homeowner was charged with assault for hitting him with the baseball bat.
    I guess this happened because it was caught on tape?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi:
      One guy took a baseball bat to him. He was charged with theft but the homeowner was charged with assault for hitting him with the baseball bat.
      I guess this happened because it was caught on tape?
      Location is EVERYTHING it amazes me how much both juries and prosecutors differ from one place to another.
      Bill R

Comment

They set up a VCR to catch him and sure enough, the did. One guy took a baseball bat to him. He was charged with theft but the homeowner was charged with assault for hitting him with the baseball bat.
        Yeah. Because if no one was being physically harmed while this guy (who they all knew) was taking money, then being attacked with a baseball bat is certainly more force then required.

If I cut someone off on the highway, I'm certainly in the wrong. But it doesn't mean some ******* can beat the **** out of me with a baseball bat.

Force isn't always called for. There was no need to exercise it, that I can see. The criminal (thief) in this case was not physically endangering anyone, so an assault is that -- an assault.

Sounds like the second guy got what he deserved.

[ 06-21-2002: Message edited by: Crazy in a Jeep ]

Comment

If someone cuts off another in traffic, that's just rude.

But if someone has broken in my home, he will get a bat or whatever else comes to my hand. No question about it. No splitting hairs.

He's a criminal, and he accepts that chance.

Jim Burnes

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2646 users online. 125 members and 2521 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X