300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can of worms.....

This was in BAD taste. My apologies. I haven't had the best of days.....

[ 01-09-2003, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Ah, but mi tirador...
    It's twice as sweet when you turn it around on them and clear one of their cases! (Boy, does THAT **** them off!)
    I agree with you, tho', it sucks and it happens a lot!

Comment

Shooter,

quote:
      Originally posted by shooter1201:
      *stepping up on a soapbox*

As patrol officers, we write up a LOT of incident reports, issue traffic/ordinance citations.....and make a good deal of arrests. The various detective divisions DEPEND upon patrol officers for MOST of the initial info that they eventually use to make THEIR cases/arrests.

There's nothing like picking up a newspaper and reading about arrests made by the detective division, KNOWING that the reason for the arrests was due in LARGE part to info gleaned by PATROL officers, yet NOWHERE in the article are these patrol officer's efforts acknowledged.

Granted, detectives do a good deal of 'behind the scenes' work, but as most patrol officers know for a FACT, MOST of the individuals arrested are the result of initial work done by patrol officers.

It's enough to make one hesitant about 'sharing info' again....

*stepping down from soapbox*

Perhaps the fault if there is one, lies with the news media and not the detectives. Frequently in Los Angeles County, cases involving the Sheriff are referred to as "The Police", not Sheriff. Tis despite the fact they were told it is a Sheriff's case.
      Retired

Comment

[ 01-09-2003, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
        -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Ohhhh, Shooter, I know you just didn't go THERE!

As one of the resident Investigators around here, let me enlighten you on some the ways patrol has "helped" us.

Our CID units handle, with very few exceptions, felony cases only. Inevitably, the responding Deputy will tell the RP that an investigator will contact them or if they have any questions they can contact the investigator or their case will be assigned to an investigator. Meanwhile, when that person calls, we have to push aside our commercial burglaries where a bunch of equipment was taken, the burglary ring that hit multiple houses, the rape, the suicide and the child abuse cases just so we can tell them that their case involving a neighborhood cretin spray painting their driveway isn't assigned to CID.

Then there are the AFIS hits on Deputies that were on scene that swore they didn't touch anything.

I got called to a suicide one night. The shift that was on had a new guy and two training units on. Before I got there, both FTO's took their trainees in to see the body (4 people in the crime scene), the responding Deputy and his backup went in (6 people in the crime scene), the Sgt. went into the crime scene (7 people) and the new guy went in because he had never seen a suicide. That's 8 people, PLUS the RP BEFORE myself, the major case Investigator and the Crime Scene Tech got on scene.

I never knew, before I got into CID just how bad report writing can get. I could fill up the entire bandwidth of this board wih examples of that!

But, in the spirit of fair play, I must take my own shots at other Investigators. My biggest pet peeve is sharing of information. I can't stand when I pass on info and I get looked at like I have a third eye. No acknowledgement or anything. Next thing you know, that same investigator is sending out a request for info asking for what I have already given him!

Comment

quote:
            detective divisions DEPEND upon patrol officers
            Detective Division.... what a great concept, I wish we had one of those.
            We have to do everything from start to finish ourselves, Investigations, photos, bagging & tagging, prints, follow-ups, supplements, bookings, all of it. If you pulled the case number it's yours. LOL.
            " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4511 users online. 311 members and 4200 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X