Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grrrrrrr! Must.. control..fist... of.. death!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrrrrrr! Must.. control..fist... of.. death!

I registered online for my summer course two months ago. It clearly stated it was a Thursday night class. I pay for it, get my confirmation, everything is fine I think.

I show up tonight for my class.... the room is dark and locked. No one to be found. Every staff member at my college has left for the evening. I finally find the Media Resources room and a student is working there. I explain the problem.

He looks it up in the summer course book... the class is listed as a Wednesday night class. What??!! So, I go to the comp lab and look up my online schedule. It states it is a Tuesday night class!

I finally confirm that it is indeed a Tuesday night class. On my way out, I pick up another summer course book and look up my class. This book lists it as a Monday night class.

Gah.. so I have missed the first class. I'm going to call the professor tomorrow and beg and plead for his mercy.

And to top it all off.. the class is being taught on MACS! I only use and know a PC! Grrrrrr!
    No partner is worth your tears -
    the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Looks like they really have their act together there! I don't see why you should have to beg the professor for mercy. The school is the one who should be doing the begging.
    6P1 (retired)

Comment

just buy a degree

Try this

Comment

tehe..

I called the professor today and he was totally cool about it. The class will be simple for me anyway.
        No partner is worth your tears -
        the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

Originally posted by occiferdave:
          just buy a degree
          Why in the world would you bother to do that? You can make one on your PC that says whatever you want it to.
          6P1 (retired)

Comment

Know how you feel. My first year of college I signed up for an English Lit I class & promptly went to the first class in the assigned room. It was standing room only. The professor said that this was English Lit II & you MUST have taken Lit I to be there. Half the class got up & walked out into the hallway. We checked our papers & the numbers on the door, then marched down to the office. It was a typo that scheduled two separate classes to the same time & same room. It was quickly straightened out. But it sure did make for some confused & upset people.

Comment

It's so different when I was in college. I remember the long lines, hoping they would hurry so you could get into the other line of the class you HAVE to have beore it fills up. Now, some colleges will only let you register online.
              I miss college. I would have been the world's best professional college student I just loved college. But, making a living kept calling to me.
              I have a son whose son was always so smart in school. I noticed that they put a lot of importance on it and were constantly bragging about his grades and degree. Result? He's 30 years old, has never held down a job, is getting his 4th degree and actually met a woman and married her because she doesn't mind being the breadwinner.
              I went to see these friends a few weeks ago and their whole house is covered with copies of degrees and awards. My friend tells me to sit down, I'm going to be shocked. So, I sit down and she says, "Mitzi, Tony is going to.....FSU!" I didn't know what to say. He's already been to every college in the US cept Yale and Harvard so I guess this was one he missed! lol
              I just congratulated her and watched my husband try not to smirk.

Comment

MCAS? Which one?

The biggest problem that I had wiht my summer classes this year was the last minute room changes. At least they were on the ball and had all the changes posted right inside the fromt door so that rocks like me wouldn't screw it up.
                On the wings of a dove
                Let's roll for justice
                Let's roll for truth
                Let's not let our children grow up
                Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6568 users online. 368 members and 6200 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X