X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another nomination for 'Worst Security Guard' out of Atlanta

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-l...ice-bui/nnryp/

Security guard killed at Buckhead office building; another in custody

Tenants have been allowed back into a Buckhead office tower after a security guard allegedly shot and killed another security guard in the lobby of the building early Thursday.

The shooting happened about 5 a.m. in the Tower Place complex in the 3300 block of Peachtree Road near Piedmont Road.

Police cordoned off the entrance to the building, which houses numerous businesses, including the Buckhead Center of Georgia State University’s J. Mack Robinson College of Business and several realty offices.

The crime scene tape was taken down and the building reopened to tenants about 9:30 a.m.

“We have two security guards who were working here at this location,” Atlanta police Lt. Charles Hampton told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “We’re not sure what the motive was. We’re being told there may have been some type of verbal argument that escalated to the gunfire.”

Hampton said one of the security guards appeared to have been shot multiple times, and died at the scene.

The second guard was in custody, but had not yet been charged, Hampton said.

“We’re not sure if this is going to be self-defense,” he said. “We won’t know more until we take the other security guard down to headquarters.”

Police recovered a handgun from the scene, Hampton said.

“We’re cooperating very fully with the investigation,” said John Barton, a spokesman for building manager Parkway Properties.

Barton said the building, which was formerly known as Tower Place 200 and is now called “3348 Peachtree,” is “back open for business.”

Mackenzie Crabtree, who has worked in an office in the building for two years, said she didn’t know the security guards involved very well.

“You see them in passing, you say hey to everybody every day,” she said. “They help you if you have packages and stuff like that.”

She said she had not heard about the shooting before she got to work Thursday morning.

“This is so unbelievable to me,” Crabtree said. “I feel really, really bad about this. It’s really freaking me out.”

Probably argued over the last cheesy poof or tv station...
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Wow. How long until the security guard posts in the ask a cop section?

Comment

Originally posted by tj05 View Post
        Well, in all fairness, that guy does have some experience in surviving gunfights. Lol.

(Totally sarcasm, please don't hate me for it.)
        At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

probably another Glock vs. S & W argument.

Maybe the victim found out about the shooter's past with peanut butter and threw in a quick jab at him before shift...."hey, better clock in..we need to get to our posts in a jiffy..."

Comment

Man, that peanut butter thing, lol. It predated me, and will probably outlast me, too.
            At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

Sounds like Take out Dinner moved south
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Years ago we had an on duty security guard shoot a co worker. The really strange part was that the department of probation had hired these armed security guards for their offices. Why you may ask? The dept of probation prohibited their officers from carrying guns at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
                  Years ago we had an on duty security guard shoot a co worker. The really strange part was that the department of probation had hired these armed security guards for their offices. Why you may ask? The dept of probation prohibited their officers from carrying guns at the time.

Sounds like Obama, Di Blasio, or Clinton logic. Ya just can't make that crap up.

Comment

Originally posted by MCAPO View Post

Maybe the victim found out about the shooter's past with peanut butter and threw in a quick jab at him before shift...."hey, better clock in..we need to get to our posts in a jiffy..."

That's just a little bit sick, but damned if I don't love it. Sounds like a case for Monty, or Happy Meal.

Comment

Originally posted by MCAPO View Post
                      If that's the case, we need to know who was carrying what.

Comment

They need real trained Security Officers in places....
                        Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                        Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                          Probably argued over the last cheesy poof or tv station...
                          I thought cheesy poofs were the unfortunate result of downing Cheetos and Doritos by the Costco-size bags?
                          "Every day should include a perfectly grilled thick steak, freshly roasted coffee and seats on the 50-yardline.

Oh, and bacon. It should start with bacon."
                          ------- Me

~~~~

Agent and manager of the world's only authentic lucky football kitty. Don't believe me?
                          Just look at the Seattle Seahawks 1976-2010, compared to 2011-present. (and yes, I've been a fan that long)

Comment

Originally posted by tj05 View Post
                            I think he's over there now, angrily correcting the veterans and repeatedly telling them he only wants to hear how impressive is his background, not the negative stuff or how mediocre his claimed achievements.
                            "Every day should include a perfectly grilled thick steak, freshly roasted coffee and seats on the 50-yardline.

Oh, and bacon. It should start with bacon."
                            ------- Me

~~~~

Agent and manager of the world's only authentic lucky football kitty. Don't believe me?
                            Just look at the Seattle Seahawks 1976-2010, compared to 2011-present. (and yes, I've been a fan that long)

Comment

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5842 users online. 396 members and 5446 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X