300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'll just go home now...

Hundreds of thousands of honeybees were suddenly set loose on an Oklahoma interstate Tuesday after a truck hauling the insects overturned.

The accident on southbound Interstate 35 in Garvin County, south of Oklahoma City, was first reported to authorities at around 1 p.m. local time. KOKH-TV reported that dozens of crates containing thousands of bees were scattered along the nearby exit ramp.

An image released by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol showed a Garvin County sheriff's department vehicle coated by bees. Remarkably, Sheriff Larry Rhodes told the Daily Oklahoman that the deputy driving the vehicle, Carl Zink, suffered only one bee sting in the incident.
    Source and full article that includes video from inside the cruiser: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/30...ntcmp=trending

Did anybody else have an instant flashback to that scene in The Swarm where the people trapped in the bee covered car flipped on the windshield wipers?

Also, very glad Deputy Zink came away with only one sting, and that he isn't allergic.

~~~~
    (Yes, Monty, he probably would have an epi pen within reach, but in such a high intensity situation with so much going on, it's possible to not notice one under the clothes.
    Yes, Monty, one with a known allergy should check, but see, being a real LEO and a man of character, he would be thinking of others and not focused only on himself.

No, Monty, we don't want any of your random blather about bees, stings or southbound I-35, so now you can just focus on the actual topic.)
    ~~~~~

FFS, please tell us that's enough all about you, for now, at least?

Any of Deputy Zink's department brothers and sisters out there, does he have any good new nicknames yet?
    Last edited by foodnerd; 09-30-2015, 01:56 PM.
    "Every day should include a perfectly grilled thick steak, freshly roasted coffee and seats on the 50-yardline.

Oh, and bacon. It should start with bacon."
    ------- Me

~~~~

Agent and manager of the world's only authentic lucky football kitty. Don't believe me?
    Just look at the Seattle Seahawks 1976-2010, compared to 2011-present. (and yes, I've been a fan that long)

Comment

I'd be two miles up wind moving traffic over or stopping traffic...............
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Is this what's known as a sting operation?
        This Space For Rent

Comment

Just tell them to buzz off!

Comment

Those SUV patrol units are sweet, or he had a box of doughnuts on the front seat.
            Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
            In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
            Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
            Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

Totally a sting operation. Good thing that nobody broke out in hives.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

I don't want to bee repetitive, but I'm sure Deputy Zink's honey was glad he got away safely.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
                  Is this what's known as a sting operation?
                  Just bee glad they didn't bumble it.
                  "Every day should include a perfectly grilled thick steak, freshly roasted coffee and seats on the 50-yardline.

------- Me

~~~~

Agent and manager of the world's only authentic lucky football kitty. Don't believe me?
                  Just look at the Seattle Seahawks 1976-2010, compared to 2011-present. (and yes, I've been a fan that long)

Comment

Originally posted by bpd303 View Post
                    Those SUV patrol units are sweet, or he had empty doughnut boxes on the front seat.
                    Minor typo, fixed it for ya.

And leave it to the cynical LEO, the last element in the car that you'd think of as sweet enough to attract such a mob is the deputy himself?

------- Me

~~~~

Comment

(((Shudder))) I can't stand bee's or wasps. I tore my left acl running from a bunch of angry bee's on wet grass. (((Shudder))).
                      "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                        I'd be two miles up wind moving traffic over or stopping traffic...............
                        Just remember when you stop me for double the limit racing away from the bee mob that I was in the furthermost lane from your position for officer safety.

And there is a selection of ice cold sodas in back if you're ready for your much deserved break. (factory sealed and with a handful of alcohol swabs for officer safety AND reassurance...)

------- Me

~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by NOLA2005 View Post
                          (((Shudder))) I can't stand bee's or wasps. I tore my left acl running from a bunch of angry bee's on wet grass. (((Shudder))).
                          Ouch, sorry you had to go through that! I don't mind one or even a few as long as we're not driving down the freeway with a pizzed off confused one in the car divebombing a nervous driver. But this photo here is bone chilling.

Too many little holes they could get into the passenger compartment, that I wouldn't have a clue where all to keep watch.

------- Me

~~~~

Comment

With all those bees buzzing about...I'd be a total girl and scream.
                            Would that do me any good?
                            Well, no.
                            But I'd scream anyway.
                            Originally posted by JasperST
                            "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
                            It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

Being allergic to beeds, I couldn't even watch the story on the news. I'm shocked (literally) that the deputy only got stung once.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3473 users online. 233 members and 3240 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X