X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'One bad moment' - extreme enablement

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-l...ult-by-/nnpzt/

Gwinnett parents call alleged assault by sons ‘one bad moment’

The Gwinnett County couple who police say were brutally assaulted by their two sons earlier this month went on national TV Monday to deliver a message of faith and forgiveness.

Prosecutors and police claim that before the Sept. 5 attack, Christopher, 22, and Cameron Ervin, 17, cut a gas line at the family’s home, drugged their parents with Xanax, placed a candle in their fireplace and waited outside for two hours for an explosion.

When that didn’t happen, prosecutors said the two went back inside the home, beat their mother, Yvonne Ervin, with a rifle, and repeatedly stabbed their father, Zachary Ervin.

The brothers, graduates of Shiloh High School, were arrested and charged with aggravated assault and arson.

According to an arrest warrant, one told investigators he had been planning the assault for years.

Monday, their parents were interviewed by Robin Roberts on Good Morning America.

Yvonne Ervin said she is “doing a lot better, both physically and mentally.

“God has really been good to me and helped my wounds to heal fast. I still have a couple of little scars here and there but for the most part, they’re healing really well.”

Zachery told Roberts he is also “feeling fine. God has truly worked a miracle.”

He said he didn’t know why he and his wife were attacked by their sons, repeatedly calling it “one bad moment.

“God will reveal in time, to us and to the world, get all the questions answered,” he said. “But for now, we just need to focus on healing.”

He said he has been in touch with his sons, who remain in the Gwinnett County Jail.

“We communicated to our sons that we love them unconditionally,” Zachary Ervin said. “We told them that we forgive them.”

Yvonne Ervin said the attacks were “totally out of character” for her sons.

“They’re not violent,” she said. “They’ve never gotten in any type of trouble. As teenagers, they have issues with cleaning their room and have an attitude sometimes when you tell them to do something — just like every family experiences. But nothing that would indicate anything like this.”

Asked what the consequences for their sons’ alleged actions should be, Zachary Ervin said: “That’s up to God to determine that. I just pray for mercy.”

“People don’t know our sons, so it may be easy for them to say, ‘Well, I can’t forgive,’” Yvonne Ervin said. “But I ask people to just take it personally. What if it was your child? What if it was your son? What if it was your relative? Your friend?”

Wow.......
    REINSTATE THE TRIG
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    Your logic defies logic
    Originally posted by Rudy8116
    Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
    Originally posted by Michigan
    Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
    Originally posted by TheTick
    A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
    Originally posted by TheTick
    This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
    Originally posted by 02paul09
    Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Yvonne, you need to follow your own advice and take this very freaking personally, because if you both don't wake the hell up fast, you're never going to wake up again.

I'm not sure which is more blatantly clueless enablement, calling what took hours just to enact, much less plan and shop, one bad moment, or referring to the 22 year old man as a teenager.
      Last edited by foodnerd; 09-28-2015, 01:00 PM.
      "Every day should include a perfectly grilled thick steak, freshly roasted coffee and seats on the 50-yardline.

Oh, and bacon. It should start with bacon."
      ------- Me

~~~~

Agent and manager of the world's only authentic lucky football kitty. Don't believe me?
      Just look at the Seattle Seahawks 1976-2010, compared to 2011-present. (and yes, I've been a fan that long)

Comment

Originally posted by BiteThePullet View Post
        Wow.......
        I can see you sitting there, hesitating to hit post, but words just won't capture wtf you just read.
        (exactly like I'm still doing.)
        "Every day should include a perfectly grilled thick steak, freshly roasted coffee and seats on the 50-yardline.

Oh, and bacon. It should start with bacon."
        ------- Me

~~~~

Agent and manager of the world's only authentic lucky football kitty. Don't believe me?
        Just look at the Seattle Seahawks 1976-2010, compared to 2011-present. (and yes, I've been a fan that long)

Comment

Meh. They deserve anything coming to them. Failure to heed = Darwin Award.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Mr. & Mrs. Ervin? Say hello to Mr. & Mrs. Menendez....
            This Space For Rent

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
              Mr. & Mrs. Ervin? Say hello to Mr. & Mrs. Menendez....
              Watched a show where homicide detectives trying to find their jaw after hitting the floor when one of the pyscho brothers asked to go inside the home in which it was still an active crime scene with the dead parents bodies still in the living room....said eric menendez, " I need to retrieve my tennis bag"....

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                Meh. They deserve anything coming to them. Failure to heed = Darwin Award.
                Bingo.

Comment

I don't know Georgia law but aggravated assault and arson wouldn't come to mind, however, Criminal Attempted Capital Murder does. These guys need life in prison with hard labor.

Comment

Maybe some form of Stockholm syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
                      Or some form of "my boy is a good boy and would never do anything to hurt anyone".
                      Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
                      In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
                      Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
                      Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by bpd303 View Post
                        Or some form of "my boy is a good boy and would never do anything to hurt anyone".
                        Yup. This is just the white version of what we see with just about every police shooting of a black--total denial of the wrongdoing.

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
                          Amnesia brought on by blows to the head? That Egyptian river has started running through Gwinnett County? I caught the start of that on TV but had to leave for work, but it's just past my understanding. Or willingness to try to understand.
                          Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
                            Yup. This is just the white version of what we see with just about every police shooting of a black--total denial of the wrongdoing.
                            cool clock Ahmed!

Comment

Originally posted by mcapo View Post
                              cool clock ahmed!
                              boom!
                              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4773 users online. 350 members and 4423 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X