300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highway Bloodly Madness.

I am posting this here because it has to do with LE. Had to take trip to O Hare airport yesterday and talk about highway madness. Speed on HYW 90 is 55 but to others it was more like 70 plus. More than once we very close to being hit by D,heads passing you with three feet between us them no bull than there the D heads like to race and weave in and out of lanes with not a care in the world for anyone let alone themselves. . never seen anything thing like before.

The part the shock me the most was I never saw a Sate police or sheriff at all. All this took place both ways.

Can someone please tell me who does patrol the highways.???? It's just that I am use to seeing a hwy patrol car park somewhere along the HYW.
    There are certain crimes that are simply too cruel, too sadistic, too hideous to be forgiven.”
    ― John E. Douglas, Journey Into Darkness.

6 Things you don't mess with.
    MY FAITH

MY FAMILY

MY FLAG

MY COUNTRY

MY HONOR AND THE THIN BLUE LINE

I was thinking of the wrong Steve.
    Last edited by Cannady; 09-21-2015, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Cannady, fyi, this is a dfferent Steve, with similar screen name as our obtuse, yet mostly well-intentioned patent attorney.

A retired sergeant according to his profile, so he might be asking more for info on how that area is currently patrolled, rather than general civilian level insight on police practices.
      "Every day should include a perfectly grilled thick steak, freshly roasted coffee and seats on the 50-yardline.

Oh, and bacon. It should start with bacon."
      ------- Me

~~~~

Agent and manager of the world's only authentic lucky football kitty. Don't believe me?
      Just look at the Seattle Seahawks 1976-2010, compared to 2011-present. (and yes, I've been a fan that long)

Comment

Originally posted by steve354 View Post
        Speed on HYW 90 is 55 but to others it was more like 70 plus.
        P'shaw! That's nothing!

Sincerely,
        I-5 by the Dolly Parton Monument in Socal
        This Space For Rent

Comment

Originally posted by foodnerd View Post
          Cannady, fyi, this is a dfferent Steve, with similar screen name as our obtuse, yet mostly well-intentioned patent attorney.

A retired sergeant according to his profile, so he might be asking more for info on how that area is currently patrolled, rather than general civilian level insight on police practices.
          My bad, didn't notice at the time. How unfortunate for all of the other folks named Steve out there that come here.

Comment

You got that right. I am asking how the HYW are patrolled.
            There are certain crimes that are simply too cruel, too sadistic, too hideous to be forgiven.”

MY FAITH

MY FAMILY

MY FLAG

MY COUNTRY

Comment

Originally posted by Cannady View Post
              My bad, didn't notice at the time. How unfortunate for all of the other folks named Steve out there that come here.
              Oh really why would you say that ....??????

MY FAITH

MY FAMILY

MY FLAG

MY COUNTRY

Comment

How about sticking to the thread ONLY. thanks

MY FAITH

MY FAMILY

MY FLAG

MY COUNTRY

Comment

I visited Georgia and we were passing through Atlanta. All the truckers were passing my rental by 30+ over what I was doing. ****ing semi trucks lol. From the highway and onto the streets, a Hertz rental moving truck at a red light fast and furious us at the light...I've never seen a movers truck take off in such a hurry and step on it at the light. I realized, it wasn't that individual, but all truckers drive like that in the South I guess.

By the way, I said "freeway" to my wife's friend's family we were visiting - they never let me down for that or "Soda." I came back to Arizona saying I wanted "Coke" or "Coca Cola" for any cola beverage at whatever restaurant we went to.

Comment

Steve, could you please edit your profile to reflect that you're retired from private security as a sgt., not LE?

Thanks
                    This Space For Rent

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
                      Steve, could you please edit your profile to reflect that you're retired from private security as a sgt., not LE?

Thanks
                      That is right I am not working any more. For awhile anyway.

MY FAITH

MY FAMILY

MY FLAG

MY COUNTRY

Comment

You should know that this will never happen.

Congratulations on retirement. Did you retire from a police department or a sheriff's office? Of course it could be from corrections or another LE job. Anyway, I can't wait to hang it up.

Comment

Steve354 is a long time poster---------------who by the way lost about 10,000 posts when his account got deactivated a few years ago by accident

Steve 354 is/was a private Security officer who got htat job after he immigrated (legally) from (I believe Austrialia)

VERY different person than the other one ---------------

Oh really why would you say that ....??????
                          Don't take offense Steve................he was talking about the "other Steve"

Let it drop....................
                          Last edited by Iowa #1603; 09-21-2015, 03:34 PM.
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I am posting this here because it has to do with LE. Had to take trip to O Hare airport yesterday and talk about highway madness. Speed on HYW 90 is 55 but to others it was more like 70 plus. More than once we very close to being hit by D,heads passing you with three feet between us them no bull than there the D heads like to race and weave in and out of lanes with not a care in the world for anyone let alone themselves. . never seen anything thing like before.

The part the shock me the most was I never saw a Sate police or sheriff at all. All this took place both ways.

Can someone please tell me who does patrol the highways.???? It's just that I am use to seeing a hwy patrol car park somewhere along the HYW.
                            First time leaving WI? The entire state of IL is like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Country_Jim View Post
                              You should know that this will never happen.

Congratulations on retirement. Did you retire from a police department or a sheriff's office? Of course it could be from corrections or another LE job. Anyway, I can't wait to hang it up.
                              NO sir I was a security officer 23 plus years.

MY FAITH

MY FAMILY

MY FLAG

MY COUNTRY

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5798 users online. 404 members and 5394 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X