Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CinaC
    replied
    ^ The actor playing the swordsman was quite upset ... apparently he'd spent a lot of time practicing the fight sequence. Ah well.

Leave a comment:

• kirch
    replied
    I've got 2 contributions to this discussion:

1) This reminds me of an old episode of Cops. The officer is called to a "snake in house" call and finds a big black snake crawling on the front porch of some hysterical lady's house. The officer is obviously not "nature boy" and is trying to somehow coax the snake down to the ground so he can shoo it off. The snake is, at this point, hanging from the porch roof. Up comes the ol' Sarge. He says something like, "Here's how we deal with snakes," and promptly uses his baton like a Louisville Slugger. Sarge then lifts the limp snake from the ground with his baton and dumps it in the weeds. Problem solved. Probably had a lot of Animal Planet watchers calling the TV stations the next day.

2) According to an interview I once saw, the original scene in Indiana Jones where Indy confronts the sword-wielding Saracen actually called for Harrison Ford to disarm the BG with his whip (Hmmm. "Note to Chief regarding possible new impact weapons"). Apparently Mr. Ford was on-set for quite some time and had to use the bathroom -- badly. Rather than do the scene as written, he ad-libbed the firearm use to cut the scene short. The director liked it so much, he left it in the final cut.

Leave a comment:

• Mitzi
    replied
    We had a horrible experience with a cat one time. I noriced, when I went out side, this awful smell of cat urine all the time. A few days later, I saw him. Ot was a feral cat thoigh friendly. He was very strange looking though. He had this huge head and this powerful body. Well, he wouldn't go away because he kept seeing our cat in the window and he LOVED him. Finally, I told Al we were going to have to do something about him. So,my husband pit on thinck gloves to get him in a carrier to get him to the SPCA. Of course, he is promptly bitten. He calls animal control, asks them to come and bit the cat and told them he had just bitten him.
    They take all the info then tell my husband it's up to my husband to get the animal contained so they could get him or they wouldn't come out. They also added he started rabie shots if he did not catch this cat.
    aaarrgghhh! All the neighbors were out and by dark, we still had not caught him. Then I had this great idea. We put my cat, Irving (yes, Irving)in a carried at the front of the garage and hid by the side of the house. Luckily, Irving started meowing because he wa totally ****ed of about being in the carried.
    Here he comes. This was one smart cat. It took him a bit but he slowly inched himself up to the carrier. Al reched around and slammed the garage door down and we had him. We ran to the front door and Al ran out and saved Irving. lol
    Animal control came out and found the cat under the lawn mower. Even he couldn't not believ the fight this animal put up. Al was out there and said the cat literally walked on the ceiling.
    Well, he was put down and did not have rabies. But, we are much more careful about animals that wander up now.

Leave a comment:

• CinaC
    replied
    Well, shoot ... he keeps losing them! Do you remember which one was the Wembley? Because he loses a revolver in Shanghai after Willy Scott breaks a nail. The best part of Temple of Doom is when he confronts two of the Kali soldiers - both armed with swords. He laughs, reaches for his weapon, and realizes he doesn't have it anymore. It was a homage to the scene in Raiders where he shoots the swordsman ... great scene, that

Leave a comment:

• shooter1201
    replied
    Not to be picky...but when it comes to guns, I am...

The revolver 'Indy' uses isn't a .38. It's a .45. Sometimes it's a Colt M1917 'New Service' .45ACP. On other occasions, it's a Webley .455. I dunno whyyy......

Leave a comment:

• CinaC
    replied
    I DON'T LIKE SNAKES!
    You don't by chance have a fedora, leather jacket, a whip, and an old .38 in the closet do you? You don't by chance go hunting religious relics on the weekends while fighting off Nazi and other cult scum?

I hate spiders. Instant death penalty ... usually delivered by one of my cats, who all enjoy destroying all crawling insect lifeforms.

[ 06-21-2002: Message edited by: Crazy in a Jeep ]

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    Originally posted by kateykakes:

Afraid of spiders too, Don?
    Well, let me put it this way. I don't care to keep a black widow as a pet, nor a brown recluse.

Leave a comment:

• Pigskin
    replied
    Been on lots of snake calls, even one at my own house. Don't necessarily care for them but not afraid of them. Now spiders is another matter!

My son in the Coast Guard recently had a water moccasin drop down out of a tree into his boat in Louisiana. Everybody was scrambling to get away & drawing weapons. He stepped on it & picked it up behind its head but it wrapped around his arm. It took him a little while to get shed of it. All of the others think he's a little crazy to do such a thing. Maybe so.

Leave a comment:

• kateykakes
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Burnes:
    Chicken snakes are called that because they resemble common chickens, with white feathers and those two little feet.
    I'm having a hard time picturing that.

Thanks, Jim. Earlier I looked online to see if I could find a pic, but apparently I didn't look hard enough. I never found what I was looking for. I was just curious because I've never heard of them.

kk

Leave a comment:

• Jim Burnes
    replied
    Originally posted by kateykakes:
    What exactly is a chicken snake? Are they specific to your area? Anything like a gardner snake?

Kateykakes,

Chicken snakes are called that because they resemble common chickens, with white feathers and those two little feet.

But they don't sound like chickens at all. Such snakes are found in Oklahoma.

Jim Burnes

Leave a comment:

• kateykakes
    replied
    Originally posted by Don:
    I DON'T LIKE SNAKES!
    Afraid of spiders too, Don?

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    Did I mention that I don't like snakes? I guess they are OK as long as they stay OUTSIDE, where they belong.

However if they come into a home, they have committed a criminal trespass. That carries the death penality, if I am on scene.

I DON'T LIKE SNAKES!

Leave a comment:

• drunkhunter
    replied
    I had a snake call recently. We foud the snake in a kitchen drawer. My trainee at the time had a stick and a pillow case. He was trying to be the Crocodile Hunter and and do all kind of cool stuff with the snake.

My solution was to take the drawer outside and dump the snake. I gave the snake a verbal criminal trespass warning.

Leave a comment:

• FLLawdog
    replied
    What I learned was that some snakes don't like the confrontation. With a little gentle prodding and direction with the ASP, they will move out of their cover and take the most attractive cover they can find, which could be strategically placed paper bag. For smaller ones, just throw a wastebasket over it, run some cardboard underneath, tip up and discard the snake.

Or, put on the Hatch gloves and grab the bastard. If it's non venomous and he bites, the gloves will give you some protection.

Leave a comment:

• kateykakes
    replied
    What exactly is a chicken snake? Are they specific to your area? Anything like a gardner snake?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3594 users online. 232 members and 3362 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X