300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charming officers

an officer i knew seemed to have this habit of consistently using flirtation as a technique for disarming woman(not necessarily of a weapon. i can understand that in the fast paced and fluid world of le sometimes an officer just has to do what he can but it seems highly unprofessional that this method would be so heavily relied on.is this common? do officers consistently swindle women with boyish charms? really i genuinely am curious?

Generally speaking, the police don't "swindle" anybody. As far as getting them to a point that the situation diffuses, whatever works is a good method.
    "Public service is not just a job.
    It is an act of citizenship."
    ---G.W. Bush

Comment

I USE TERMS LIKE SWINDLE VER LOOSELY

Comment

You should try using your space-bar more loosely, too.

Comment

If the officer is telling females: ***In your best Barry White voice*** "Hey Baby, I wanna take you in the backseat of my patrol car and make sweet love"......then I too would consider that unprofessional. But if you are talking about him being sweet, smiling, maybe even flirting; then I can't see anything wrong with that.

Police officers are humans not robots. The public gets mad when they act too aggressive and they don't want mean a--holes. So now they can't be charming either?

Comment

I once received a formal complaint lodged by a female complainant against one of my male officers. She had received a traffic ticket from him for driving the wrong way on a one way street. During my subsequent interview with her, she freely admitted that she was guilty of the violation. The focus of her complaint was the officer's perceived demeanor which she described as "brusque, cold, and businesslike". That was it, nothing else.

The complaint, by the way, will stay on that officer's record forever. What more can I say?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy in a Jeep:
              You should try using your space-bar more loosely, too.
              I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT
              I SENSE ANGER

Comment

<sigh>
                "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

The focus of her complaint was the officer's perceived demeanor which she described as "brusque, cold, and businesslike". That was it, nothing else.

IN OTHER WORDS THERE'S PRESSURE(TO BE CUTE)

Comment

Yes. A great deal of anger. At people who type in all-caps. Knock it off. Use the shift-key like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy in a Jeep:
                      Yes. A great deal of anger. At people who type in all-caps. Knock it off. Use the shift-key like everyone else.
                      I was typing label and forgot to take off my caps lock! Sorry...I can't deal with womens anger...It's a mom like Joan Crawford type thing.

Comment

Cmon, Don, tell us how you charm the ladies! lol

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nittany Lion:
                          [QB]If the officer is telling females: ***In your best Barry White voice*** "Hey Baby, I wanna take you in the backseat of my patrol car

you've done this, haven't you?

Comment

I can't deal with womens anger
                            I'm sorry.

Did you just call me a woman?

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dinosaur:
                              [QB]I once received a formal complaint lodged by a female complainant against one of my male officers. The focus of her complaint was the officer's perceived demeanor which she described as "brusque, cold, and businesslike". That was it, nothing else.

People actually take time to make these kinds of complaints? The word hyper-sensitive comes to mind

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3526 users online. 268 members and 3258 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X