Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallen Officer Benefits

One of our posters put an article link in the Family section of the forum

I want to link it here in the General Law Enforcement area so more people see it.

I am no fan of the Des Moines Register--------but this is a good read ALSO watch the video.

http://forums.officer.com/t201554/

Here is the direct link

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...rter/32354573/
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Good read, but this made my scalp burn and my eyes bleed!!
    The benefits office initially questioned the speed the trooper was driving

Iowa, do you remember the incident where the sergeant accidentally shot the chief, paralyzing him? It didn't go in too much, that would have been off track, but it seems another infuriatingly delayed by incompetence: regardless how negligent she was, if he wasn't even in the room how could he possibly have had even a shred of fault or anything that would mitigate or delay his full benefits?

The former sergeant must feel horrible every day of her life, but wtf, of all people -- LEO's or medical folks -- with how much of this we see and hear in our jobs, to have a finger or anything near the trigger when there is no need or intention of firing the weapon!
    "Every day should include a perfectly grilled thick steak, freshly roasted coffee and seats on the 50-yardline.

Oh, and bacon. It should start with bacon."
    ------- Me

~~~~

Agent and manager of the world's only authentic lucky football kitty. Don't believe me?
    Just look at the Seattle Seahawks 1976-2010, compared to 2011-present. (and yes, I've been a fan that long)

Comment

Originally posted by foodnerd View Post

Iowa, do you remember the incident where the sergeant accidentally shot the chief, paralyzing him? It didn't go in too much, that would have been off track, but it seems another infuriatingly delayed by incompetence: regardless how negligent she was, if he wasn't even in the room how could he possibly have had even a shred of fault or anything that would mitigate or delay his full benefits?

The former sergeant must feel horrible every day of her life, but wtf, of all people -- LEO's or medical folks -- with how much of this we see and hear in our jobs, to have a finger or anything near the trigger when there is no need or intention of firing the weapon!

I know/knew both of the officers very well as the both were retirees from an agency I used to work for. I still talk to the Sgt often and we are friends on Facebook.

It was totally an accident..................the Sgt was looking at a weapon that the Chief wanted to sell her..........the gun went off. (I am not interested in to getting into the semantics of negligent/accidental discharges) And the Chief died due to complication of his wounds several years later

The troopers death is still shrouded in mystery. The was no call in nor was his in car camera activated but the vehicle was seen running down the road with top lights activated so it was surmised that he was chasing a speeder on a busy 4 lane road
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5825 users online. 406 members and 5419 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X