300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge Orders Officers Charged in Freddie Gray Case to be Tried Separately

Glad to hear the judge ruled in favor of these cops.

He made other rulings I didn't like (such as not making Mosby recuse) however I think he's showing signs of having some backbone in the highly charged environment there in Baltimore.

He didn't force Mosby to recuse herself, however, he did give her a tongue lashing about the impropriety of making political statements.

Being tried separately is fair and just but only if attorneys for either party or side aren't allowed to use it as a weapon in their own client's case, or to demand a second bite at the apple if a later case had a better outcome than they got for their client.
    (Or prosecutor against a defendant, of course.)

Same goes with jury deliberations if that's actually possible. Separate should mean separate regardless. It's nothing personal related to this case, just that too many wrongheaded legal rulings get chosen as setting precedent.
    "Every day should include a perfectly grilled thick steak, freshly roasted coffee and seats on the 50-yardline.

Oh, and bacon. It should start with bacon."
    ------- Me

~~~~

Agent and manager of the world's only authentic lucky football kitty. Don't believe me?
    Just look at the Seattle Seahawks 1976-2010, compared to 2011-present. (and yes, I've been a fan that long)

Comment

The appeal is where it's at. All those issues will be brought up then.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
        Glad to hear the judge ruled in favor of these cops.

He made other rulings I didn't like (such as not making Mosby recuse) however I think he's showing signs of having some backbone in the highly charged environment there in Baltimore.

He didn't force Mosby to recuse herself, however, he did give her a tongue lashing about the impropriety of making political statements.

I've been waiting for this thread topic to show up! The judge rejected the motion to dismiss the case and in the same breath allowed Mosby to remain. It seems to me, allowing Mosby to continue is akin to dismissing the case, just drags out the inevitable....
        Last edited by AI_guy; 09-03-2015, 07:19 AM.

Comment

The PD there needs to start stocking up on riot gear and making plans. If even one of them is found not guilty, there's going to be rioting in the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by FireCop203 View Post
            The PD there needs to start stocking up on riot gear and making plans. If even one of them is found not guilty, there's going to be rioting in the streets.
            I will personally send several water cannons down and also recruit several hundred heavy hitters from jersey that don't give a **** to push back. I will not watch baltimore pd having their backs against that statehouse wall,ordered to stand down but stay put, getting spit on and **** thrown at them. None of us should allow that to happen.

Comment

Why will they stock up on riot gear? They will be ordered to stand down. I hope to God you guys have time on the books. We can go down there and take back our country from these thugs.

Comment

Originally posted by AI_guy View Post
                I've been waiting for this thread topic to show up! The judge rejected the motion to dismiss the case and in the same breath allowed Mosby to remain. It seems to me, allowing Mosby to continue is akin to dismissing the case, just drags out the inevitable....
                Agree with you, AI Guy. This judge is an interesting guy.

Comment

Originally posted by SGTWILKS View Post
                  Why will they stock up on riot gear? They will be ordered to stand down. I hope to God you guys have time on the books. We can go down there and take back our country from these thugs.
                  I don't doubt you for a minute, SGTWILKS.

Comment

I agree with FireCop about the rioting though. Ohh, it's definitely coming.

Comment

Originally posted by SGTWILKS View Post
                      I have time on the books Sarge, well I don't actually have a book anymore but I have time so let me know when and where and I'll be enroute forthwith!

Comment

Originally posted by Rettroop View Post
                        I have time on the books Sarge, well I don't actually have a book anymore but I have time so let me know when and where and I'll be enroute forthwith!
                        Hot damn! I knew we had some trouble makers here.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3358 users online. 224 members and 3134 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X