300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confessions of a Public Defender

Yikes! I never thought I would hear a public defender say anything like this.

http://www.amren.com/features/2014/0...blic-defender/
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Nice article
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Confessions of a Public Defender

Last edited by Meizele_15481; 08-31-2015, 10:16 AM.
      Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Comment

Years ago I had a lawyer tell me that he was ashamed of the things he did when he was a defense attorney.

Comment

Wow. I wasn't prepared for that level of honesty. A very good read.
          At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

I tried to access your link from a government computer, and it was blocked for having been classified as "violence or racism."
            MAC

Comment

Originally posted by mac266 View Post
              I tried to access your link from a government computer, and it was blocked for having been classified as "violence or racism."
              It even says on their google desciption they promote white racial issues.
              Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Originally posted by mac266 View Post
                Yeah.. uh.. this article is from a White Supremacist publication (American Renaissance). Pretty f-ing disgusting if you ask me. I don't know why anyone would believe it's even written by a public defender. It even says at the end of the article that the author is writing under a pseudonym.

And why the f- would anyone care what a public defender has to say anyway? All that means is he has a law degree. Any moron can get a law degree. I've been there and done that. It doesn't make me in any way qualified make such sweeping generalizations about race.

Comment

Originally posted by allen_gamble View Post
                  Yeah.. uh.. this article is from a White Supremacist publication (American Renaissance). Pretty f-ing disgusting if you ask me. I don't know why anyone would believe it's even written by a public defender. It even says at the end of the article that the author is writing under a pseudonym.

And why the f- would anyone care what a public defender has to say anyway? All that means is he has a law degree. Any moron can get a law degree. I've been there and done that. It doesn't make me in any way qualified make such sweeping generalizations about race.
                  Don't be so hard on yourself now.

I agree that anyone can get a law degree but not everyone can be an outstanding lawyer like me.

Anyway, one thing I will never do is regret my decision to become a lawyer because I did it for all the right reasons and am confident that I always done the right thing. Those who enter the profession and say they are just doing their job and then post pieces like this should really be ashamed of themselves.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

You have got to be kidding me. So y'all find a clearly racist article from a clearly racist organization (come on, you all can't use Google?) from someone who probably not a public defender, but definitely not a liberal, and some of you fall for it?

Come on, read the damn thing.
                    Blacks are different by almost any measure to all other people. They cannot reason as well. They cannot communicate as well. They cannot control their impulses as well. They are a threat to all who cross their paths, black and non-black alike.
                    ~Gun control has always been about punishing the people that didn't shoot anyone.

Comment

I poked around on this site and strongly suspect they are milquetoast white supremacists.
                      Last edited by Madcap_Magician; 08-31-2015, 09:01 AM.
                      Originally posted by Michigan
                      Now that you mention it, who are you?

Comment

I'm not sure how everyone else interpreted that article; I took it not as a pronouncement on all black people, but an observation on those who wind up standing before a judge, as per this lawyer's experience.

If I had thought the article was a sweeping indictment of all black people, it would have been offensive to me as well. As it is, it was a difficult read.
                        At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherITguy View Post
                          I'm not sure how everyone else interpreted that article; I took it not as a pronouncement on all black people, but an observation on those who wind up standing before a judge, as per this lawyer's experience.

If I had thought the article was a sweeping indictment of all black people, it would have been offensive to me as well. As it is, it was a difficult read.
                          Did you read the "About Us" page?
                          Originally posted by Michigan
                          Now that you mention it, who are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Madcap_Magician View Post
                            Did you read the "About Us" page?
                            I didn't, but I will. And if I was duped by an unfair hit piece then I'll take that as a lesson to be much more careful in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Madcap_Magician View Post
                              I poked around on this site and strongly suspect they are milquetoast white supremacists.
                              After carefully reading the site's About Us page I have to agree with you on this. There is a difference between highlighting a cultural issue and saying an issue goes straight to a person's skin color. In this case, it appears to be the latter, and that's just plain wrong.

I should have paid closer attention to the site as a whole. Thanks for pointing this out to me, Magician.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5707 users online. 401 members and 5306 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X