300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for LEOs to participate research survey

Hello, I'm a graduate student in a criminal justice program and I'm preparing a research paper on the use of force continuum. I'm looking for law enforcement officers to participate in a self-reported survey on the topic of deadly force. I believe this topic is especially important given today's tense socioeconomic and political climate and media scrutiny of police officers. If you would like to participate, please contact me via private message. You can remain anonymous. The survey should take no longer than 10-15 minutes.

Thank you for any help.
    Last edited by NicholasNJ; 08-19-2015, 12:08 AM.

You lost everyone at criminal justice major....

Comment

Nice first post. Why not come right out and ask us about how we like to "shoot perps"?
      Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by tj05 View Post
        You lost everyone at criminal justice major....
        You got past hello?

Comment

But what about agencies that don't have a use of force continuum?
          semper destravit

Comment

Continuum is no longer a thing in most modern agencies.

Using the appropriate and reasonable level of force to overcome the resistance of the person is the new hotness.
            Last edited by Sierra259; 08-19-2015, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra259 View Post

Using the appropriate level of force to overcome the resistance of the person is the new hotness.
              Yep. Even FLETC has done away with the continuum and gone to the "reasonable" test. It's pretty simple, was the use of force reasonable based on the totality of the circumstances.

Continuum=old and busted
              Reasonableness= new hotnessimage.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by NicholasNJ View Post
                Hello, I'm a graduate student in a criminal justice program and I'm preparing a research paper on the use of force continuum. I'm looking for law enforcement officers to participate in a self-reported survey on the topic of deadly force. I believe this topic is especially important given today's tense socioeconomic and political climate and media scrutiny of police officers. If you would like to participate, please contact me via private message. You can remain anonymous. The survey should take no longer than 10-15 minutes.

Thank you for any help.
                The bottom line is -----there is an INFORMAL policy that is rampant on this forum that we do not help student's with their homework, research and or thesis papers.

Individuals are of course free to do what they wish but in practicality ----don't expect many responses to your survey.
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by NicholasNJ View Post

Thank you for any help.
                  Asking random internet strangers to participate in a online survey is one of the worst, laziest, and irresponsible means of social research. You have no means to confirm that the people taking the survey are, in fact, law enforcement officers. You stand a significant risk of having our many trolls and/or whackers show up on your survey pretending to be cops which will result in wildly skewed data.
                  Originally posted by kontemplerande
                  Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Well, you have certainly come to the right place. You will glean knowledge from these fine contributors and the amazing thing is you won't even realize it at the time. However, after the sting is gone, and you have had time to calm down emotionally you should be in perfect learn-mode to develop your paper on the use of force continuum, and will appreciate the responses from these fine ball-busters.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
                      You stand a significant risk of having our many trolls and/or whackers show up on your survey pretending to be cops which will result in wildly skewed data.
                      Can you imagine Steve, Yorkie and Monty's answers...................................
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                        Can you imagine Steve, Yorkie and Monty's answers...................................
                        Our panel of in house "Experts".

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                          Our panel of in house "Experts".
                          Monty has admitted to never having any formal LE training. I can only imagine what his answers would be.
                          Originally posted by RSGSRT
                          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra259 View Post

Using the appropriate level of force to overcome the resistance of the person is the new hotness.
                            Hey, I was gonna say that!

Comment

I never do survey's or other people's homework.
                              Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
                              In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
                              Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
                              Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3550 users online. 241 members and 3309 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X