300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore to end July in a high note

Looks like Baltimore is ending July on a high note... Murders that is. 45 surpassing May of 43. Lets not forget to mention Mosby and disclosing discovery gymnastics:

State withholds evidence from defense. Many which defense digs out in their own investigation.

State "shops" for signing judge AFTER the first judge declines stating there is no pc for the warrants.

Many more shinanigans by Mosby if you dig around.
    This is going to be fun when it comes out in court.

Just read about that this morning. Here's the most interesting part of the article I read:

Strained relationships between police and the public also play a role, according to Eugene O'Donnell, a professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice.

Arrests plummeted and violence soared after six officers were indicted in Gray's death. Residents accused police of abandoning their posts for fear of facing criminal charges for making arrests, and said emboldened criminals were settling scores with little risk of being caught.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/60352...nseen-43-years

It's playing out exactly like the good LEOs on this forum said it would. Blame the police for the problems, and then blame them again for not doing their jobs.

I'll say it again - I have no idea how the police do their jobs with no support.
    At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

Abandoning their posts? I think not. This is just life in Baltimore without proactive policing. Get used to it.

Comment

Link to a blog with good references

http://tenninetyseven.blogspot.com/2...71009735020289

Comment

That's a high note in your eyes?

It sounds like a crappy city getting even worse to me. No one is winning but the criminals.

Comment

Am I the only one who saw "high note" and thought they might have done what DC did with Marijuana possession?

Comment

Disarm the law-abiding citizens, tell the police to 'stand down' in the face of riots & looting, turn the community against the police everywhere possible, throw the chief to the wolves for obeying the incompetent mayor and blame all of the problems on white conservatives who don't even live in the city. What could possibly go wrong with that scenario?

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
                Abandoning their posts? I think not. This is just life in Baltimore without proactive policing. Get used to it.
                Yeah, I didn't like the way that article was worded either. What interested me most about that article was the way that folks complain when LE does their job aggressively, and then they complain again when they think the police are not doing their jobs aggressively enough.

It's like a bunch of rotten spoiled kids. I'll say it again - I don't know how you LEOs do your jobs with so little support. You guys and gals are just good people to the core. No other explanation.
                At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherITguy View Post
                  Yeah, I didn't like the way that article was worded either. What interested me most about that article was the way that folks complain when LE does their job aggressively, and then they complain again when they think the police are not doing their jobs aggressively enough.

It's like a bunch of rotten spoiled kids. I'll say it again - I don't know how you LEOs do your jobs with so little support. [B] You guys and gals [/B]are just good people to the core. No other explanation.
                  First, thank you. This is all a reminder to me of why I wear brown now instead of blue. We have tremendous support from the citizens in the county that I work/live in. I miss the off the hook activity levels in the city, but I don't miss all the BS that goes along with it.

To my urban warrior brothers and sisters, watch your 6...it ain't gonna get any better.
                  Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post

It sounds like a crappy city getting even worse to me. No one is winning but the criminals.
                    It was a play on words, dude.
                    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                      When my dad tries to be funny around me I'll tell him, "Yep, I recognize that. That's sarcasm. We don't get a lot of that around here."

Comment

Bingo CF, that's just what it is. A perfect example of "government" with liberals at the helm.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                          The whole concept of decreasing enforcement to fight political battles deeply concerns me. Its variable throws off a designed process, and is extremely detrimental to the rest of our generally unprepared society. We will need you the absolute most when politics are at their absolute worst. If huge swaths of enforcement can be stood down by way of a little politically-focused social engineering, it makes our society and infrastructure more susceptible.

Don't get me wrong, I know that it's easier for those of us who aren't in your line of work to stand on the sidelines and say it.

I'll get mad if I see unfair convictions, but politicians making politically-driven land grabs shouldn't surprise anyone. It has been happening for thousands of years, and will continue to happen.
                          Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 08-01-2015, 02:07 PM.

Comment

The whole concept of decreasing enforcement to fight political battles deeply concerns me. Its variable throws off a designed process, and is extremely detrimental to the rest of our generally unprepared society. We will need you the absolute most when politics are at their absolute worst. If huge swaths of enforcement can be stood down by way of a little politically-focused social engineering, it makes our society and infrastructure more susceptible.

Don't get me wrong, I know that it's easier for those of us who aren't in your line of work to stand on the sidelines and say it.

I'll get mad if I see unfair convictions, but politicians making politically-driven land grabs shouldn't surprise anyone. It has been happening for thousands of years, and will continue to happen.

Some very valid points. This "Administration" has done more to destroy the Constitution, basic American values, and the very fabric of society, than all the armed, foreign enemies we've dealt with in over 200 years.

Comment

I can understand your point of view and its valid. Its very ideological to say LE is the only line between the good and the bad. We must be resolve and stand firm, continuing protecting the people. However when politics and media backlash over rule common sense and basic police protections, we will not be winning any battles. I/we all have a life, family, children to go home to at the end of the day. I will not be criminally charge for doing what we are suppose to be doing. What choices do we have?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5454 users online. 390 members and 5064 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X