Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In fairness to the NJ mom who left her child in a hot car.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In fairness to the NJ mom who left her child in a hot car.

For all we know she could have been so distraught over Cecil the Lion that she forgot about her own kid.

But I am going to guess that Mia Farrow won't be publishing her address.

VIDEO: Child rescued from hot car in NJ | 6abc.com

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Some people just shouldn't be procreating.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post
      For all we know she could have been so distraught over Cecil the Lion that she forgot about her own kid.

But I am going to guess that Mia Farrow won't be publishing her address.

VIDEO: Child rescued from hot car in NJ | 6abc.com

Damn, I needed a laugh this morning. Thanks!!

Comment

Watched a video last week where adults were offered 100.00 to sit in a closed up car for 10 minutes in hot weather to show them what is what like for kids left in a car..... Not one of them could last more than 7 minutes before they demanded to be let out.
        Retired LASD

Comment

I won't even leave my dogs in the car for a minute if it's anywhere near 80 and we don't have the humidity like out there. Good that someone saw the kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
            Well, I certainly would not let a kid or a pet be left alone in a car on a hot day, but it would be really nice to have some sort of a guideline just exactly what constitutes a child endangerment or animal endangerment. The issue is that most people would not agree what constitutes temperatures that are too high.

Is there some sort of an authoritative table, book, or a website that would show the temperature vs time that would provide guidance to parents and pet owners?
            How about you NEVER leave a kid in a car by themselves and you NEVER have to worry about it?

Seriously, man. Why would you ever ask such a question? Even if we all agreed in a proper temp, your child could still be kidnapped and it's still child endangerment.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

Well, I certainly would not let a kid or a pet be left alone in a car on a hot day, but it would be really nice to have some sort of a guideline just exactly what constitutes a child endangerment or animal endangerment. The issue is that most people would not agree what constitutes temperatures that are too high.

Is there some sort of an authoritative table, book, or a website that would show the temperature vs time that would provide guidance to parents and pet owners?

It is called common sense.

Something you lack

You just get dumber with every post
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I understand what you are saying, but that is NOT the issue. The issue is NOT whether a child or a pet can be left in a car by themselves. If it would be, then the temperature would not be mentioned. The reason why it was child endangerment is due to the heat, NOT due to being left in the car.

While I agree that a child could be kidnapped, it is also true that the child could have been kidnapped from the mother (just how difficult is it for a bad guy to knock the mother down and take her kid?). Additionally, the mother and child could have been run down while on the street; the kid is much safer from being run over when the kid is strapped safely in the car than being out with her mother in the traffic.
                Yeah, keep trying to argue the kid is safer in a car alone in a parking lot than with a parent.

And people yell at me on this forum......

Comment

Originally posted by TrentFarmerDBU View Post
                  And people yell at me on this forum......
                  We yell at him too....................every post
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Because of the lack of "common sense", is why we need such guidelines. If no guidelines are provided, then, what you call "endangerment" and what I call "endangerment" will be different.

A judge will decide after a police officer uses common sense in arresting and charging the offender. Occasionally the judge will also use common sense in his/her decision. Of course that is debatable since a judge is also a lawyer

No offense Ex Army MP........................you are one of the exceptions

Comment

Again, I had hoped there was some sort of redeeming quality for you Steve. Now I'm sure there is not.
                      Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
                      In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
                      Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
                      Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

there is also a risk associated with taking the child out of the car seat and taking the child with the parent.
                        In what alternative universe would there be a risk of having the child with his/her parent.

You can't even call that statement close to logical

Comment

Being run over by a car. A person is more likely to be run over by a car, then when he/she is sleeping in a car seat. There are about 4000 pedestrian deaths in the US, thus, it is not a negligible risk to take a kid out of the car seat and take the kid in to the store.

There is a risk that a child may slip, fall, and get hurt in a store. Supposedly, there are 2.3 M falls in the US, that required a trip to the emergency room.

There is a risk that something may fall on top of the child in the store.

There are other risks that a child may encounter while in the store or on the way to the store.

I've always my kids with me when visiting the store, but I certainly understand a parent that is going to a store for a couple of minutes to leave a sleeping kid in his/her child seat.
                          I'm sure all of the 619 parents who's children have died in hot cars would agree with you.
                          http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...acts/12055727/
                          Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
                          In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
                          Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
                          Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

Being run over by a car. A person is more likely to be run over by a car, then when he/she is sleeping in a car seat. There are about 4000 pedestrian deaths in the US, thus, it is not a negligible risk to take a kid out of the car seat and take the kid in to the store.

There is a risk that a child may slip, fall, and get hurt in a store. Supposedly, there are 2.3 M falls in the US, that required a trip to the emergency room.

There is a risk that something may fall on top of the child in the store.

There are other risks that a child may encounter while in the store or on the way to the store.

Your ignorance is only exceeded by your arrogant prattle

They run other risks by sitting in the car too............another car could crash into them. A meteor could fall on the car. A tornado could demolish the car.

Do you understand how stupid your so called risks are..............

I've always my kids with me when visiting the store, but I certainly understand a parent that is going to a store for a couple of minutes to leave a sleeping kid in his/her child seat.
                            Then you are a fool
                            Last edited by Iowa #1603; 07-31-2015, 08:54 PM.

Comment

20% of 619 is about 124. It is still 124 parents that caused their own kid's death. It is a horrible way to die.
                              You can't read either

"4. More than half of heat stroke deaths occur because a caregiver forgot the child in the car." ( CAUSED BY THE CAREGIVER)

"6. Nearly 20% of deaths occur because a caregiver intentionally left the child in the car.) CAUSED BY THE CAREGIVER)

That total is more than 124.....................

That is not what my post is about. The discussion is whether a child can be left in a cool car. See Ex Army MP's post No. 7.

No That is NOT what this discussion is about

That was the drivel you spewed.................It has really nothing to do with if a child can be left in a cool car.....just you pontificating about " What the meaning of IS is."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5674 users online. 398 members and 5276 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X