300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how this trooper didn't blow up I'll never know

This is an old video I found a while back but just seen it again and how this trooper kept calm for that long during this traffic stop I'll never understand http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lvXVeb80swc

Because we deal with 20 stupid people like this a week who swear they know the law . He spent more time explaining the stop then I would have before I walked away and got back in my car, kudos to him.
    "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

It's simple the best way to react when someone tries to get a reaction out of you is not to react. They pull the camera out hoping to get a rise out of you. When you remain calm and professional they lose.

Comment

Bad cop. He should have just shown her his speedometer, and then they could have moved on.

/s

Comment

.....the only 'universal law' I've ever known is death & taxes.

Steve,

'Limiting your exposure' to the negative interaction is optimal but as with all things it relies on personality of the ofc and person AT THE TIME OF CONTACT. Sometimes the tactic is a hit and sometimes a miss. Typically, the best ways to limit the exposure for an ofc is to either stop being productive and just answer calls or to get a reliable standard routine and vary it slightly based upon the 'type' of person you're dealing with..... twits like the woman in this tape are not anywhere near the majority but are emblematic of an attitude that isn't so uncommon to deal with.

Hey, OP, ........Ray Ray much??
          Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
          “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
          “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
          "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
          ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by lpstopper View Post
            Because we deal with 20 stupid people like this a week who swear they know the law . He spent more time explaining the stop then I would have before I walked away and got back in my car, kudos to him.
            I work in a city with a large university so I deal with many kids like this. You get use to how dumb some people can be. We wear cameras so it's nice sometimes to watch people act like idiots in court.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
              You know, I wonder when police officers try to be extra nice and extra patient with suspects, if it is actually counterproductive.

To me, oftentimes an officer tries to explain things to a suspect. The officer and the suspect go back and forth at it. A lot of times the suspect gets really annoyed, and possibly arrested. I wonder if just cutting the encounter short is the way to go.

I see this with my kids. Sometimes when I try to explain why they have to do some chore, it gets into a big argument, sometimes ending up with feelings hurt. But if I tell them to do something, and address their arguments with “I am not discussing this. Just get it done!” the feelings of being hurt are actually mitigated.
              Steve, Steve, Steve... never, EVER buy into your own legend. You've done an actual 360 here! (see Shush for explanation).
              You hit a few out of the park, heck you even got kudos and a like from PhillipCal!
              Then you got greedy. Went right back to shooting them out of your *** instead of past your brain. THEN you went full shine box here and tell veteran LEO's they're doing their jobs wrong??!!?
              "Every day should include a perfectly grilled thick steak, freshly roasted coffee and seats on the 50-yardline.

Oh, and bacon. It should start with bacon."
              ------- Me

~~~~

Agent and manager of the world's only authentic lucky football kitty. Don't believe me?
              Just look at the Seattle Seahawks 1976-2010, compared to 2011-present. (and yes, I've been a fan that long)

Comment

Originally posted by Langford PR View Post
                .....the only 'universal law' I've ever known is death & taxes.
                And Fat *** Al Sharpton seems to avoid both
                In God We Trust
                Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5775 users online. 400 members and 5375 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X