300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect Charges When Shopping

When you're out shopping and someone charges you an incorrect price for an item, in YOUR favor, do you say anything? or do you keep your mouth shut? Would you consider it stealing if you didn't point out their mistake?

(I'm guessing most people will point out a mistake if they are being over charged unless it's only a few cents).
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

It's happened a few times, I just give it back. It's not a big deal.

And besides, if it's not given back, some clerk will have to make up the loss with their own money, which they don't have to spare.

Jim Burnes

Comment

if its some little mom & pop store, ill tell them.

if its a big chain store that has numerous employees in charge of making sure things are properly priced etc... i dont say anything.

Comment

If I catch it I'll tell them, but most of the time, I'm not really paying too much attention.
        The ends justifies the means

Comment

This blew my wifes mind, last christmas we were in Toy's R Us. The lady was scanning our stuff but only half of it went through, She told me the total, but I knew I spent way more than that. I asked her if she could start over. I was right she was so busy talking to the girl next to her she was not paying attention to my order. I could of saved $200 last Christmas.

Comment

MK said

quote:
            I could of saved $200 last Christmas
            At the expense of your soul. Good call
            "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"--Bill Jordan

Comment

I'll tell them- three of us went out to dinner once at a Chinese Buffet ($12.95/person) and when we got the bill from the waiter it was for $4.17. We figured the cashier would notice that we were only charged for drinks, but she rang up the 4.17. She was pretty grateful I pointed the mistake out to her. We got 3 $5 gift certificates- would have saved more if I didn't mention it but I would have felt really guilty...
              I appreciate it when people point out that I didn't ring something up they wanted. Especially since they usually come up to the counter and just dump everything in a big pile- it makes it hard to figure out what I've scanned and what I haven't.
              Don't take life too seriously- you'll never come out of it alive.

Comment

You reap what you sow. It's true in every religon.
                Plus, If you want the warranty coverage, or to return it if its broken you need a reciept [Wink]

Comment

I like to carry about a dollar in change. If a purchase comes to say...$5.17 or 3.43, I'll either pay the exact amount or include the change with a five, ten or twenty. This seems logical to me but it often causes consternation among cashiers. I've spent a lot of time discussing basic arithmetic with clerks when they've either given me too much or too little in change.

If I'm over or under charged I usually catch the error and I always bring it to the attention of the cashier. It happens a lot.

This past summer, I experienced a disturbing variation on this topic. I'd gone to a convenience store while on vacation and stopped to tap the outside ATM before entering and withdrew $60.00 (3 twenty dollar bills). Other than a few cents, I had no other cash on me. I purchased a Snapple and some worms (Canadian Nightcrawlers). The Snapple was for me, the worms were for fishing.

The cashier gave me change for a ten. I checked my pockets and found two twenties, the ATM receipt for $60.00 and my coins. I told her I'd given her a twenty. She insisted I'd given her a ten. I explained. She called the manager. The manager looked at me as though I was something she'd found on the bottom of her shoe. I explained again. They called a sidebar and conferred, glancing at me suspiciously the whole time while I attempted to put on my best innocent vistim look.

I was actually wondering when they we're going to hit the robbery alarm. The manager returned to the counter and asked me for ID. I showed it. The cashier and manager conferred again. The manager then took a ten from the register and asked me to write down my name and address before handing me my change. I did so while being told that if there was a shortage at the end of the day, I'd be hearing from them. I thought of a lot of things to say, but kept my mouth shut. The fishing was good. I never heard anything from the store.

Comment

I just had another thought. What really P's me off is if the shelf tag says $0.99, and the product is marked $0.99, just because there's a sign that reads 2/$1.00 doesn't mean it always is! I constantly have to explain that the sign says " Private Label Product" 2/$1.00, They move the sign in front of the national brand then expect that we honor it for the cheaper price. O.K. people learn to read before going out in public! If you can't put a bullet in your head, do the world a favor! [Eek!]

( I do not advocate suicide, just the elimination of the stupid, sort of like selective evelution.)

Comment

quote:
                      They move the sign in front of the national brand then expect that we honor it for the cheaper price. O.K. people learn to read before going out in public!
                      ARGH!! That drives me nuts, especially since the store I work for gives them the lower price. WTF??? I also hate when that ppl get the circulars on Friday for the sale that starts on SUNDAY. It clearly says that on the friggin thing, and yet, when I try to explain that, and show them the dates listed, they insist on talking to the manager, who is such a push over he gives them the cheaper price. Then they look at me all smug and "I told you so." grrrrrr.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by ghost:
                        [QUOTE], they insist on talking to the manager, who is such a push over he gives them the cheaper price. Then they look at me all smug and "I told you so." grrrrrr.

I am a manager! The best is on my night to close I am the store manager. The come to me to complain, when they don't like the answer I give they ask me to page my boss. I do, then I walk away, then come right back to say, "may I help you?" they get so P's they usally walk away from me. My favorite thing to do is when they complain to me in spanish. I nod my head in agreement, as soon as they stop talking I talk back in giberish. O.k. not good for business, but it's a riot
                        My wife question my choice to become a LEO, because I have a high hatered for the STUPID!

Comment

quote:
                          ...when they don't like the answer I give they ask me to page my boss. I do, then I walk away, then come right back to say, "may I help you?"...<snip>I nod my head in agreement, as soon as they stop talking I talk back in giberish.
                          LMFAO!! I wish I could be there to see that.

Comment

I will look on the shelf and make sure that the product that I picked up is the product on sale. I even compare the bar code numbers to make sure. This way I am assured that I am right when I get to the register and am charged the wrong price. IF I am over charged or under charged I will say something. I want prices to come down not go up due to uncounted inventory shortages. I have even told people at convience stores that the price they just told me for the total was incorrect. Sometimes I am right other times the product is on sale without me knowing about it and they were. LOL I would much rather know I am paying the retail of what I buy and not getting ripped of or ripping off the store.

Klar
                            Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

In MY favor??? Ahhhhh .....*snikers* ahhh YEAH RIGHT.....*walks away laughing hard*

and to answer the last part of your question... "NOPE"
                              Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158355 users online. 129 members and 158226 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X