Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guns don't kill people.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guns don't kill people.

    Agencies that sit on fire arms applications do.


    http://www.nj.com/camden/index.ssf/2...ath_an_ab.html


    "Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.


  • #2
    It's amazing how anti gun some states are. You don't keep the good people from having guns.
    Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

    Comment


    • #3
      On the flipside of that, there are many instances where people who should not have had approved purchases/permits/what have you were given the green light because the system broke down in one way or another, often from rubber stamping approvals to push through applications without doing the investigatory work or from automatic approvals by law after a certain period of time goes by when the people assigned to do the processing didn't bother to do any of the assigned work - it is considered "bitch work" by many - or go over any of the results because they used their time for other things or because they simply had too many applications to properly tend to at any given moment. In some cases, those individuals who should not be allowed to buy or carry a firearm go on to kill others, occasionally killing Police Officers who make contact with them in non-violent scenarios like traffic stops. Things need to be improved.

      Comment


      • #4
        Tennessee has a great way of licensing for CCW, IMO. First its against the law to carry (civilians) in bars, and they make a class designed to teach prospective CCW permit holders aware of every aspect and conclude with a trip to the shooting range. I think they have a really good way of doing it. They also fingerprint, not sure if that matters to some of the more staunch folks but I didn't feel violated by it.

        Comment


        • #5
          All that just to BUY a gun for your HOME?! That state and agency are responsible for that woman's death, at least negligently.

          Hey New Jersey, F**K YOU!
          I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by that's my hand View Post
            Tennessee has a great way of licensing for CCW, IMO. First its against the law to carry (civilians) in bars, and they make a class designed to teach prospective CCW permit holders aware of every aspect and conclude with a trip to the shooting range. I think they have a really good way of doing it. They also fingerprint, not sure if that matters to some of the more staunch folks but I didn't feel violated by it.
            Not illegal to carry in places that serve alcohol. Can't consume or be under the influence of alcohol while in possession of a firearm.
            Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

            Comment


            • #7
              Things need to be improved.
              By eliminating ALL government impediments to the free exercise of rights.

              The checks and waits and regulations AREN'T inconveniencing anybody by the law abiding.

              I'M not more safe on the street because of a BGC and 15 round mag limit.

              ...unless you're willing to jump thru the same hoops to vote that you do to own a firearm.

              First its against the law to carry (civilians) in bars, and they make a class designed to teach prospective CCW permit holders aware of every aspect and conclude with a trip to the shooting range
              Obviously you haven't taken the class.
              Last edited by tanksoldier; 06-05-2015, 11:44 PM.
              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

              "With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Waffles1981 View Post
                On the flipside of that, there are many instances where people who should not have had approved purchases/permits/what have you were given the green light because the system broke down in one way or another, often from rubber stamping approvals to push through applications without doing the investigatory work or from automatic approvals by law after a certain period of time goes by when the people assigned to do the processing didn't bother to do any of the assigned work - it is considered "bitch work" by many - or go over any of the results because they used their time for other things or because they simply had too many applications to properly tend to at any given moment. In some cases, those individuals who should not be allowed to buy or carry a firearm go on to kill others, occasionally killing Police Officers who make contact with them in non-violent scenarios like traffic stops. Things need to be improved.




                Good! Lets melt em all down and make a huge, big ole' peace sign..


                Originally posted by Waffles1981 View Post
                On the flipside
                Hey Waffle'z, ya' got a gud name..flipside=>waffles
                waffles=> flipside


                Patty cakes wudda' been gud too!!!




                Originally posted by Waffles1981 View Post
                Things need to be improved.

                Well like they say, start in your own gawddamn house, I'll wait ta' be last...Only fair since it twaz' your idea...


                I dink ya' need some Gary Kleck learn'in.
                Originally posted by mookster
                Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                Originally posted by CityCopDC
                I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                -Frank




                Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JDCOP View Post
                  Not illegal to carry in places that serve alcohol. Can't consume or be under the influence of alcohol while in possession of a firearm.
                  Thanks JD. That's a great law, and has probably saved a lot of lives!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
                    Obviously you haven't taken the class.
                    No I took it, but obviously haven't retained every aspect of it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm not familiar with TN law, but most states that have a CCW type law state that you cannot enter a bar establishment because more than 50 percent of the revenue comes from alcohol and of course you cannot consume while armed. However, if you go to lets say Chili's or any other restaurant(or movie theater) that serves alcohol (but sit outside the bar area), long as you do not consume you are good. That was how the law read when I had my CCW for KY,KS,WA, and MO.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It just gets better:

                        POS is dead by his own hands, and "Three state senators on Friday said they'd introduce a bill that would prioritize permit requests for people who held current restraining orders."

                        Too little too late for her, and one shouldn't need to be at the point a restraining order exists before Const Right is acknowledged, but for NJ, maybe a step in the right direction.

                        http://www.courierpostonline.com/sto...ship/28605651/
                        - Will

                        Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

                        www.OptimalSWAT.com

                        General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

                        www.BrinkZone.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
                          I'm not familiar with TN law, but most states that have a CCW type law state that you cannot enter a bar establishment because more than 50 percent of the revenue comes from alcohol and of course you cannot consume while armed. However, if you go to lets say Chili's or any other restaurant(or movie theater) that serves alcohol (but sit outside the bar area), long as you do not consume you are good. That was how the law read when I had my CCW for KY,KS,WA, and MO.

                          In VA, a person with a carry permit CAN be armed in an establishment that serves alcohol - but they cannot consume any alcohol while carrying concealed. (We don't technically have "bars" or "taverns" as some other states do, though; just restaurants that have an on-premise ABC license.)

                          The weird thing is, unless they changed the law recently, you CAN consume alcohol while carrying OPENLY -- but I doubt anyone there would actually serve you.

                          Law-abiding citizens with permits are not the problem, though.

                          The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

                          The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

                          ------------------------------------------------

                          "Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I've only seen one person who was approved for a permit being a convicted felon. It should have popped on the background investigation but it didn't. As many permit holders as we have in my state only having one instance I know about is good odds. But it didn't work out too well for him when we found out.
                            Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Look, we all know the reason for the hoops to go through to get a firearm. It's not geared towards keeping the bad guys from getting the. It's only purpose, and the reason for all of the red tape, is too make it such a hassle and tiring/time consuming process that people don't want to bother. It's the same with hunting. Just back door control.
                              I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 6301 users online. 343 members and 5958 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X