Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mitchell_in_CT
    Um...no. I was being serious...

I mean, I want to know if the dog ate a magazine of something and lived, because I want to make sure not to carry that round.

If the dog took 1 hit from something and was DRT, well...I wanna know that too.
    I believe it was with a 12 guage...one shot.
    Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

• Well...that would do it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaky & Blue
        There's a story out of Tennessee where state police stopped a North Carolina family on the suspicion they had been involved in a robbery, then shot their dog:

http://www.tennessean.com/local/archives/03/01/27473390.shtml

There's even video at that site of the entire incident from the trooper's dashcam.

Reaction to the story has not been favorable to the police. In fact, the troopers are getting raked over the coals on one of the media websites. "If you're going to be afraid of a dog that's wagging his tail like that, you don't need to be a police officer," one message quotes. (You don't have to be registered to participate in the conversation over there, so please feel free to join that discussion.)

I'm curious about how folks on this board react to this story. Was the shooting reasonable?

It turns out there actually was no robbery at all. The driver had left his wallet sitting on top of his car at their last fuel stop. When it fell off, cash flew out of it and spread across the road. An anonymous caller who saw it dialed police from a cellphone and reported a suspicious vehicle with money flying out of the windows.

Even though no robberies had been reported, the car was still stopped on a suspicion of being involved in a robbery. Is this normal procedure?

Opinions?
        Feel free to send that trooper to my neighborhood we have to many large Dogs roaming the woods in packs,Now that's a scary moment while out walking a to meet up with a large pack of Dogs!

Comment

• I'm sorry I'm a cop and I have had to put a dangerous dog down, and that wasn't it. If I had been there on the job, I would have beat that a**h*le to within an inch of his life. If I was his superior I would have fired him, and blacklisted him for that absolutlely stupid move. My uncle is a retired trooper down there, and he said that there wasn't much posative about him before the incident. That is a very sad excuse for a cop. Period. He gives the rest of us a bad name.
          "Well I'm here now, so deal with it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Forest
            Felony stop when no evidence of a felony occurred? Officer had no reason to even stop the car much less restraign the occupants. This is called kidnapping. Everything that occurred after being pulled over is a criminal act and the policemen involved should be brought under a Grand Jury indictment. Some officers of the law think citizens rights are open to their interpretations. Where was the PC to even stop the family? Littering? How about the felony stop? There was no felony.
            Everyone is talking about the dog being shot but why did the stop even occur?
            Wow you obviously need to do some self education about the intricasies of constituational law. If you would be so willing study whats called a "Terry" Stop.
            Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
            I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
            Originally posted by weinerdog2000
            as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3913 users online. 266 members and 3647 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X