300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI takeover local police forces?

D.o.J. want to control all local police forces over the whole nation. To force passing a bill favorite to them seems easier and more safty than to murder to control a single local police force.

On November 7, 2003, San Jose Mercury News reported:
    "POST OFFICES CLOSED DURING ANTHRAX TESTS
    The Postal Service closed 11 Washington, D.C.-area post offices Thursday while authorities ran tests to determine whether anthrax was detected at the Navy site that handles mail for federal agencies."

Since such kind of issue wouldn't appear for no reason, I thought, what kind of plot they plan to do this time? Then I found the answer later in Originaldissent website. The thread alleged FBI try to take over local police forces.

It's obvious once again Feds use terrorist way to push for passing a bill benefit them. Anthrax had been used to push the passing through of "Patriot Act", now it is used again to intimidate congresspeople to pass a bill enabling FBI to control local police forces of the whole nation.

Though the anthrax alert was cancelled next day on 11/8, it has done it's mission. Senators were warned of sniper shoot when they went to golf during sniper shoot spree. This Anthrax alert was the second time. Just a remind of a possible"anthrax letter" to law makers would be enough for an intimidation.

We can see how they played terror on law makers. 1. On Oct. 2001, anthrax in DC pushed passing through of "Patriot Act". 2. On Oct. 2002, DC sniper shooting helped passing through "Iraq war authorizing power" to President Bush. 3. On Nov. 7, 2003, DC area post office anthrax alert. This time they didn't make it a big one. They even put a low profile on the bill they wanted. Not much people know the 'JTTF Enhancement Act". But that's a big leap forward to expand the police power of D.o.J..

Reference:
    Quote, "FBI/CIA Takeover of Local Police Forces? (Congressional Bill PENDING)

108th Congress

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the 'JTTF Enhancement Act of 2003'.

SEC. 2. JOINT TERRORISM TASK FORCES.

(a) JTTFS REQUIRED- The Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation shall carry out a program under which the Director maintains, in such regions and localities of the United States as the Director considers appropriate, task forces of law enforcement agents to combat international terrorism (known as joint terrorism task forces).

(b) COMPOSITION- Each task force under the program required by subsection (a) shall be comprised of at least one law enforcement agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Each such task force shall also include such other law enforcement agents as the Director considers appropriate, selected by the Director from among those Federal, State, and local law enforcement agents that are made available to the Director for such purposes...
    ---
    November 4, 2003 Mrs. MALONEY (for herself and Mr. FROST) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary, and in addition to the Select Committee on Intelligence (Permanent Select), for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned "

http://forums.originaldissent.com/sh...ad.php?t=11012

Kathaksung:
    Thank you once again for giving us this type of information. Law enforcement has a difficult mission dealing with fighting crime on a day to day basis and it appears we were not looking over our shoulders as the FED's were creaping up behind us. It appears we may be too late to stop the monster and I am curious what my uniform will look like when they take over. Will I still get to keep my gun and badge or will they issue me a new one? Will I get health insurance for my family? Do they allow overtime? Please let me know so I can inform my family and make the needed adjustments. Again thanks for the help and you are the kind of citizen I am proud to serve and protect.
    Trust me I'm with the government.

Comment

Katha,
      I agree that it won't be too long before local LE is wearing the brown shirt of the federal Gestapo.
      Retired

Comment

Baloney. It's a bill to form task forces to work against terrorism. We've had one in Portland for the past year or more without this bill. It's a joint task force using our knowledge of the local area and their money. It's HR 3514, by the way. The goofball who originally posted it on that website omitted that information.

We've been doing the same thing with drug task forces for 15 years. I've worked on various task forces with DEA, the FBI and ATF starting back in the mid 80's. There is nothing new here and it's not a takeover of local law enforcement.. Sheesh.... How do you sleep at night?
        Last edited by retdetsgt; 11-20-2003, 05:19 PM.
        "Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by retdetsgt
          Baloney. It's a bill to form task forces to work against terrorism. We've had one in Portland for the past year or more without this bill. It's a joint task force using our knowledge of the local area and their money. It's HR 3514, by the way. The goofball who originally posted it on that website omitted that information.

We've been doing the same thing with drug task forces for 15 years. I've worked on various task forces with DEA, the FBI and ATF starting back in the mid 80's. There is nothing new here and it's not a takeover of local law enforcement.. Sheesh.... How do you sleep at night?
          I've served on a few of those task forces that involve the feds, and wellllll.
          Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired
            I've served on a few of those task forces that involve the feds, and wellllll.
            Do you really think those task forces were attempts to take over local law enforcement?

I'm not a fan of the FBI either, but it's not because of their power as much as their incompetency at times. But they seem to have an unlimited amount of money available to them and that's what most local agencies DON'T have. I agree with the eyes rolling, they overinflate their role, etc. but still that bill is nothing like a takeover of local LE. C'mon.... Chicken Little had more factual information than this person....

Comment

Run run for the hills!!!! its its its the FBI! its the federal goverment! OH nooooooooooooooooo
              Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

well well well.... looks who's escaped from the hospital again....
                surly?? screw you....

Comment

Do you really think those task forces were attempts to take over local law enforcement?

I'm not a fan of the FBI either, but it's not because of their power as much as their incompetency at times. But they seem to have an unlimited amount of money available to them and that's what most local agencies DON'T have. I agree with the eyes rolling, they overinflate their role, etc. but still that bill is nothing like a takeover of local LE. C'mon.... Chicken Little had more factual information than this person....
                  No of course I don't think that the task forces are an attempt by the feds. They aren't that smart yet. Incompetent at times, yes! Want to take charge, yes! However, I am still leery of the feds getting more and more involved in local matters. I don't trust them.
                  Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired
                    No of course I don't think that the task forces are an attempt by the feds. They aren't that smart yet. Incompetent at times, yes! Want to take charge, yes! However, I am still leery of the feds getting more and more involved in local matters. I don't trust them.
                    You only trust them once! But their money spends nicely. All in all, we haven't had a problem with them getting involved with local matters. They usually need us to do anything of any value.

The only time I had a problem with them getting involved was when I was working hate crimes just before I retired. Some idiot working a precinct desk advised a woman to call the FBI. The SA took all the evidence and sent it back to Washington before I found out about the case. We could have processed it immediately, but I had to wait for 3 weeks to get anything back. I tried to give them the case, but my commander wouldn't let me. I managed to make an arrest in spite of them rather than because of them. But on a day to day basis, they weren't really a problem. I never felt the need to call them to get information. They called us all the time. I learned to be stingy with it.

Someday I'd love to trade dumb FBI agent stories with you though.

Comment

... dumb FBI agent ...
                      Like the one where his car was stolen when he left it unlocked with his ID/badge, issued weapon, goverment laptop, and a freshly dry-cleaned suit inside while he went to pick up some Preparation H ?
                      Truth fears no trial.

Comment

Originally posted by FTO SGT CARTER
                        Like the one where his car was stolen when he left it unlocked with his ID/badge, issued weapon, goverment laptop, and a freshly dry-cleaned suit inside while he went to pick up some Preparation H ?

Or the one who left his briefcase with ID and gun in a restaurant in the airport. The terminal was closed until they found his gun and ID at the table he left it.
                        Retired

Comment

Why, it's the revenoor come to tax ma whiskey! Maw, git yerself in the double-wide and fetch me ma shotgun!
                          Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

The Federal Bureau of Incompetence running the whole show - YIKES!
                            I can just see the mass exodus to Canada now.
                            All Units Code Zero on one, Code Zero on one...all non-emergency traffic go to TAC-2

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4801 users online. 263 members and 4538 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X