300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car decals

do you pull over a car if they have a union, department decal on the car or a thin blue line sticker?

Can you say eBay?
    Truth fears no trial.

Comment

Don't let the little sticker fool you. I have met alot of people that think they can get out of tickets by putting stickers like that on their vehicles. FOP and other organizations give out associate stickers to people who make donations. I say pull them anyway. If they have a badge then handle that situation like you normally would.

Comment

The same goes for those "I Support Local Law Enforcement" stickers people get for donating to the fly-by-night telemarketing scams that claim to be taking donations to "help support law enforcment efforts in your area." (The next time they call, ask what percentage goes into these efforts, and what percentage they take for 'fundraising'. If their take is more than 15-20%, hang up the phone)

This reminds me of a sticker I saw on a vehicle. It was in the lower forward corner of the rear driver's side window (you know, where you'd be looking upon your approach). It said, "I'm Protected...Pre-Paid Legal Services". I know I'm supposed to make the citation decision before my approach, but seeing something like that on a vehicle I stop is going to toss a lot of discretion out the window. Plus, I'm going to make sure I cover all my legal bases when I write the report.
        Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

Last edited by Invisiblecop; 12-12-2003, 07:22 PM.

Comment

What we give an individual the benefit of the doubt is their demeanor.
            ...and the offense itself. You can have the greatest attitude in the world, but if you're doing 55 in a 20, you're getting a citation.
            Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

Last edited by Invisiblecop; 12-12-2003, 07:23 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4680 users online. 293 members and 4387 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X