300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A just and free world means a world without police

I can't tell if this is a parody or not.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/purple...297587211.html

Whether we call them because of a dispute between neighbors or a robbery, a shooting or sexual violence, the police rarely meet our needs. They don’t help us heal. And they don’t prevent future harm. Rather than serve as advocates for true justice, they use their nearly limitless power to reinforce the oppressive status quo. They threaten us with violence and incarceration and target the most oppressed and vulnerable people in our society. By blaming “crime” and “criminals” instead of systemic oppression for society’s ills, the police exacerbate societal problems, harm citizens, and bar the people from liberation by maintaining the capitalist social order.

For certain, the negative effects of policing outweigh the benefits. In times of falling violent and property crimes, increased spending on police (ergo increased arrests, especially for petty crimes and drug offenses and especially in communities of color) has a host of negative impacts on individuals and communities, with little to no social benefit. Within the communities most affected, police hamper economic mobility, fragment families, and usurp taxpayer dollars which could otherwise be spent on the meaningful work happening to make those same communities safer and healthier.

I'm all for that doosh going away to some deserted island where he can be placed with all the others who feel the same. Set up cameras, and you'll have the best Survivor season ever.
    This Space For Rent

Comment

I'm signing up to drink whatever kool-aid she's swilling. After spending some serious time in the real world, I wanna go to the rainbow fantasy land too…...

Comment

It has to be real. There are many people who "feel" this way. If we could have these people opt out of the system, we would have fewer property and persons crimes to deal with. If only...

Comment

This goes hand-in-hand with the thread about "all calls being handled non-violently"----- great in theory, but pure BS in reality as ant police response is dependent on the call. Which we all know, LEOs have no control over until they arrive & can assess the situation & hopefully those present will comply.

WHY do these bleeding hearts waste their (and our) time with these BS ideas?

Comment

Well ya' know what they say by liberals....
            Originally posted by mookster
            Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
            Originally posted by CityCopDC
            I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
            Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
            I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
            -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Well, it's true. If we had a just and free world, there wouldn't be any police, they would be unnecessary.

But since we've got Earth...

Maybe she has another column entitled "If I had some ham, I could make a ham sandwich, if I had some bread."
              Originally posted by Michigan
              Now that you mention it, who are you?

Comment

Comment

"Claire Van Fossen's blog is part of our Purple Wisconsin project. Van Fossen is a lifelong Sherman Park resident who is deeply dedicated to a vision of a socially just Milwaukee."

Yep, she's real... Real dumb.

Comment

It's real. This is what the hard left believes. There is a key to understanding this. Recently, one of my favorite conservative commentators, Bill Whittle, made a youtube video, in which he addressed the progressive idea of lowering the voting age to 16. What he said about that explains the mindset perfectly (basically, the Left wants a nation of children instead of a nation of adults). Here is a transcript of part of it:

The reason the progressives want teens and pre-teens and non-adults voting is because the younger you get, the more you become based on emotion, the more dependent you are, the less capable you are of reason, the less history you know, the less you can read, the less independent thinking you've done, the fewer assets you have, the less experience you have, the less confidence you have, the more you desire to conform;

you don't have any assets, you don't have any credit, you don't have any discipline, you don't have any hard work, you have any results of any hard work. Needless to say all of these qualities are absolutely superb for progressives, this is in fact exactly what progressives need in order to stay in power, they need a population of children. And it doesn't matter how old those children are, so long as they stay children. So that's what the progressives are looking for: they're looking for a nation of children. We used to be a nation of adults, we're in transition now; whether we can recover our adulthood will remain to be seen, I guess.

That transcript is taken from Bill Whittle's "The Stratosphere Lounge", Episode 92 at 16:52.

https://youtu.be/NRqPwLcTAeY?t=16m52s
                    https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

Part of me really wants to believe that this is satire, but I (unfortunately) know this type of person quite well. They're out there. And they're absolutely this ridiculous.

Comment

If it's real she never matured past the age of 5. Cops rarely meet her needs? Does she need to be coddled, read to and tucked into bed? What a child!

Comment

I knew that was going to get me started ... I knew not to read it. You can't help but watch the train wreck.

I don't want to be labeled a conspiracy theorist, but I'd rather be that than mistaken for a liberal.

The media is bought at a price. The price is ultimately OUR FREEDOM.

Look at print media, and how many of the smaller outlets have been bought by Gannett. When I look at what my hometown paper USED to be compared to now is stark. Now it's kool aid.
                          trust your dog

Comment

I think she has correlation and causation confused. The presence of police may be correlated to an "unjust" society but it does not cause it.

In a truly ideal society there might be no need for the police (i.e. because everyone would get along and no one would lie, cheat, steal, assault, rape, kill, etc) but that is different than saying police cause an unjust society

Comment

What is so ****ing hard about following the law?!???!?!?!?!?!!???!???!

x x 1,000,000

There are areas in Detroit where, due to manpower issues, the neighborhood takes care of itself. And by neighborhood, I mean the drug dealers "police" the neighborhood. They "police" the neighborhood by killing off their enemies, and threatening harm to anyone who snitches. Yeah, that sounds like a great idea to do everywhere. ****ing moron.
                              Last edited by Aerohead; 03-29-2015, 10:25 AM. Reason: Cause I mother****ing felt like it!
                              Originally posted by RSGSRT
                              We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                              Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7422 users online. 264 members and 7158 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X