300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Mauling case

So what does everyone think about the woman getting her 2nd degree murder charge thrown out. Personally I agree. While henious and grossly negligent I don't think there was the intent needed for a 2nd degree murder charge. The judge should have thrown out the charge during the trial though.

And I wonder how it is that she could have been convicted of both 2nd degree murder and involuntary manslaughter. There's only one victim so thats like charging her twice for the same incident.

Now in Idaho I think she could have been charged with voluntary manslaughter because she engaged in a course of conduct which a reasonable person would know might lead to someone's death. You don't need to show intent. That would have gotten her around ten years most likely. I'm curious if California has a murder charge somewhere between involuntary and 2nd degree.

Second murder was an appropriate charge. She knew the dogs were extremely dangerous due to them snapping at people and the fact that the breed itself is dangerous. Both of the vermin convicts were unbelievably callous and uncaring about what happened. Of course, they have strong ties to the Aryan Brotherhood prison gang and were involved in breeding fighting dogs.

The reason she was convicted of both charges was that the jury was instructed with verdict forms for both the more serious charge and the lesser included charge. If they convict on second degree, they also, by definition, convict on manslaughter.

Since the judge allowed the possibility of a second degree conviction (verdict forms and jury instructions as to possible verdicts are approved and read to the jury by the judge), I am baffled as to how he can throw it out. That is sheer judicial incompetence. If he didn't like the possibility of a second degree conviction, he should never have read the instruction in the first place. Just another monkey in a black bathrobe ignoring the law and putting his own personal feelings for guilty criminals before the rights of victims. Look for a recall election to throw his sorry butt off the bench.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

BOTH of these *** holes should have been thrown in a pen with six or eight starving Rots!
      6P1 (retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Don:
        BOTH of these *** holes should have been thrown in a pen with six or eight starving Rots!
        Both of them should be thrown in the pen with starving rots and so should this stupid moron throwing out the conviction. Wat a stupid idiot.
        Law abiding citizens sleep peacefully in their beds solely because dedicated men and women stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

You know, some dogs can be so loving to their owners but absolutely viscious to othr peopl. I don't care how much I loved a dog, the first time they bit someone, it would go.
          I have 2 Yorkies. The female is a dream but the male, well, he's a little dogfully challenged. He is completely devoted to me. And he's the sweetest thing. But let a stranger come in the house and he's a different dog. I changed his actions by accident. A neighbor came over with her 2 year old little girl. I was saying hello to her when the male Yorkie charged the little girl. Out of instinct, I kicked him as he ran past me or he would have bitten her. That didn't stop her and he charged her again. I had just an instant to react and I kicked him up against the wall so hard, I know he saw stars. I yelled at him to get under the bed. You have to know me. I am the ultimate animal lover. The kicks were not planned, they were reflexes. But they taught him a lesson. If he so much as growls at someone, all I have to do is look at him and he hightails it under the bed. And if he ever DOES bite someone, no matter how much I love him, he's gone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6275 users online. 355 members and 5920 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X