Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do prosecutors in your jurisdiction carry?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do prosecutors in your jurisdiction carry?

Okay, folks, I just got my permit to purchase a handgun and am looking at some Glock 9mms under the blue label program for military and LE. I like the 19 and the 26 but think the 19 is more my speed.

Now, in NJ, prosecutors are authorized to carry but it's at the discretion of the county prosecutor. I haven't broached the subject with my boss yet but plan to when my weapon comes in( dealer had to order to get the blue label discount).

Anyway, I know this is a left wing state, but wouldn't you think it's a no brainer since a) I am a reservist who has deployed and slept with a weapon and b) I send bad people to prison for a living?

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post
    Okay, folks, I just got my permit to purchase a handgun and am looking at some Glock 9mms under the blue label program for military and LE. I like the 19 and the 26 but think the 19 is more my speed.

Now, in NJ, prosecutors are authorized to carry but it's at the discretion of the county prosecutor. I haven't broached the subject with my boss yet but plan to when my weapon comes in( dealer had to order to get the blue label discount).

Anyway, I know this is a left wing state, but wouldn't you think it's a no brainer since a) I am a reservist who has deployed and slept with a weapon and b) I send bad people to prison for a living?
    It's completely at the discretion of the prosecutor, or assistant prosecutor.

I think it would behoove a person in that profession to carry. JMHO.
    Last edited by that's my hand; 03-02-2015, 06:02 PM.

Comment

neither of the prosecutors in my county like guns......................nope they don't carry.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I'd have to double check, but I don't believe Az gives any special legal authority to carry a weapon like a cop. Keep in mind that this state no longer requires ccw licenses, so it doesn't really matter, with the exception of specific locations (schools, courts, private businesses, etc...).
        Personally, I'd carry if I were a prosecutor. Our prosecutors here also have investigators. Theycan carry anywhere, just like a cop.

Comment

A "permit" to buy a handgun?

In the words of Larry The Cable Guy, "What the hell is this, Russia?"

Seriously, why not? Just because some states have a de facto ban on carrying guns, doesn't mean that criminals are going to obey it.

Do what you must do to protect yourself, sir.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by judoka View Post
            I'd have to double check, but I don't believe Az gives any special legal authority to carry a weapon like a cop. Keep in mind that this state no longer requires ccw licenses, so it doesn't really matter, with the exception of specific locations (schools, courts, private businesses, etc...).
            Personally, I'd carry if I were a prosecutor. Our prosecutors here also have investigators. Theycan carry anywhere, just like a cop.
            Yeah, we actually have more investigators than prosecutors in our office and they're all sworn LE.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
              neither of the prosecutors in my county like guns......................nope they don't carry.
              You only have two? We have 30 in our office and none carry. I would be the first in a while. The last dude who carried did so under a previous administration.

Again, not sure of how the new folks feel about carrying.

Comment

My next door neighbor is a 20 year Deputy DA and he always carries a gun...
                Retired LASD

Comment

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post
                  You only have two? .
                  One full time elected---------------one part time

I live in a small county
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Prosecutors here are generally anti-gun, and do not carry anything other than a pen.
                    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

One of my Visiting Judges carried a 1911 under his robes...
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                        One of my Visiting Judges carried a 1911 under his robes...
                        One of our sitting judges is a Reserve Navy JAG Commander and is a former Federal Prosecutor. I am almost positive he carries but have never asked him

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                          Prosecutors here are generally anti-gun, and do not carry anything other than a pen.
                          Same with where I work at.

Comment

Anyone who doesn't see the need to or value of carrying should probably move over and play defense.

I don't see how someone could see that much scum and not consider carrying the appropriate tool to scrape it with.

I've met a few prosecutors from north GA and southern TN, and they were all daily carriers.
                            Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 03-03-2015, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Ay one prosecutors in NYC carried. That right was taken away a long time ago. Judges of the NYC Criminal and Civil Courts as well as Justices of the Supreme Court (felony trial level court) in NYC and the suburbs carry as a matter of right

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3342 users online. 144 members and 3198 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X