300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another gem from Reason.........

I am mainly conservative and slightly libertarian, but after having been here at O.com and having gotten a new appreciation for LE, these types of articles bother me a little now:

http://reason.com/blog/2015/02/23/mi...zens-by-steali
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

I will not MMQB, and benefit of the doubt goes with the police.

However, it does seem a bit odd, and in need of an expanded explanation.
    REINSTATE THE TRIG
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    Your logic defies logic
    Originally posted by Rudy8116
    Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
    Originally posted by Michigan
    Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
    Originally posted by TheTick
    A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
    This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
    Originally posted by 02paul09
    Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Originally posted by BiteThePullet View Post
      I will not MMQB, and benefit of the doubt goes with the police.

However, it does seem a bit odd, and in need of an expanded explanation.
      I hear you. I didn't want to offer my opinion on the story specifically either.

Having said that, Reason is not exactly known for taking the side of LE.
      It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by PtownVAMike View Post
        I hear you. I didn't want to offer my opinion on the story specifically either.

Having said that, Reason is not exactly known for taking the side of LE.
        With all due respect, I think reason predominates the thin blue line. It is the idiots who spout nonsense under the guise of intelligent thought that stray from side of reason, often finding themselves with the Sharptons & Holders of the world.
        REINSTATE THE TRIG
        Your logic defies logic
        Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
        This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.

Comment

That article is slanted and trying to hit people's buttons to cause hate and discontent. As always, there's way more to the story...

Comment

Originally posted by BiteThePullet View Post
            With all due respect, I think reason predominates the thin blue line. It is the idiots who spout nonsense under the guise of intelligent thought that stray from side of reason, often finding themselves with the Sharptons & Holders of the world.
            Reason is the name of the publication he posted this from. It's a libertarian publication.

And from reading the article in Reason, it seems pretty cut and dried, you're limited to 12 pot plants including seedlings, you have more than that and you're a dope dealer and treated as such. End of story.

I have zero doubt ... zero ... that at some point, sooner than later, pot's going to be legal throughout the U.S. I don't think it's going to benefit society one iota, but IMO there's no stopping it.

The thing is, it's not wide-open yet, but you have folks bitching and running to the press when they act like it is and get nailed for it.
            Last edited by Ink Stained Wretch; 02-24-2015, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Reason is the name of the publication he posted this from. It's a libertarian publication.

And from reading the article in Reason, it seems pretty cut and dried, you're limited to 12 pot plants including seedlings, you have more than that and you're a dope dealer and treated as such. End of story.

I have zero doubt ... zero ... that at some point, sooner than later, pot's going to be legal throughout the U.S. I don't think it's going to benefit society one iota, but IMO there's no stopping it.

The thing is, it's not wide-open yet, but you have folks bitching and running to the press when they act like it is and get nailed for it.

Referring to something as "cut and dried" in a story having to do with pot is either a very unique coincidence or the mark of a brilliant editorial writer. Either way, kudos are extended!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by Ink Stained Wretch View Post

Whoops, I wondered why it was capitalized. Thanks for the heads up
                REINSTATE THE TRIG
                Your logic defies logic

Comment

Originally posted by mookster View Post
                  That article is slanted and trying to hit people's buttons to cause hate and discontent. As always, there's way more to the story...
                  Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

Referring to something as "cut and dried" in a story having to do with pot is either a very unique coincidence or the mark of a brilliant editorial writer. Either way, kudos are extended!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6968 users online. 391 members and 6577 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X