• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The suspicious as heck looking camera that shutdown the connector in ATL

So, some moron taped this to an overpass:

Resulting in this:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...-street/nj3Nc/

So this raises a good question. Assuming I wanted to take a slow motion video, in a similar situation, would I go get a permit from someone? Notify the PD?

How would you go about doing this so that your bomb-shaped camera doesn't get blown up?
    REINSTATE THE TRIG
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    Your logic defies logic
    Originally posted by Rudy8116
    Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
    Originally posted by Michigan
    Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
    Originally posted by TheTick
    A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
    This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
    Originally posted by 02paul09
    Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/georgia...wn-conn/nj3xc/

GSU: Suspicious device that closed Connector was student project

That suspicious device that shut down the Downtown Connector for more than two hours Monday — the one that resembled a soda can wrapped in duct tape — was a student camera, Georgia State University officials said Tuesday.

“Georgia State University sincerely apologizes for the traffic problems resulting yesterday from the mounting of a student camera at the 14th Street Bridge,” the university said in a statement. “The camera was one of 18 used by students in an art project and deployed at various locations in the city.”

Just after 1:40 p.m. Monday, Officer Kim Jones with the Atlanta Police Department told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that a “tube-shaped object” was found duct-taped to the east side of the bridge.

A passerby called 911 after spotting the object and police closed both directions of the Downtown Connector just before 2 p.m. Two hours later, the Connector remained closed and roads around the city were clogged.

The device was detonated at the bridge about 3:55 p.m., police said. Engineers then inspected the 14th Street Bridge and determined it was safe, a DOT spokeswoman said.

The roads were open well before 5 p.m., but the traffic backups took time to clear. Late Monday, Atlanta police said the device wasn’t explosive, but didn’t say what it thought it had blown up or why it thought it was safe to blow it up. That remained a mystery until about 12:40 p.m. when Georgia State University issued the statement to Channel 2 Action News.

“Georgia State Police,” the university said in the statement, “are closely cooperating with the Atlanta Police Department in the removal of all of the cameras.”

Comment

Originally posted by indy_dibona View Post

So this raises a good question. Assuming I wanted to take a slow motion video, in a similar situation, would I go get a permit from someone? Notify the PD?

How would you go about doing this so that your bomb-shaped camera doesn't get blown up?
        In light of what's been happening around the world, this is definitely NOT a good question!

I don't know who was dumber...the student for making a camera look like an explosive device, or the professor who assigned the "art" project. Looks like a lack of common sense to me. What does one expect will happen? Stay safe!
        Ski

P.S. Don't make a camera look like a bomb!

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if the board of regents sued the department for fascist destruction of property.

I hope they charge the goober that did this with reckless conduct.
          There once was a man who said: "Though,
          it seems that I know that I know,
          what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
          when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

Comment

Doh.

That's all I've got to say about that
            SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
            SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

That's an F, right there...
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

What about that camera looks bomb-like? There's nothing on it that screams "bomb", a bomb could be made to look like most anything.

It seems to me that his sign needed a phone number.

Comment

The answer is in your second sentence.

Comment

I'll take 'When it's Barrett time' for a thousand, Alex

Comment

Originally posted by codemanski View Post
                      In light of what's been happening around the world, this is definitely NOT a good question!

I don't know who was dumber...the student for making a camera look like an explosive device, or the professor who assigned the "art" project. Looks like a lack of common sense to me. What does one expect will happen? Stay safe!
                      Ski

P.S. Don't make a camera look like a bomb!

Originally posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
                      What about that camera looks bomb-like? There's nothing on it that screams "bomb", a bomb could be made to look like most anything.

It seems to me that his sign needed a phone number.
                      You answered your own question
                      REINSTATE THE TRIG
                      Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                      Your logic defies logic
                      Originally posted by Rudy8116
                      Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
                      Originally posted by Michigan
                      Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
                      A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
                      This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
                      Originally posted by 02paul09
                      Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Steve I know you are an attorney and not an EOD Tech so I'll forgive you for not being educated on how to render an explosive safe but you could easily educate yourself on the subject before presuming the result.

EOD regularly uses explosives to DISMANTLE explosive devices without "increasing the explosive magnitude". It is done on IEDs, bombs, mortars, rockets, etc every day. A small explosive charge is placed on or near the device in such a way as the resulting explosion destroys the device. An explosive does not magically detonate. It requires very specific circumstances that another explosion does not create.

Without going down to how components work with each other and step by step instructions, this is all the cliff notes you get on the subject. I gained my knowledge in Afghanistan working with EOD setting up their shots and learning much from them.

Comment

And THATS why we don't allow attorneys to make tactical decisions...

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                            And THATS why we don't allow attorneys to make tactical decisions...

Especially Patent Attorneys.

Comment

This really sounds like a case for a "Conservator of the Peace". Surely, disarming an IAD/ or declaring a camera safe is well within the capabilities of a particular "Conservator" who visits us with car loads of verbiage, none sense, bullsh..t and crap on a fairly regular basis.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6203 users online. 348 members and 5855 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X