300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penal Code Apps for your smart phone

I am looking at getting a penal and vehicle code app. I wanted to know if anyone is using them and which ones would you recommend. I am looking at the app from Packet Topics. Does anyone have any experience with it? Which ones do you recommend?
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

That may be tough to do. Each municipality and state has its own laws that vary.

Comment

CalDOJ has an app. I think it only works for "authorized systems". Have you tried looking for qwik-code and seeing if they have an app? Your department didn't give you copies?
      semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by FireCop203 View Post
        That may be tough to do. Each municipality and state has its own laws that vary.
        Google has an app called DroidLaw, with a Colorado CRS add-on:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...law.addon.co18
        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

I have downloaded US Cop. It is on play store. Has some useful info. It's a digital pocket handbook, basically.

Comment

If you are in California get CopWare. It is the best app for vehicle and penal codes, plus it has the legal resource guide and everything is searchable.

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
              CalDOJ has an app. I think it only works for "authorized systems". Have you tried looking for qwik-code and seeing if they have an app? Your department didn't give you copies?
              I am going to have to look into it. Thanks. I looked at qwik-code. It was the fist place I looked. They do not have an app.
              Last edited by Mrsaints75; 02-07-2015, 05:56 PM.
              "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Comment

Originally posted by Get 10-6 View Post
                I have downloaded US Cop. It is on play store. Has some useful info. It's a digital pocket handbook, basically.
                I'll check this out too. Thanks.

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Comment

Originally posted by CityCop21 View Post
                  If you are in California get CopWare. It is the best app for vehicle and penal codes, plus it has the legal resource guide and everything is searchable.
                  I'll check this out too. Thanks

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Comment

I found the apps to be unreliable. Check out the company "pocket press". I live in NY and they have pocket sized penal law and VTL books which are very useful and updated each year. Not sure if they have a CA version or not.

Comment

I have the Manual for Courts Martial and the UCMJ on my phone
                      Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                      Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

I'd rather flip through my qwikcode, where I can flag and write notes then have to open up, log in, scroll through, update, download, etc on a traffic stop...

This reliance on all things electronic is nauseating...and dangerous.
                        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Theres an iPhone app called KYUOR for KY. I don't know a police officer with an iPhone that doesn't own it.

In addition to laws it has Miranda & Implied Consent.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6326 users online. 314 members and 6012 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X