Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lpstopper
    replied
    Who wants to bet that an "anonymous concerned citizen" is the one who made the initial 911 call to report the suspicious strangers walking through the neighborhood? Its always that citizen who cant mind their own business that call the police for everything.

Leave a comment:

• codemanski
    replied
    Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    Snow is racist...
    Then so is Vanilla Pudding,...and Coconut...and Milk!

Leave a comment:

• AI_guy
    replied
    Originally posted by SamRudolph View Post
    About seven years ago I saw a girl, maybe seven, running a lemonade stand. First one I'd seen in probably ten years before that. I paid her the 50 cents and tipped her $9.50. I love seeing the light bulb come on in a young kid's head where he or she thinks for the first time "Hey, I can work hard, be my own boss, and make a few bucks!"
    I do this frequently while on patrol too.

Leave a comment:

• indy_dibona
    replied
    Wait, no. These weren't kids at all. 2nd article, 4 paragraph reads - "The men the police spoke with are ages 34 and 18, Walsh said, and may have violated an ordinance that regulates people who solicit business by knocking on doors"

So, no, they are not kids. They are adults. They need a permit. Its not "they MAY have violated", its "they DID violate".

Why are people causing a fuss?

Leave a comment:

• Aerohead
    replied
    565.PNG

Hmmm....I wonder why the area is so safe.....could it be that the POLICE ARE DOING THEIR JOBS?!??!

Fvcking morons.
    Last edited by Aerohead; 01-30-2015, 01:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Carbonfiberfoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Top_Recruit View Post
    Did you even read both articles? They weren't kids, they were adults. One was in his 30's at that!

We get calls all the time for suspicious people posing as utility workers and the like. This is no different.

If they stop people (140 in a year apparently) and enforce the town ordinances that the people created, they get grief. If the police don't stop people and distraction burglaries happen, the cops get grief for not doing anything. Lose-lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd only read the first article. LOL @ the 34yr old being reported as a kid.

Leave a comment:

• Top_Recruit
    replied
    Cops stop kids from shoevling snow.

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
    This kind of stuff is ridiculous. I mowed many a yard to make extra cash before I was of the legal age to work. It taught me that hard work is the only thing that pays, and basic economic principals.

I feel sorry that today's youth have to be exposed to such a degree of ever-expanding litigiousness and governmental intrusion.

If kids are looking through windows, throwing rocks, breaking things, trying to get into cars, or known troublemakers, get in their business. If kids are shoveling snow, raking leaves, mowing grass, or selling lemonade, leave them the heck alone.

I know, I know... I wasn't there, I shouldn't be MMQBing... but, come on...
    Did you even read both articles? They weren't kids, they were adults. One was in his 30's at that!

We get calls all the time for suspicious people posing as utility workers and the like. This is no different.

If they stop people (140 in a year apparently) and enforce the town ordinances that the people created, they get grief. If the police don't stop people and distraction burglaries happen, the cops get grief for not doing anything. Lose-lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• asullivan
    replied
    Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    Snow is racist...

*snicker'z*

So is vanilla ice cream'z....

Leave a comment:

• MCAPO
    replied

If kids are looking through windows, throwing rocks, breaking things, trying to get into cars, or known troublemakers, get in their business. If kids are shoveling snow, raking leaves, mowing grass, or selling lemonade, leave them the heck alone.
    I see what you did there......

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Snow is racist...

Leave a comment:

• SamRudolph
    replied
    If kids are shoveling snow, raking leaves, mowing grass, or selling lemonade, leave them the heck alone.

About seven years ago I saw a girl, maybe seven, running a lemonade stand. First one I'd seen in probably ten years before that. I paid her the 50 cents and tipped her $9.50. I love seeing the light bulb come on in a young kid's head where he or she thinks for the first time "Hey, I can work hard, be my own boss, and make a few bucks!"

Leave a comment:

• Carbonfiberfoot
    replied
    Originally posted by btfp View Post
    http://www.examiner.com/article/lowe...id=db_articles

I don't think they stopped them cause they were black . However if the kids look under 18 someone may have explaining to do.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...hovelers_.html

This kind of stuff is ridiculous. I mowed many a yard to make extra cash before I was of the legal age to work. It taught me that hard work is the only thing that pays, and basic economic principals.

I feel sorry that today's youth have to be exposed to such a degree of ever-expanding litigiousness and governmental intrusion.

Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 01-29-2015, 05:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• btfp
    started a topic Cops stop kids from shoevling snow.

Cops stop kids from shoevling snow.

http://www.examiner.com/article/lowe...id=db_articles

I don't think they stopped them cause they were black . However if the kids look under 18 someone may have explaining to do.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...hovelers_.html

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4321 users online. 274 members and 4047 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X