300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Does This Happen????????

Other than the obvious, such as poor BI, stoopidity, etc., How in the world does someone like this get a job like that?

FIXED: http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/l...xville/284938/

Perhaps the Transit Director Dawn Distler, needs to pack her crap and go as well.
    Last edited by swat_op506; 01-27-2015, 04:26 PM.
    SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
    SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Link isn't working.
    Originally posted by Ceridwen
    Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/watchfu...rists_49041565

Probably the same way you can take a mystery man by birth to the WH ........stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

Comment

That man gives hope to all the criminals who post in Ask a Cop.

****I realize he's not sworn.*******

Comment

Hey, he's turning his life around!
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I can't imagine having to report to a felon. Hopefully an inquiry into who hired him takes place. If more qualified applicants existed (for example, anyone who wasn't a known racist felon), I'd love to hear their reasoning in choosing him. I wonder which one of his family members has the connection...
            Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 01-27-2015, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Wow. Its crazy he got put into a supervisory role, he has already shown what he does when he's given power. Guess they'll just have to learn a second time.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
                I am sorry, but I am not sure how this newsworthy.

Mr. Draper was convicted of a crime, paid for his crime, served his time, and now he is a productive member of this society. Not only is he a productive member of the society, but by his two promotions, latest to a supervisory position, he is a valued member of Knoxville Area Transit.

Is that not the way it is suppose to be?

I would like to congratulate Mr. Draper, and wish him in in his new job.

Really? Are you serious? Because that sounded sarcastic as hell, and I really hope it was meant to be.
                SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Simple, they hire humans not robots. What the frick do you expect. Good people can go bad. Bad people can stay bad even with a badge.
                  Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Mr. Draper was convicted of a crime, paid for his crime, served his time, and now he is a productive member of this society. Not only is he a productive member of the society, but by his two promotions, latest to a supervisory position, he is a valued member of Knoxville Area Transit.

IMO, the term "paid for his crime" is taken out of context. There's a lot of guys and gals in this forum who know the law far better than I do, but please allow me to give my own opinion of the law here. When you "pay for your crime" by serving time in a penitentiary it's a sentence. It is not a interest free loan. There are some strings attached after your "debt" has been paid. For example: If you are charged and convicted with a domestic violence crime, you cannot carry a concealed weapon. So, just because you "Paid" your debt to society you still can't own or possess a handgun and you are permanently disqualified from entering active duty in the military. So, with the mindset you have it's almost like hitting the reset button on a video game. When someone commits a crime they stick to you forever, (unless a judge says otherwise) and that's the part some people don't understand. JMHO.

Comment

You are either one of the most dedicated trolls that I've seen in action in quite some time, or genuinely naive.

Regretfully, my life experience has taught me that people don't change. They may learn how to better cover their tracks and more effectively fly under the radar, but if they are a turd at about 11, they'll still be a turd at 50. There are rare exceptions, but I know too much about statistics to give people like Mr. Draper the benefit of the doubt. He's the one who crapped his bed (while in a position of power, no less), he gets to lay in it for the rest of his life.

Comment

I wish I had a nickel for every convicted felon that has "paid for his crime", re-offended and was returned into the penal system!
                        True rehabilitation can only come from within....so promotions have very little to do with it!

Ski

Comment

Originally posted by swat_op506 View Post
                          Really? Are you serious? Because that sounded sarcastic as hell, and I really hope it was meant to be.
                          Oh, he's dead serious, swat_op.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                            I can't imagine having to report to a felon. Hopefully an inquiry into who hired him takes place. If more qualified applicants existed (for example, anyone who wasn't a known racist felon), I'd love to hear their reasoning in choosing him. I wonder which one of his family members has the connection...
                            That's the key point for me. I don't have a problem with his career being in numerous other areas.

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
                              Simple, they hire humans not robots. What the frick do you expect. Good people can go bad. Bad people can stay bad even with a badge.
                              You obviously misunderstand my question.
                              How does a FELON ex-cop get a job with a large cities transit system as supervisor of safety? I "frickin" expect executives in Knoxville to get their heads out of their ***es.
                              SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4712 users online. 276 members and 4436 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X