300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man opens fire on police during Minnesota city council meeting

(CNN)A man opened fire on police attending a swearing-in ceremony for new officers in New Hope, Minnesota, on Monday night.

Two officers were shot before police returned fire, killing the man. The officers are expected to survive.

The shooting happened right after two newly-sworn in officers left the chambers.

As a city council member began a discussion of a resolution, a man with a handgun began firing, said Hennepin County Chief Deputy Mike Carlson.

Officials don't yet know why the man targeted officers. His name hasn't been released.

The city council records their meetings and video cameras captured the sound of the gunshots.

"Get down! Get down! Everybody get down!," a city council member is heard saying.

"Somebody got shot!" another says.

The New Hope City Hall is across the street from a retirement home.

Soon after the shooting, about 30 police cars descended on the scene. Officers looked through windows of parked cars to make sure there wasn't a second suspect.

"To have it happen right across the street from our home, with police officers in parking lots with drawn guns, it's scary, very scary," resident Linda Townsend told CNN affiliate WCCO.
    Stay safe out there...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/27/us/min...hot/index.html
    Last edited by mcanton12; 01-27-2015, 05:37 AM.

Notice the Councilman to the left of the screen pulling his gun? I happened to be watching the video while my wife was watching the Today Show which showed portions of the same video. I noticed that the video shown by the Today Show you could not tell that the Councilman to the left had a gun.

Comment

That's my kind of councilman.

Comment

Originally posted by JonathanE View Post
        Notice the Councilman to the left of the screen pulling his gun? I happened to be watching the video while my wife was watching the Today Show which showed portions of the same video. I noticed that the video shown by the Today Show you could not tell that the Councilman to the left had a gun.
        You could definitely tell on the video shown on Good Morning America------------the anchors even noted it on air

Originally posted by just joe View Post
        That's my kind of councilman.
        Our city council has a deputy sheriff as the mayor, and 2 retired PD officers as councilors..................
        Last edited by Iowa #1603; 01-27-2015, 08:37 AM.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

That Councilman is a Police.
          Good for killing the shooter right there! No hands up, tactical retreat crap...
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Another story on the homepage here states the councilman is a Public Information Officer with the Minneapolis PD

Comment

I applaud the balls on the Councilman.

Wishing the injured officers a speedy recovery, and the shooter to rot in Hell.
              Last edited by dauntless89; 01-27-2015, 12:52 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Nutjob. Glad he got what he deserved, and hope the officers recover quickly
                REINSTATE THE TRIG
                Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                Your logic defies logic
                Originally posted by Rudy8116
                Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
                Originally posted by Michigan
                Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
                Originally posted by TheTick
                A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
                Originally posted by TheTick
                This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
                Originally posted by 02paul09
                Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery for the officers. Please watch your backs and each others.

Stay safe.

Comment

Funny how this gets little to no attention from the media, but if a Officer kills a guy whose shooting at him, s**t hits the fan.

Comment

Originally posted by tj05 View Post
                      Funny how this gets little to no attention from the media, but if a Officer kills a guy whose shooting at him, s**t hits the fan.
                      It was on nearly every newscast I watched yesterday......................on at least three of the major broadcast channels
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4624 users online. 305 members and 4319 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X