300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COP IN UK NEEDS YOUR HELP

I'm a British cop working as part of a pro-active surveillance team in the UK. I love being a cop and have done so for all my career. There's only one problem though I want to do my job in the U.S. where I grew up.
    I applied for a Green Card a year ago and have just been told that the INS are still looking at applications from 1994!! Rather than lose heart and give up my dream I'm asking for your help. Does anyone know a cop employed from the UK? Would any force sponsor a hard working cop from abroad?
    Any suggestions or advice would be gratefully recieved. Stay safe.

Welcome to officer.com, Constable Thorburn.

Normally, I would have moved this to Ask A Cop forum, but through some quirk of the BB, I was unable to do so. I will close the posts you made in the other forums though, and ask that all responses be made here.

Good luck in your quest. Be safe,
    Dave Kiefner
    [i]Die Wahrheit ist eine Perle. Werfen sie nicht vor die S

Comment

I was an officer in the UK and obtained a Green Card to live and work in the US. Some departments in Texas, Colorado and Alaska will accept a Green Card Holder for employment. Forget about sponsorship Green Card only. I applied for my Green Card in 2000 and was awarded it within a month of the application. What did you file under, did you have proper representation etc or go it alone? If so on what basis? Yes it is costly to hire the right people but how much do you want it?
      Stay Safe.
      "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm" - George Orwell

Comment

Welcome to our forum, PC THORBURN! I do hope that things work out for you.
        6P1 (retired)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3232 users online. 150 members and 3082 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X