Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ben & Jerry's "Hands-up, don't shoot" BS...........

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben & Jerry's "Hands-up, don't shoot" BS...........

I saw this in the Squad Room forum, but me being non-LE, I copied the OP and decided to share it here:

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
    Though the phrase has been roundly discredited from being a factual element in the police shooting of Michael Brown based on forensic evidence, Ben Cohen, of Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream wants Ben and Jerry’s stores to sell t-shirts that read “HANDS UP DON’T SHOOT” as a way to help end “police oppression”. Cohen’s crusade against “police brutality” was also picked up by at least one local store, in Athens, GA, where this was posted to their Facebook page:

“Our scoop shop managers got to meet THE Ben and Jerry at the annual franchisee/manager retreat! Stay tune to see how our shop will implement Ben’s take on “hands up don’t shoot” campaign to address police brutality and empower children of color.”

Yesterday however, after a social media backlash to the co-founder’s statements, Ben and Jerry’s released this not-so-apologetic statement on their website:

“Ben & Jerry’s deeply respects and appreciates all those who protect and serve our communities. We do not subscribe to the narrative that we have to choose between black lives and blue lives. All lives matter.

There is injustice rooted in race in our society. This is an important issue and is deserving of efforts from all including businesses, organizations and individuals to further peace and understanding in our communities. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said it best: “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

While the Hands Up Don’t Shoot campaign is not being conducted by Ben & Jerry’s business, we support our cofounders as individuals and our independent franchisees to express their values and be activists in their community.”

This is the same organization that was put on a boycott list for LEOs for donating to the defense fund of convicted cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal.

I haven't bought anything B&J since they supported Mumia (or whatever the savage's name is). Somebody should tell this moron that #Black Lives Matter...(unless killed by other blacks) is a fraud.
    It's been a while since I had B&J ice cream, and I have no desire at this point to have any again.
    Last edited by PtownVAMike; 01-26-2015, 05:53 PM.
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

I saw this too, but figured that two posts on the same topic would violate a forum rule or something.

Anyways, add this to the list of products I will no longer buy.
    REINSTATE THE TRIG
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    Your logic defies logic
    Originally posted by Rudy8116
    Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
    Originally posted by Michigan
    Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
    Originally posted by TheTick
    A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
    This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
    Originally posted by 02paul09
    Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Ohhh ok. If that is the case, then I'll be sure to not do that again........
      It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by PtownVAMike View Post
        Ohhh ok. If that is the case, then I'll be sure to not do that again........
        Well, to be honest, I have no idea if it is permitted or not, I just figured that I better not violate either a written rule or one of the seemingly never ending unwritten ones
        REINSTATE THE TRIG
        Your logic defies logic
        Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
        This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.

Comment

There's about a thousand places in New England alone that have better ice cream than Ben & Jerry's AND don't use part of my money to pay for far left causes. Here's hoping their next batch curdles.
          "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
          -Chris Rock

Comment

Well....Ive loved Ben & Jerry's ice cream products for years....

I shall now be casting them aside for Baskin Robbins!

Comment

BJ is just sugar... **** them.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

There's only one B&J that matters, and it ain't Ben & Jerry's.
                I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                  There's only one B&J that matters, and it ain't Ben & Jerry's.
                  B&J's Sub Sandwiches?

Comment

Originally posted by Miller11x View Post
                    B&J's Sub Sandwiches?
                    That brought back a memory...

When I was in high school every now & then I would go to a butcher shop to get a sandwich for lunch. Their slogan was "you can't beat our meat!"
                    This Space For Rent

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post

When I was in high school every now & then I would go to a butcher shop to get a sandwich for lunch. Their slogan was "you can't beat our meat!"
                      At least not without a little extra tip....

In the tip jar, of course
                      REINSTATE THE TRIG
                      Your logic defies logic

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post

Best slogan ever was a radio commercial for Corn Nuts.

A jingle called "Bust a Nut."
                        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller11x View Post
                          B&J's Sub Sandwiches?
                          Burger King ran these controversial ads in Singapore in 2009.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8hS9HlO_Mq.../s1600/url.jpg

http://www.adweek.com/files/imagecac...bk_blow_ad.png
                          https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

Thanks for the info, another minute saved by narrowing my options at the ice cream case.

Comment

Originally posted by Max K View Post
                              Only 7"? No wonder it failed.
                              September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3499 users online. 186 members and 3313 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X