300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obstruction?

If this doesn't get thrown out, I will eat my hat.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story...police-officer

It would fly here. I would personally go with disorderly conduct (city charge), but the old guy had no reason to yell at the officer like he did. He came off as hostile and aggressive, which would cause me to be unable to focus on my traffic stop like I should, instead having to look at the truck I stopped and directly behind me at the old guy's car.
    Originally posted by Ceridwen
    Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Originally posted by dontknowwhy View Post
      It would fly here. I would personally go with disorderly conduct (city charge), but the old guy had no reason to yell at the officer like he did. He came off as hostile and aggressive, which would cause me to be unable to focus on my traffic stop like I should, instead having to look at the truck I stopped and directly behind me at the old guy's car.
      But, it was a cranky 84 year old fossil hollering to shut the "doggone" light off because he couldn't see. I don't see the charge getting any traction.

Comment

I could see the guy getting pinched with obstructing if he actually stopped for longer than 15 seconds to give the officer a "piece of his mind", but it appears in the video that he yelled at him as he was going by. Obstructing is definitely a stretch...

Comment

Would not fly here, especially without a warning to stop the conduct.

Comment

**** the old guy. He can turn away from it or just shut up and drive on. Idiots like that get cops killed.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

It seems to me that there was no need for him to do that. Other than just flat out rude, if it was that disturbing, he could wait for the officer to finish conducting his business, then approach and talk, calmly, about why he felt the officer is in the wrong (which still baffles me). This doesn't seem like obstructing though - if he had gotten out of his car and in the officer's face, then it would be a different story, but the way it stands, I couldn't see it.
              REINSTATE THE TRIG
              Originally posted by Iowa #1603
              Your logic defies logic
              Originally posted by Rudy8116
              Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
              Originally posted by Michigan
              Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
              Originally posted by TheTick
              A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
              Originally posted by TheTick
              This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
              Originally posted by 02paul09
              Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Obstruction?

A letter to the DMV for the old man to have his driving abilities and license reevaluated might be in order. If he no longer remembers police lights are needed for a traffic stop, or is having trouble driving near them at simple parking lot speeds, he may be a danger to himself and the public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dudes too old to remember Red and Blues. Definetly they need to take his license. I don't know why he would make that comment. Obviously being old and ignorant ain't going to cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Long Relief View Post
                    But, it was a cranky 84 year old fossil hollering to shut the "doggone" light off because he couldn't see. I don't see the charge getting any traction.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6z8q4lOrDU

This was just a cranky old guy, too, until he pulled out his rifle.

And somescreename04, the guy obviously stuck around since all the officer said was "excuse me?!?" and finished his traffic stop before citing the old guy.
                    Originally posted by Ceridwen
                    Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

If I can recall correctly, I thought I'd seen a news story a little while back where officers in a small town in Texas had to shoot an elderly woman who wouldn't drop a firearm when ordered to (I believe she was in the neighborhood of 80yrs). So I could see why the officer in this situation was distracted from his stop.

Comment

Another "ignore" candidate
                        September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

If the lights were LED the old codger could have been blinded. Those things are bright and can blind people. Obstruction is not going to fly here for that. He said his piece and moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by dontknowwhy View Post
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6z8q4lOrDU

This was just a cranky old guy, too, until he pulled out his rifle.

And somescreename04, the guy obviously stuck around since all the officer said was "excuse me?!?" and finished his traffic stop before citing the old guy.
                            I was going to post the Trooper Vetter video, but this also gets the message across.
                            I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sooner2000 View Post
                              If I can recall correctly, I thought I'd seen a news story a little while back where officers in a small town in Texas had to shoot an elderly woman who wouldn't drop a firearm when ordered to (I believe she was in the neighborhood of 80yrs). So I could see why the officer in this situation was distracted from his stop.
                              84yo woman was denied her license renewal. That evening, she wanted her keys and her nephew wouldn't give them to her, so she grabbed her pistol. He called the police, she refused to drop the weapon and, according to her nephew, fired a round into the ground. The was shot and killed.

Then the Richard Cranium mayor marched with the protestors and stated that he was going to push for the city council to fire the officer, before the investigation even got started.

Oh, by the way, he was cleared of any wrongdoing.
                              I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3142 users online. 169 members and 2973 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X