300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body cam of Muskogee, Oklahoma OIS

The quick back story on this is that police were called to a wedding where a subject had reportedly made threats to shoot a wedding goer. Witnesses also advised that he had brandished a firearm. The video begins with the officer arriving on scene and making contact with the subject.

I read a post on another forum where one guy said he wasn't sure if the shooting was justified because the suspect "dropped his gun and was just going to pick it up". This proceeded the comment of the guy who really felt the cop should have gone for a "disabling shot to the leg".
    Last edited by elchorizo; 01-23-2015, 05:25 PM. Reason: clarification

good shooting
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Looks like a good shoot to me.

Comment

Good Shooting. Curious to know if Muskogee PD had body cams pre-or-post MB incident. Man, I had to re-watch that when the chase ensued - but beforehand I asked myself, how many shots were fired - I guessed wrong when I went to replay it.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepage1/...4332a6cdd.html

Oh, and at around 42 seconds or 43 seconds you see the suspect with a female subject; according to the female witness, the suspect was trying to hand her his gun when approached by the officer. Prior, he had threatened his ex-girlfriend throughout the day who was in the church by saying he had a "bullet with her name on it.."
        Last edited by MCAPO; 01-23-2015, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Gotta say it looks good to me. I have taken an OIS class taught by a former Metro Dade SGT. and he said it is very easy to justify a shooting such as this. How hard is it for someone to stop, turn, and take a shot or two then continue running. Sounded like the bad guy was cocked, locked, and ready to rock. The right person got to go home. I don't care what the guy's color was, stupid is as stupid does. He was looking at a weapon's charge and maybe a menacing charge, instead he got life..........his.

PS
          Not bad shooting. What was that, about 15-20 yards. At least he didn't do the NY shoot where the gun runs dry. Sorry NY.
          Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

I am not a police officer, but I don't know how anyone can say this isn't a justified shooting. I think body cams may vindicate many police officers in the future.

Comment

Excellent!
              Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none - William Shakespeare
              Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.- James Mattis
              It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cFL80PN3wA&sns=em

Comment

Originally posted by dsplightz View Post
                I think body cams may vindicate many police officers in the future.
                I have no problems with cameras.................film me all you want boss......................

The problem is going to come when we have to store all that footage, and even more so when Freedom of Information requests start coming in from Joe Smith citizen wanting that footage from when I was in neighbor John Blow's house . Just because he was curious what was going on next door.

I think if body cams are going to be MANDATED, the FOI law are going to have to be drastically re-written to prevent problems in privacy AND in manpower costs for retrieval of video
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

^ Agreed.

Can anyone make out what the distraught witness is shouting? All I can understand is "don't shoot no more," etc.

Comment

Justified to me.

Comment

Originally posted by dauntless89 View Post
                      ^ Agreed.

Can anyone make out what the distraught witness is shouting? All I can understand is "don't shoot no more," etc.
                      That is exactly what he is saying................that and "Let me check on him"

Comment

Originally posted by dauntless89 View Post
                        ^ Agreed.

According to some articles....that guy shouting was the pastor from the church. He told the news that he was trying to tend to the suspect however....he was not aware that the suspect was armed and his condition was unknown.....and still dangerous. He told the news that he believed the officer was professional and acted appropriately

Comment

*********double tap*****************
                          Last edited by MCAPO; 01-23-2015, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                            That is exactly what he is saying................that and "Let me check on him"
                            Got it. I can hear it now. He also makes comments about being the pastor.
                            Last edited by dauntless89; 01-23-2015, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MCAPO View Post
                              He told the news that he believed the officer was professional and acted appropriately
                              You can hear the officer when the guy stated "Please don't shoot no more"..........the officer stated more than once "Sir, I am not going to "................he called the witness "Sir" multiple times when ordering him to get back. He never once threatened him (as I probably would have after the multiple directions to get back). The officer showed extreme calm in the aftermath of the shooting.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4230 users online. 223 members and 4007 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X