300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 full size guns?

So, I was watching the new episode of COPS that I DVR'd from Saturday and I noticed something from 2 of the officers that I've never seen before (aside from nobody getting Tased - BORING!).

An officer from Mobile, Alabama had one gun on his belt on his right side on his belt and another on the front of his external vest. Another officer from Independence, Missouri had a gun on his right side on his belt and another on a drop-down leg holster on his left with extra mags.

At first I thought they were maybe Tasers; but after a closer look, they were definitely guns. I have NEVER seen this before.

I know all about carrying a BUG, but it's usually hidden (ankle, internal vest, etc.).

Just struck me as really odd.
    Originally posted by RSGSRT
    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Maybe they were packing extra heat because a "price", so to speak, has been put on their heads.

But more seriously, it could have been a department policy or allowance, that permits officers to take extra firearms to higher-risk areas.

I realize that "COPS" has a lot of TV drama, but....................
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Still doesn't compete with the nunchuk's cop

Comment

I worked with some USMS guys who carried on both hips. Friggin AWESOME! And they could shoot! THAT right there was Western Policing at its finest.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
          So, I was watching the new episode of COPS that I DVR'd from Saturday and I noticed something from 2 of the officers that I've never seen before (aside from nobody getting Tased - BORING!).

An officer from Mobile, Alabama had one gun on his belt on his right side on his belt and another on the front of his external vest. Another officer from Independence, Missouri had a gun on his right side on his belt and another on a drop-down leg holster on his left with extra mags.

At first I thought they were maybe Tasers; but after a closer look, they were definitely guns. I have NEVER seen this before.

I know all about carrying a BUG, but it's usually hidden (ankle, internal vest, etc.).

Just struck me as really odd.

Apparently you’re watching the wrong Cop shows.

Comment

At LAPD we were allowed BUGs but they HAD to be concealed.

Only SWAT members on missions had two 1911 handguns visible, one with a mounted light, one without (often loaded with ball ammo for shattering glass, or other penetration needs).
            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

N
              Originally posted by PtownVAMike View Post
              Maybe they were packing extra heat because a "price", so to speak, has been put on their heads.

But more seriously, it could have been a department policy or allowance, that permits officers to take extra firearms to higher-risk areas.

I realize that "COPS" has a lot of TV drama, but....................
              I agree to disagree. What Drama? Drama = Fiction... These episodes aren't contrived or staged, it's "Real Time" police work.
              Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

Two is one, one is none.

Comment

Some of the ****tiest police work at times then. They are performing for the cameras.
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Now I have heard of some really good shots in the LEO community but, boys (and girls), take some notes...

Comment

Originally posted by that's my hand View Post
                      Now I have heard of some really good shots in the LEO community but, boys (and girls), take some notes...
                      Wow. 7 billion people on the planet. Somebody's gotta be the fastest (with a revolver). Unbelievable.
                      https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

Originally posted by MCAPO View Post
                        Still doesn't compete with the nunchuk's cop
                        I don't think ANYTHING can EVER compete with that guy!
                        We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                        Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

I've been watching COPS pretty much since it first came on TV. Used to be a staple of my youth - watching COPS on Saturday night and then CBC's Hockey Night in Canada (with Don Cherry) while falling asleep during the late game.

*sigh*

Good memories....

I watch it now with my kids.

Comment

Can confirm that COPS is a great show. Even if it is all dramatized

....but nunchucks make such a good duty weapon....
                            REINSTATE THE TRIG
                            Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                            Your logic defies logic
                            Originally posted by Rudy8116
                            Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
                            Originally posted by Michigan
                            Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
                            Originally posted by TheTick
                            A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
                            Originally posted by TheTick
                            This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
                            Originally posted by 02paul09
                            Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                              I've been watching COPS pretty much since it first came on TV. Good memories.....
                              I had the good fortune of being able to watch "unaired" episodes of COPS growing up by virtue of living in some of the schittiest hoods in SoCal. I rememeber the episode where they came and got my second oldest brother. That one turned out to be the most freqeuntly viewed episode in the house.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5070 users online. 289 members and 4781 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X