X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moron attempts to rob the wrong customer at GA Sonic, pays with his life

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/one-dek...th-murd/njrtW/

One DeKalb Sonic robber dead, one charged with murder

One of the men involved in a robbery attempt at a Sonic restaurant in DeKalb County Sunday night is dead, and another has been charged with murder, DeKalb Police said.

Kenneth Brayboy, 19, died Monday afternoon after the incident in which a drive-through customer who was being robbed pulled a gun and shot at his attackers.

The victim, 23-year-old Joseph Toombs, is not facing any charges, police said.

However, Desmond McKnight, 17, has been charged with murder, criminal attempt-armed robbery and tampering with evidence.

In Georgia, a person can be charged with murder if, as a result of the person’s criminal act, another person is killed — even if that other person is part of the criminal group, police said. McKnight was involved in the act of attempting to commit an armed robbery that resulted in the death of Brayboy, police said.

The investigation is ongoing for a possible third suspect.

Police earlier told Channel 2 Action News that Toombs was placing an order at the Sonic on Flat Shoals Parkway when a group of men approached him, demanding money. They did not know he was armed.

“The victim had his own handgun (and) was able to shoot the suspect, who fell to the ground,” DeKalb police Lt. Mark Lavigne said. The other men fled...

I love that statute. Every state should have that! Good for them!

Comment

"Something has to be done about these random shootings!" - say certain voices from Washington........

"Think of the children!"
      It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by PtownVAMike View Post
        "Something has to be done about these random shootings!" - say certain voices from Washington........

"Think of the children!"
        To which one must reply, "We ARE thinking about the children, the one's we have at home who depend on us for financial, moral, and parental support."

Comment

Oh, I so love being able to charge someone with felony murder in Georgia.

O.C.G.A. 16-5-1 (2010)
          16-5-1. Murder; felony murder

(a) A person commits the offense of murder when he unlawfully and with malice aforethought, either express or implied, causes the death of another human being.

(b) Express malice is that deliberate intention unlawfully to take the life of another human being which is manifested by external circumstances capable of proof. Malice shall be implied where no considerable provocation appears and where all the circumstances of the killing show an abandoned and malignant heart.

(c) A person also commits the offense of murder when, in the commission of a felony, he causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.

(d) A person convicted of the offense of murder shall be punished by death, by imprisonment for life without parole, or by imprisonment for life.
          There once was a man who said: "Though,
          it seems that I know that I know,
          what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
          when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

Comment

One thing I noticed: The report referred to the shooter properly. He and not the robber who got killed was referred to as the victim. It is about time that someone in the media figured this simple concept out
            In God We Trust
            Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

I hope the TRUE VICTIM - the armed citizen - is able to sleep soundly at night.....and safe at home with his family.

I have little doubt that he actually may have saved the taxpayers of Georgia hundreds of thousands of dollars, prevented future felonies being committed by a "young" criminal who probably had a long 'career' ahead of him AND, most importantly, likely saved other innocent people in that area from becoming FUTURE victims of the now deceased thug.

Stories such as THIS are more proof of how an armed society is a safer society. Had this occurred in a leftist utopia such as Maryland, New Jersey or Illinois, the criminal "wolf" would only be emboldened to go and victimize even more of the "sheep" in those states.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Blue View Post
                One thing I noticed: The report referred to the shooter properly. He and not the robber who got killed was referred to as the victim. It is about time that someone in the media figured this simple concept out
                LB, I did a double take to make sure I read "victim" right ... I had to re-read it to make sure I had the context of the word right.

Comment

The easy money wasn't so easy after all.

Comment

And that definitely ain't "how you Sonic"
                    It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

This wasn't lost on me either. Although, I'm quite positive if the suspect was shot by LE, he would be the victim.

Stay safe.
                      Last edited by Country_Jim; 01-20-2015, 07:54 PM.

Comment

That's interesting:

The media referred to the shooter properly.
                        That is unusual and unexpected.

Why is it unusual and unexpected? I think it is because of the left-leaning media's obsession with "equality" (sameness):

1. If somebody's rich, you gotta tax 'em so heavily that they are hopefully pulled down to everybody else's level of money (so everybody is the same).

2. Illegal immigrants should not be called 'illegals': change the definition or change the law, but whatever you do,
                        make sure they are just like American citizens, so that everybody is the same.

3. If a criminal commits a crime, and is shot dead in the process, that's not 'equality', because the criminal is
                        dead while everybody else is still alive. 'Equality' demands that either everybody is dead, or everybody is alive.
                        The person who ends up dead is the most unequal, so that person is the true victim.

Notice the lack of moral distinction: one of these days, the left will say that to call a criminal a 'criminal' is discriminatory, or hate speech, since everybody's the same: that's the (absurd) end result of their obsession with 'equality'.
                        https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

Originally posted by Country_Jim View Post
                          This wasn't lost on me either. Although, I'm quite positive if the suspect was shot by LE, he would be the victim.

Stay safe.
                          This is sad, but very true.

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post
                            Stories such as THIS are more proof of how an armed society is a safer society.
                            c'mon now, we all know that guns are NEVER used defensively. Mike the Leprechaun and Shannon Whatsherface said so.

/s/

Good shooting for this guy.
                            Last edited by JustAJ; 02-16-2015, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Kid was a marine. Just getting off of work. Perp saw a easy target and picked the worst possible target ever. Good slushies at that sonic though, good ice to juice content lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3170 users online. 152 members and 3018 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X