300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Victim of 9/11

To those of you who served as a first responder in NYC on 9/11, you probably have already seen a number of your bros and sisters succumb to the pollutants from the ridiculous levels of toxicity in the air that day. This is worse than what appears on the surface. There's no reason other than orders from the top to allow these men and women to put themselves in a ridiculously hazardous environment and work. So many K-9's have died as well and NO ONE seems to ever properly address this - or at least from what I've seen.

My condolences to Deputy Chief Steve Bonano ....

http://www.officer.com/news/12035875...related-cancer

Originally posted by Steve856
    My condolences to the first responders who paid with their lives.

I don't think that anyone thought of possible harmful materials in the debris of the World Trade Center. Neither the first responders, nor their supervisors. I think that everyone tried to do their best.

Here it is Steve, It's called guts. It's what John Wayne described as being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. It's about men and women, who answered the call, did the damned job, and who are maligned, second guessed, criticized, and attacked just about every day, by corrupt, gutless, clueless politicians, and an equally corrupt, ignorant, and ill informed so called media.

While I personally thank you for your condolences, and while I'll assume they're sincere, they seem a little out of place, given the tone of so many of your posts and observations. Many of which seem to place you in that category of people who really have little place on this forum. Merely a random thought, for which I am totally responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by that's my hand View Post
      To those of you who served as a first responder in NYC on 9/11, you probably have already seen a number of your bros and sisters succumb to the pollutants from the ridiculous levels of toxicity in the air that day. This is worse than what appears on the surface. There's no reason other than orders from the top to allow these men and women to put themselves in a ridiculously hazardous environment and work. So many K-9's have died as well and NO ONE seems to ever properly address this - or at least from what I've seen.

My condolences to Deputy Chief Steve Bonano ....

http://www.officer.com/news/12035875...related-cancer
      They told us all it was safe....
      "The wicked flee when no man pursueth
      but the righteous are bold as a lion"

Proverbs 28:1, inscription beneath NLEOM lion.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Highwaylaw View Post
        They told us all it was safe....
        I know ... I've followed it quite a bit. It's always been a big question mark in my mind why that gal said the levels were safe. I've done a little work in hazardous materials, and I took a couple short seminars out at William and Mary, but nothing major of course, just to touch the surface. However, knowing what I DO KNOW about the standards according to the CFR's there's always a Upper and lower threshold limit to what a person can work in safely. I've scanned a few articles about the types of materials used during that period of time, including asbestos and lead paint, and the size of the particulates was obviously a hazard to the lungs. I don't know all the facts but to come out and say its safe seemed too good to be true then, and of course now watching men and women taking 25 drugs a day EVERY day to stay alive is awful. JMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
          My condolences to the first responders who paid with their lives.

I don't think that anyone thought of possible harmful materials in the debris of the World Trade Center. Neither the first responders, nor their supervisors. I think that everyone tried to do their best.
          and nobody cared at that point. Only one thing mattered.
          September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Rest in peace Deputy Chief Bonano.

Comment

Sadly over the years we will have more threads like this one. I still pray to God this is the last one tho.

Comment

The greatest testimony to the memory of the heroes who paid the ultimate price long after that day is the fact that even knowing the cost they would have done the job anyhow. Rest easy Chief.
                In God We Trust
                Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Blue View Post
                  The greatest testimony to the memory of the heroes who paid the ultimate price long after that day is the fact that even knowing the cost they would have done the job anyhow. Rest easy Chief.
                  long-winded comment written, rewritten and finally deleted Good comment.
                  https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

Rip Chief.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/03/ny...suit.html?_r=0

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6304 users online. 335 members and 5969 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X