Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Infamous "Im a garsh darn Vietnam Vet!" POS cop killer finally executed.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infamous "Im a garsh darn Vietnam Vet!" POS cop killer finally executed.

If there is a person that has been through any LEO,Armed security or firearm self defense training and has not seen this video then I envy you(if at all squemish dont watch,definetley dont listen).

[b]JACKSON, Ga. – A man who fatally shot a sheriff's deputy who stopped him for speeding on a Georgia interstate was put to death Tuesday for the 1998 killing, which was captured on the patrol car's video camera.

Andrew Howard Brannan, 66, was pronounced dead at 8:33 p.m. Tuesday after a single-drug injection at the state prison in Jackson. He was convicted of the January 1998 shooting death of Kyle Dinkheller, a 22-year-old sheriff's deputy in Laurens County, central Georgia.

"I extend my condolences to the Dinkheller family, especially Kyle's parents and his wife and his two children," Brannan said in a statement moments before the injection was administered.

Lawyers for Brannan, a Vietnam veteran, had unsuccessfully argued to authorities to spare the inmate's life, saying the shooting was tied to mental illness directly traced to Brannan's military service.

Dinkheller had stopped Brannan for driving 98 mph and demanded he take his hands from his pockets during a traffic stop, officials said Brannan then began cursing, dancing in the street and saying "shoot me" before he rushed the deputy. After a scuffle, Brannan pulled a high-powered rifle from his car and shot Dinkheller at least nine times, authorities said.

The confrontation was captured by a video camera in Dinkheller's patrol car and a microphone he wore. Parts including the scuffle between the two happened off camera, according to court documents. But Dinkheller can be heard yelling orders at Brannan, who responded with expletives, authorities said. Brannan can also be seen crouching by his car and firing at the deputy as Dinkheller yelled at him to stop. Brannan walked toward the patrol car, still firing, exhausted one magazine, reloaded and continued firing, authorities said.

Police found Brannan the next day hiding under a camouflage tarp near his home. He had been shot in the stomach, apparently by Dinkheller.

Dinkheller, who was married, had been promoted months before to an elite interstate highway squad. He had nearly three years with the sheriff's department.

The Georgia Board of Pardons and Paroles held a hearing Monday on a petition for clemency from Brannan's lawyers and denied the request to commute the sentence to life without parole.

"Is it right to execute a mentally-ill veteran whose sole incidence of violent behavior is traceable directly and inexorably to mental illness resulting from his combat service?" Brannan's lawyers had written in that clemency petition.

Brannan volunteered to serve in the U.S. Army in 1968 and received two Army Commendation Medals and a Bronze Star for his service in the Vietnam War, the clemency petition said, adding he was repeatedly exposed to death and violence in Vietnam.

Veterans Administration doctors had diagnosed Brannan with post-traumatic stress disorder in 1984 and determined that his condition had deteriorated to the point of 100 percent disability by 1990, the petition said. That mental illness was compounded by bipolar disorder diagnosed in 1996, his lawyers added.

Brannan was convicted and sentenced to death in 2000. He challenged the legality of his conviction and sentence in 2003, and a state court judge threw out his sentence on grounds that his trial lawyer failed to present complete mental health defenses. But the Georgia Supreme Court later tossed out that ruling and reinstated the death sentence
    [b]

Andrew Brannan

Brannan's family and lawyers tried to fight the death penalty for years arguing that he was a veteran with PTSD........my grandfather was a Sgt. in the 1st Calvary some of the First guys to get dropped into hot LZ's in Vietnam.....but since when does that give you the right to come back home and kill innocent people whether they be cops or civilians?If you serve your country with honor dont dishonor it later with cold blooded murder period.

Finally the poor victim of this awful tragedy that we've all seen and learned from over the years gets justice 16 years later.RIP Deputy Dinkheller.
    Last edited by NextofKin; 01-18-2015, 08:35 AM.

No, you WERE a Vietnam Vet.

Effer.
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Rot in hell, Brannan. And I say that as a Veteran. I've always had a low tolerance for mental illness being used to excuse murderers to begin with.

Comment

I enjoy engaging ******* vets. When they scream "I'm a vet." I scream back "So am I."

Enjoy being punked by UBL et al down there you POS!
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I didn't watch the video, but I think certain "activists" should watch it before they run their mouths about "giving cops a license to kill." That scene might be the one mentioned in an article about the St. Louis Police Officers Association inviting politicians to a special "training day" last year: "One official wept during some of the footage; another covered her ears to block out the screaming of an officer in his death throes, [SLPOA president Det. Joe] Steiger recalls. At times, he says, the room fell completely silent."

RIP, Deputy Kyle Dinkheller.

Let's be careful out there.
          --
          Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

Brannan's family and lawyers tried to fight the death penalty for years arguing that he was a veteran with PTSD........
            I've known lots of people, especially combat vets, with PTSD at varying levels of severity. After a particularly traumatic experience I went through a couple years ago, a couple of my family members pointed out that I might have had it (never was diagnosed officially and I don't seem to have it anymore). PTSD does NOT turn people into heartless killers. It cannot be blamed for any malicious killing. Anyone who seriously thinks that is getting PTSD confused with antisocial personality disorder and needs to stop getting their information from Rambo. It's wrong and unfair to anyone who truly has PTSD to lump this guy in with them. Instead of getting them help, it makes people demonize and fear them.

Yeah, maybe this piece of filth had some mental issues. But it wasn't PTSD that caused this; this was premeditated and intentional, not some reaction caused by a flashback.
            "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
            -Chris Rock

Comment

I agree 100%, GG. I get fired up when someone uses the excuse they are a veteran for ANYTHING! I don't even like free stuff on veteran's day, so yeah, it's offensive for anyone to lump true sufferers of PTSD into some sort of sicko who will gun down a police officer. A true sufferer of PTSD usually, not always, usually takes it out on himself, or thinks he's jacked up, not someone else. Not saying they can't be dangerous, just that they are usually brutal on themselves. This may be why we're losing close to an average of 20 veterans per day from OEF and OIF.

This monster started dancing??? I'm not a psychiatrist but that has nothing to do with PTSD. I can even find words for that. Demon-possessed would be the closest.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5680 users online. 318 members and 5362 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X