Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Ofc Stewart... bodycam shows his death and hopefully will save other LEOs

I have always believed that cameras work to LEOs benefit by showing just what happened and the more evidence you can bring to court, so much the better. They have also showed the bad and ugly that some officers commit and that has helped clean the service of some dirtballs in our midst.

I think this story shows just how valuable bodycams will be to the future of LE. This is good training for LEOs and also can show some 'less than LEO friendly' people just how fast and deadly cop work is. RIP Ofc Stewart and Godspeed.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...pect/21526819/

Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
    “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
    “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
    "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
    ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Tragic. Prayers for all those affected.

Is it standard for an officer in that context to not request a subject's hands stay visible?

Comment

RIP Officer Tyler Stewart

I was yelling 'make him get his hands out of his pockets' at the screen while I watched this video.

...it was a mid-morning argument between Smith, 28, and his girlfriend over unwashed dishes that set in motion a chain of events that led to Stewart's shooting...
      I... I don't understand how or why people like this have to exist in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post

I... I don't understand how or why people like this have to exist in this world.

Some people are worthless, born losers, the kind that if they were baby birds or something their mother would have pushed off to the side or out of the nest after recognizing there was something wrong with them.

Comment

Originally posted by dauntless89 View Post
          Tragic. Prayers for all those affected.

Is it standard for an officer in that context to not request a subject's hands stay visible?
          Yes, that was a key mistake....and it cost him his life.

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
          “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

"I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Comment

I feel so bad for him and his family. Too young, way too young. Rest high on that mountain Officer Stewart! My condolences to his family, friends and fellow LEO's.

Comment

when I first watched it, I was literally yelling at my phone. I feel so bad for him.

Comment

RIP Officer Stewart

Comment

And the coward did himself in just after shooting the officer.

Comment

Originally posted by Langford PR View Post
                    Yes, that was a key mistake....and it cost him his life.
                    I know due to the obvious rules of this forum, LEO's can't say, but it seems like this video will probably be used to help save lives in the future.

Comment

RIP Brother Stewart
                      September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by that's my hand View Post
                        I know due to the obvious rules of this forum, LEO's can't say, but it seems like this video will probably be used to help save lives in the future.
                        Absolutely, it will be used for training purposes. The main reason I posted it was for the increased exposure it would receive from the LEO community here so they can advise their UOF instructors and thereby be evaluated and possibly included in training of LEOs.

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5774 users online. 338 members and 5436 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X