NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Obama Releases 5 More From GITMO TODAY. Unbelievable.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmmaPeel
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

Thanks for the compliment Aero, Rudy, and CCCSD. I'm scratching you three off my Irish ire list.

Comment

• EmmaPeel
      Banned
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by that's my hand
      I'll say this, and Emma probably knows what I'm talking about, some Americans, or at least those who have an American passport, whether it be service members or civilians, can sometimes go to foreign nations and truly forget reality. They become immersed in a foreign culture and can lose sight of reality. This is my opinion of Obama. The child had a father (allegedly) that was a womanizer from Kenya. He's also said to have been a German asset, can't confirm but anyway, the child grows up as a fatherless child (there's a condition for this but I forget what its called). He goes through life with the idea Americans are colonialists and colonialism is bad. So, he basically sees a snapshot of the world, the culture AND FATHER, he so desperately misses, and creates his own version of reality of the world and America's role is what is to blame for the plight of not only Africa, but also SE Asia. JMHO.

I could go on, but the point is Obama may NOT know about the "Real world" but he definitely understands A TON about foreign culture. However, he has an insatiable disdain for America. Again, JMHO.
      I think his neurosEs are multi faceted and I wouldn't know where to begin. I think your theory could be one of many things......

Comment

• that's my hand
        Banned
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by CCCSD
        I think that he is so bigoted that he can't see Black crime, just that Whites are responsible for everything bad... He's vain, self centered, clueless about the world, and so hindsighted that the only thing he CAN see is his colon...
        I don't think he hates white's, just ask Larry Sinclair, or Bill Ayers. He has used multiple white's and blacks to push his agenda and then when they served their purpose, he pretty much did away with them. See Petraeus. He's a real piece of work. One for the history books. I just hope we can make it through this period. I'll say this though. From my angle, he looks like he's in attack mode on the US Armed Forces (and now the Police), because we could see through his BS .... even as recently as 1 Jan when he signed a 1% pay raise. To me that was a nasty smack in the face of a fighting force that has given their all in countless operations spanning the last 6 decades but especially over the last 14 years. I still go back to when police departments started speaking out about the 2nd Amendment. IMO, the Police have been under attack by this administration and the DOJ since they wouldn't go along with their BS. So, his bigotry probably exists but IMO, I think the way he has betrayed blacks is like nothing they have ever seen from a white person. He makes Uncle Tom look like MLK. Just my humble opinion.

Comment

• that's my hand
          Banned
          • Sep 2012

What's interesting is they are almost completely in-step with one another. If you read one, you've read them all. Kinda like the official narrative. Here it is distribute amongst the masses. Change a few words here and there so it doesn't look too funny. They ARE keeping us informed aren't they.

I like how you surface though ...

Comment

• EmmaPeel
            Banned
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by [email protected]
            CNN article from the time of the release.

Five Guantanamo Bay detainees have been transferred, the Department of Defense announced in a press release Wednesday.

Huff Post article.

Read the latest headlines, news stories, and opinion from Politics, Entertainment, Life, Perspectives, and more.

CBS article.

ABC article.

NBC article.

Five Yemenis held at the Guantanamo Bay prison have been transferred overseas, the Department of Defense announced late Wednesday.

NY Times.

The transfers came one day after several Republican senators proposed legislation that would place a moratorium on the release of most of the prisoners held at Guantánamo.

LA Times.

Five detainees were released from the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, this week, as the Obama administration continued transferring captives to other countries despite Republican resistance.

Does that about cover the breadth of the incorrectness of your post or should I go on?

I'm not sure what's more concerning, that you "missed" all those articles when insisting that no one was reporting this story, or that none of the people that agreed with you thought that it was ridiculous to think it was correct.

The second I read what you posted I knew there was absolutely no way you were remotely correct, and it took less than ten seconds to confirm. Believing something that irrational is.......... not good.

This part made me chuckle.
            I'm talking about TELEVISION, GENIUS. Show me the tapes of their broadcasts on the day it broke. As in the 3 major networks most people watch, genius- ABC, CBS, and NBC. And if you think you can find TV broadcast of that news, how long was it?

I'll wait with baited breath............

Comment

• EmmaPeel
              Banned
              • Jan 2011

What's interesting is they are almost completely in-step with one another. If you read one, you've read them all. Kinda like the official narrative. Here it is distribute amongst the masses. Change a few words here and there so it doesn't look too funny. They ARE keeping us informed aren't they.

I like how you surface though ...
              He knew I was talking about broadcast coverage. There was none. Two showed absolutely nothing and one showed about 15 seconds...enough to blink and it's gone.

I was talking about where most people get their news - which is turn on their favorite channels where they watch sports, sitcoms, and the what passes for news.

My assertion still stands.
              Last edited by EmmaPeel; 01-17-2015, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• EmmaPeel
                Banned
                • Jan 2011

I'm waiting Johnnie.

Your foot is firmly lodged in your mouth as usual. But I'll wait ....

Comment

• EmmaPeel
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2011

I'm waiting. You said it only takes 10 SECONDS.

Comment

• that's my hand
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by EmmaPeel
                    He knew I was talking about broadcast coverage. There was none. Two showed absolutely nothing and one showed about 15 seconds...enough to blink and it's gone.

I was talking about where most people get their news - which is turn on their favorite channels where they watch sports, sitcoms, and the what passes for news.

My assertion still stands.
                    You're right. Who normally goes to the huff post to get their news. Most Americans do not go online to get their news, they turn on TV. They certainly don't go online and google detainees from GTMO on the news link. True. WHY would they??? You're right. I thought that's what you meant to begin with.

Comment

• EmmaPeel
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2011

You're right. Who normally goes to the huff post to get their news. Most Americans do not go online to get their news, they turn on TV. They certainly don't go online and google detainees from GTMO on the news link. True. WHY would they??? You're right. I thought that's what you meant to begin with.
                      Yep and why is coverage in the BROADCAST NEWS MISSING, Johnny? WHY?????

I specifically called out NBC, ABC, and CBS on purpose. That's where propagandizement of the masses occurs, Johnnie. On the tube. Wake up.

Comment

• CCCSD
                        Shadowman
                        • Jul 2014

He won't. That's how he works. Proven wrong, he sulks...

Comment

• EmmaPeel
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by CCCSD
                          He won't. That's how he works. Proven wrong, he sulks...
                          Hey, he said it only takes 10 seconds.

This is where the censorship is occurring Johnnie Boy. On the three major BROADCAST networks, darling. Wake up.

Comment

• CCCSD
                            Shadowman
                            • Jul 2014

Left wingers HATE to be publicly shamed...

Comment

• MCAPO
                              Warrant whhhhaaaattt...
                              • Aug 2008

I would've thought, nowadays.....social media and cell phones with news head-lines would eventually take over the old rag for where most people would get their news. As noted prior - It's still TV, overwhelmingly. Recent polls/surveys and statistics analyzed since this API's finding's publication date of March 2014 - I'd say it's pretty up to date. The study is pretty interesting suggesting a wide range of topics regarding how people get their news. Throughout the day, what source, what gets their breaking news attention (that one is electronic media through applications informing the headlines ....(computer, phone, etc.)

Americans are accessing the news throughout the day and across devices For many Americans, keeping up with the news is an activity that occurs throughout the day and across different formats, devices, and technologies. When asked when they prefer to watch, read, or hear news, a plurality (33 percent) report following the news all throughout the day.

Comment

• MCAPO
                                Warrant whhhhaaaattt...
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by [email protected]
                                I'm browsing the online archives of CBS, NBC, and ABC.

While I do so, you can mention as the "news source" of people here how you failed to mention that the 5 individuals had already been cleared for release for years, cleared by no less than 6 separate governmental entities, including the DoD.
                                John, it's interesting that you brought that up. Of the 5 detainees released, all Yemenis nationals.....were not released to their home country of Yemen? Why? Those 5 cleared by no less than 6 separate govt. entities, including DOD - do not have enough confidence that these 5 Yemenis will not return to terrorist ties? I'm curious. However, several online news sources quote or repeat

"because the government there -- under pressure from al Qaeda and Houthi militants -- cannot ensure they won't join al Qaeda elements. The United States has been trying to find countries to take on the detainees who will provide security and human rights assurances for them."

It appears, that's not a lot of confidence. I don't think they are cleared 100%, wouldn't you think?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19075 users online. 46 members and 19029 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...