Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foghorn Leghorn Not Welcome At Seattle PD...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foghorn Leghorn Not Welcome At Seattle PD...

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/S...288337711.html

SEATTLE - Seattle police have released a dash cam video of an arrest that resulted in a suspension for an SPD officer.

The agency says the video was released as part of a public disclosure request and was being brought to light now "in the interest of fostering better police transparency."

The 7 minute video from Oct. 7, 2013 shows an officer driving after an African-American suspect who is on the run in Downtown Seattle. As the suspect attempts to make his getaway, the officer -- who has not been identified -- is heard shouting, "You're gonna get your *** shot, boy!"

Seattle police say they never received any public complaints about the arrest, but a front line supervisor raised concerns after seeing the tape an internal investigation was begun, culminating in 2014 with a 15 day suspension.

"Last year the department implemented a new bias free policing program, mandatory for all officers, and issued a new bias free policing policy," Seattle police wrote in a statement accompanying the release of the video. "The department is committed to constitutional and equitable policing for all of Seattle's residents."

Police didn't give any details on what crime the man was suspected of.

==============================

I can understand how the term might be considered offensive. That said, I think an appropriate action would be for a note to be put into the officer's folder. A 15 day suspension?! That's just pandering to the pc pimps.

And before anyone asks....yes, SPD is under a DOJ consent decree.
    Last edited by Pogue Mahone; 01-13-2015, 06:42 AM.
    This Space For Rent

No matter how many cops get suspended, how many community relactions functions you host, how many media conferences you call, how much dirty laundry you air in public, how much blame you take and how much you emasculate your police force it's never enough.

The haters are always gonna hate.

Comment

To be totally "bias-free" is to not be human.

smh
      It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Ridiculous.

I re-watched the first episode of Cops a few weeks ago. A detained suspect flees on foot, the pursuing officer yells 'Stop, or I'll shoot you in the back!' as he gives chase. Once he catches him, the officer removes a set of nunchucks. I was dying!

No, I am not kidding:

Comment

That was an example of a poorly trained Fla. Deputy. That guy was an assclown par excellence...
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            That was an example of a poorly trained Fla. Deputy. That guy was an assclown par excellence...
            Well, that was 1989......

Just because he said he was going to shoot him in the back, didn't mean he actually WAS... haha

The nunchucks was awesome +1 though...

Comment

I can't believe nobody mentioned at the end of the video - Nunchucks cop was talking to Dennis Franz

Comment

I didn't really even catch it the first time around, but at the end -- bushy stache guy is fussin' at junior for "very poor procedure".

They don't aire that stuff anymore. I wish they would - it would help me to realize I am not the only one that flubs up!

Comment

here is a followup to that:

Comment

I once yelled that I was going to shoot during a foot pursuit. The guy got away but we found him a couple weeks later. While I was driving him to jail, he asked why I yelled that I was going to shoot; he knew that I couldn't and wouldn't. My reply? Well, there were a lot of people watching, he was getting away and I had to do something to make it a little more interesting for them. Dude laughed his way to jail.
                    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

apparently that deputy and his deputy wife - have a son who appears to be a complete tool

http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...&Number=870105

Comment

The Police Officer should not "calm down", as the suspect repeatedly ordered, until the suspect is safely in custody. I think that the use of the term "boy", shouted in a warning exclamation to a fleeing young male suspect, is not inappropriate. Although I think that the Officer could not lawfully have shot the person, and that she clearly threatened to do so in the process of effecting his apprehension, I think the Police Officer should have been and still should be exonerated.

Comment

Seattle police say they never received any public complaints about the arrest, but a front line supervisor raised concerns after seeing the tape
                          Sounds like a fishing expedition. I wouldn't want to work for that ******bag.

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                          I once yelled that I was going to shoot during a foot pursuit. The guy got away but we found him a couple weeks later. While I was driving him to jail, he asked why I yelled that I was going to shoot; he knew that I couldn't and wouldn't. My reply? Well, there were a lot of people watching, he was getting away and I had to do something to make it a little more interesting for them. Dude laughed his way to jail.

My partner and I stopped an occupied stolen a couple of weeks ago; driver and passengers bailed. Well, the driver started to bail but my partner successfully bluffed him by threatening to shoot him. Wish I'd thought of that, I just started wordlessly chasing my guy like a chubby T1000.
                          Last edited by Chomp; 01-13-2015, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Wow a 15 day suspension for that. This job has turned into a customer service business.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                              Not really, this guy is a kick-a** pro-active street cop actually out there doing real police work, stopping people and getting guns and dope off the street, instead of just sitting behind some building passing time on his iPhone. It is 1989, back when cops were still allowed to do real police work, and not get jammed up with some bull**** complaint. And back when cops actually thumped someone who dared to fight with them. I'll bet this cop has knocked out the teeth of more s***head parolees who tried to fight him than 75% of the cops today.

This is an example of American law enforcement prior to be becoming pussified like it is today.
                              Last edited by beachcop05; 01-13-2015, 07:52 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5801 users online. 351 members and 5450 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X