Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIDEO: Elevator footage shows off-duty officer fumble gun before shooting self

Thoughts or comments anyone? I wish there were an audio feed so I could analyze what was said. However, I can't help but wonder what was going on that caused him to brandish his firearm. While this incident is unfortunate, this is highly embarassing for himself as well as his Department. FYI, the woman in the video with him is his wife.

http://www.abc15.com/news/national/v...-shooting-self
    Last edited by Sheepdog480; 01-09-2015, 04:03 PM. Reason: fat finger
    USAFR
    A1C
    2A3x3
    924th MXS

"A clean record doesn't equate to a clean cop and a bad record doesn't equate to a bad cop."

"Man is neither angel nor beast; and the misfortune is that he who would act the angel acts the beast."

-Matthew 5:9
    sigpic

That's painful to watch. It reminds me of the Hollywood movies, where the bad guy always stuffs a pistol down the front of his pants, with his finger either on the trigger, or near the trigger, and nobody notices (what a bad idea that is, and a bad example on screen), because they're mostly libs who hate guns, and besides, it's a prop, right, so it's harmless (that must be what they're thinking).
    https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

I hope he recovers well.

People get careless when they're accustomed to do something for years. With firearms and vehicles, carelessness can far too easily result in tragedy.

Drawing quickly is an important skill to master, but always reholster as if you have all the time in the world. It is never a rush.

Comment

Trying to figure out your angle. What does it matter to you what he was doing with it? Personally it looks like he was trying to move it from his holster to his jacket pocket. Does this video have some kind of impact on your life or are you rubbing our noses in it? Not sure I would call it highly embarrassing. Not the first time something like this has happened, probably won't be the last. SO FRIGGEN WHAT?

Just sayin
        Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Im curious why this is national news? This guy is a cop here in KY and it made the news in
          Arizona. He shot himself, not anyone else.
          "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

Non story....move on. Speedy recovery.
            September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by lpstopper View Post
              Im curious why this is national news? This guy is a cop here in KY and it made the news in
              It's no different than the DEA agent that shot himself.....................that has been all over the internet for years, and I still see it once in a while

Cops shooting themselves is news everywhere
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by lpstopper View Post
                It's national news because anti-gun types are posting it everywhere they can to prove how dangerous guns are, even in the hands of trained individuals.

Comment

I can only imagine the forest of wood over at Cop Block.....
                  Originally posted by RSGSRT
                  We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                  Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
                    Non story....move on. Speedy recovery.
                    Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                      It's no different than the DEA agent that shot himself.....................that has been all over the internet for years, and I still see it once in a while

Cops shooting themselves is news everywhere
                      That DEA officer's demonstration has also crept and reared it's ugly head into the vaults of LE training videos and power points all over. Legend.

Comment

Hoping that he has a speedy recovery.
                        USAFR
                        A1C
                        2A3x3
                        924th MXS

"A clean record doesn't equate to a clean cop and a bad record doesn't equate to a bad cop."

"Man is neither angel nor beast; and the misfortune is that he who would act the angel acts the beast."

-Matthew 5:9
                        sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4599 users online. 271 members and 4328 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X